Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issue is we're also replacing Winks, and we need a player to fill his quota as home-grown for club and country (I don't think Skipp is old enough).

Wouldn't Tanganga and/or Alfie Whiteman count now that they are a year older?

And even if Skipp isn't old enough he is free anyways so we could just go with less HG guys because Skipp replaces Winks but doesn't cost us a foreign spot.

I'm not getting this sudden forning over paratici from sections of our fan base

The don and all that bollocks. I've seen people wetting their pants because he was apparently on his phone a lot the other day , him and every teenager in the world

The time to lavish praise on him and name him "the don" will be when we have 3 or 4 players in the side contributing to better performances week in week out
We will see how good he is in the next year or two. Everything seems to be running through him - even Baldini didn't have the remit that Paratici seems to have. The club is also in a significantly different place now than 8 years ago.

As much as I disliked his managerial choices, Nuno was preferable to the other candidates (excluding Conte, if that was a real thing). Most of his player choices seem young, pre-prime, and not just cheap punts like we had a lot of the first couple years under Poch.

If he can somehow kick off the rebuild and get rid of most of the surplus then it will be a good start at least.

Love Toby, but getting £13m for him now is superb. We need to get much younger. Going from Lamela to Gil, Aurier to Tomisayu, and Toby to Romero is a very good start to a rebuild. Three players 23 and under.

If Paratici can parlay Sanchez into Kounde or Lacroix and Winkssoko into a younger CM, we’d be cooking with gas.

Are you optimistic and excited by the potential signings being mentioned in this thread?
I would be lying if I said I have watched a single minute of them playing football that wasnt a youtube highlights reel

They may turn out to be great, they may turn out to be terrible or they more than likely will land somewhere in the middle

But the time to praise Paratici for bringing them in will be once they deliver , that's all I am saying

Plus a key word there is potential , we have signed a goalkeeper and that's it as it stands right now , this is spurs . Until they are holding the shirt I will not allow myself to get excited

I would be lying if I said I have watched a single minute of them playing football that wasnt a youtube highlights reel

They may turn out to be great, they may turn out to be terrible or they more than likely will land somewhere in the middle

But the time to praise Paratici for bringing them in will be once they deliver , that's all I am saying

Plus a key word there is potential , we have signed a goalkeeper and that's it as it stands right now , this is spurs . Until they are holding the shirt I will not allow myself to get excited

im just happy to see us finally doing business early, rather than haggling until the end of transfer window and invariably missing out.

im just happy to see us finally doing business early, rather than haggling until the end of transfer window and invariably missing out.
I wouldn't call this early to be honest

We spent months dicking around for a manager

Season starts in a few weeks

Everything seems to be running through him - even Baldini didn't have the remit that Paratici seems to have.
That's the appealing bit. It seems our business is less in Levy's hands than has been the case in a very long time, and based on what we've done and what we're hearing, our plan for the summer seems well thought out, and less shamefully underfunded than we were fearing.

All of that can change in a heartbeat of course, and it hardly seems like a path to top four in the short term, but it's not Paratici's fault June was such a shitshow and he seems to be taking to his role reasonably well.

Best of luck to him, he'll need it.

Not in the EPL but in Europe he has to be included in the squad of 25.

C'est la vie... It would be ludicrous to do a Rodon(*) on him and not having him maximise his gametime in the ECL .

(*Scandalously bad squad management whoever was behind that decision!)

Wouldn't Tanganga and/or Alfie Whiteman count now that they are a year older?

And even if Skipp isn't old enough he is free anyways so we could just go with less HG guys because Skipp replaces Winks but doesn't cost us a foreign spot.
Sess and Skipp are under. 21. Don’t have to be registered. There is no home grown quota.The only 2 quotas are
max of 25 who are 21 and over registered in the squad. (Players who are under 21 on 1 Jan before the next season starts are classed as under 21.
Max of 17 non HG players.
Nuno liked a small squad at Wolves so I can’t see him wanting much more than 22, especially as we will prob use under 23 and fringe players in the early rounds of the conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom