Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't be sold.

And i'm mad enough to bet you whatever you want.

Now put your money where your mouth is or STFU

Capiche?
That doesn’t mean he’s going to figure for us
Another bench warmer at the most

He’s gash as a defender and poor as a WB

As exciting a signing Romero will be, other than a promising Rodon we’re still seriously short of quality at centre back… especially with Alderweireld looking like he’s gone and Sanchez likely to leave. I know there’s apparently no interest in Dier which isn’t surprising as he’s God damn awful but at this rate we’re going to end up having to keep our worst centre back and letting go our two best centre backs. We need at least one more quality centre back and possibly another if both Toby and Sanchez go.

As exciting a signing Romero will be, other than a promising Rodon we’re still seriously short of quality at centre back… especially with Alderweireld looking like he’s gone and Sanchez likely to leave. I know there’s apparently no interest in Dier which isn’t surprising as he’s God damn awful but at this rate we’re going to end up having to keep our worst centre back and letting go our two best centre backs. We need at least one more quality centre back and possibly another if both Toby and Sanchez go.

We could probably get by with Romero-New CB and Rodon-Tanganga as back-ups but one injury to our one of our top 2 and Rodon or Tanganga getting minutes is a potential disaster.

My worry is that Dier is looked at as a viable option so we might not even get the 2nd guys alongside Romero that we need nevermind the 2 CB's + Romero that we should get.

I think Dier will stay as we cannot sell everyone. Our centre backs can be Tomiyasu....Dier...Rodon....Romero plus another one who we will buy if we sell both Sanchez and Toby.
Davies can always cover lcb in a 3.
We don’t need to replace every player sold as we had a 25 man squad which we don’t need this season as not in Europa . Plus we have Skipp and Sess back as free under 21 picks.
Aurier and Sissoko will no doubt go plus CCV.
Fee apparently agreed with Everton for Winks. Prob have to pay him to go

If we somehow sign Romero and Kounde I'll be over the moon. Unlikely, but it seems like Kounde is waiting for Madrid, but that's not just gonna happen like that. Sevilla like Sanchez by reports, not sure why lol.
100M on 2 CBs is proper business.

Although, someone like Tomiyasu would be okay.

New right-back?
Selling: Sissoko, Winks, Lamela, Aurier Sanchez.

That would be exciting summer.

We could probably get by with Romero-New CB and Rodon-Tanganga as back-ups but one injury to our one of our top 2 and Rodon or Tanganga getting minutes is a potential disaster.

My worry is that Dier is looked at as a viable option so we might not even get the 2nd guys alongside Romero that we need nevermind the 2 CB's + Romero that we should get.
I wouldn’t class Rodon getting minutes as a potential disaster.
I think the prospect of signing 3 CBs is very minute.
The real question is, if we get Romero, who will the second CB be? Vestegaard? Lacroix?

I wouldn’t class Rodon getting minutes as a potential disaster.
I think the prospect of signing 3 CBs is very minute.
The real question is, if we get Romero, who will the second CB be? Vestegaard? Lacroix?

Rodon hasn't shown anything to indicate he is ready to be a good CB for a top 4 team, maybe I should have phrased it disaster to our chances of being a top 6 team. For our current mid table goals him filling in wouldn't be a disaster.

I agree 3 new CB's would be very unlikely if not impossible under Levy/Paratici but it is what we need with Toby leaving. None of Rodon, Dier, Tanganga, or Tomiyasu if he comes, should start for us in a PL game.

Rodon hasn't shown anything to indicate he is ready to be a good CB for a top 4 team, maybe I should have phrased it disaster to our chances of being a top 6 team. For our current mid table goals him filling in wouldn't be a disaster.

I agree 3 new CB's would be very unlikely if not impossible under Levy/Paratici but it is what we need with Toby leaving. None of Rodon, Dier, Tanganga, or Tomiyasu if he comes, should start for us in a PL game.
I’m perfectly happy with Rodon as first choice back up.
Key now is finishing Romero deal and signing a quality partner.

Rumours are that when Kane returns we’re going to try and convince him with our ‘project’. Buying 2 quality CBs may be part of the plan.

Rumours are that when Kane returns we’re going to try and convince him with our ‘project’. Buying 2 quality CBs may be part of the plan.

I am sure we will try to convince him but doubt it will change anything.

I think even if we had an actual impressive plan it wouldn't change his mind at this point, the "plan" will will present won't be close to impressive.

Rodon as first choice back-up is poor but likely the best we can hope for.

Edit:

More to Rodon as our first choice back-up, I think he is a poor fit with a guy like Romero, nobody to move the ball with that pair and would be very suspect to speed. If we had a Kounde come in I would feel much better about Rodon filling in next to a player like him.

Last edited:

Utter nonsense. Clearly didn’t watch Rodon play at the euros. Could you at least try watching football before humiliating yourself in public

I want Kane to leave. He can take Charlie fucken Kane with him. I hope Man City's lawyers tie those stupid cunts in knots and make a cunt of his big move.

I think Dier will stay as we cannot sell everyone. Our centre backs can be Tomiyasu....Dier...Rodon....Romero plus another one who we will buy if we sell both Sanchez and Toby.
Davies can always cover lcb in a 3.
We don’t need to replace every player sold as we had a 25 man squad which we don’t need this season as not in Europa . Plus we have Skipp and Sess back as free under 21 picks.
Aurier and Sissoko will no doubt go plus CCV.
Fee apparently agreed with Everton for Winks. Prob have to pay him to go
We should absolutely flog Dier.

Romero, New, Rodon, Tomiyasu, Tanganga

That's a strong group of CB choices.

Toby, Lamela,
We should absolutely flog Dier.

Romero, New, Rodon, Tomiyasu, Tanganga

That's a strong group of CB choices.
Agree, but it defends on who the new CB is.

Rodon, Tomiyasu, and Tanganga are solid as back up CBs, and all signs are that Nuno plans to play a back 4.
But in case of injury crisis we can switch to back 3, with Tomi/Tang able to play RCB, and Davies LCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom