Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he hasn't been used that way by Pep when Cancelo is on the other wing.

He got 1 assist last season across PL & CL.

I have seen him going forward plenty under Pep at City. He certainly has that threat that teams have to respect even if he is doing it a lot less than he has in the past or Cancelo does, with a guy like Tomiyasu there is nothing to respect because him going forward is great for the opposition.

Also, assists tell very little about what players contribute offensively.

Edit:

I would also say if we had a MF with the creative options that City did and a manager like Pep that can create offense not a dinosaur dud like Nuno perhaps I would be more open to the idea of having one FB that is useless in attack.

I have seen him going forward plenty under Pep at City. He certainly has that threat that teams have to respect even if he is doing it a lot less than he has in the past or Cancelo does, with a guy like Tomiyasu there is nothing to respect because him going forward is great for the opposition.

Also, assists tell very little about what players contribute offensively.
Yes but you suggested Walker puts in crosses, hence I posted the assists stats.

I'm not saying Tomiyasu is as good as Walker, I'm just saying that after watching City's tactics, I think the idea of having a pacy RB staying back to stop counters while the LB attacks is not a bad idea.

In terms of making a judgment on Tomiyasu, I think you are being premature. I have not watched him beyond highlight reels, but his stats are good, and Doc who has watched Bologna games said he was happy with Tomiyasu being signed and playing RB. I trust his judgement, as well as the Atalanta scouts who have a great track record.

Long way to go, but Paratici genuinely seems to have a clue. Looking to sell the players who need to be sold and addressing the right areas.

Yes but you suggested Walker puts in crosses, hence I posted the assists stats.

I'm not saying Tomiyasu is as good as Walker, I'm just saying that after watching City's tactics, I think the idea of having a pacy RB staying back to stop counters while the LB attacks is not a bad idea.

In terms of making a judgment on Tomiyasu, I think you are being premature. I have not watched him beyond highlight reels, but his stats are good, and Doc who has watched Bologna games said he was happy with Tomiyasu being signed and playing RB. I trust his judgement, as well as the Atalanta scouts who have a great track record.

But Tomiyasu is not a pacy RB that can clean anything up, he is a limited CB that can play RB if he has to. If we were bringing in a Walker-like player that would make more sense, but we are bringing in Tomiyasu who is likely not an upgrade on Tanganga.

Tomiyasu is not a terrible buy I just don't like him as a starting RB for us. If he were coming in as a back-up to develop, preferably at CB, I would like it.

But Tomiyasu is not a pacy RB that can clean anything up, he is a limited CB that can play RB if he has to. If we were bringing in a Walker-like player that would make more sense, but we are bringing in Tomiyasu who is likely not an upgrade on Tanganga.

Tomiyasu is not a terrible buy I just don't like him as a starting RB for us. If he were coming in as a back-up to develop, preferably at CB, I would like it.
How do you reach these conclusions so quickly 🤔

The people whom I trust as experts and have watched him play, have said he's a good buy, so I'm willing to give him a chance.

I would hope we go for an actual RB
I'm fed up of seeing Tanganga play at RB as he is clearly a CB and im fed up of seeing Doherty not defend at all

Can we just have a defender capable at both ends of the pitch please.

If we end up with Tomiyasu its ok but he's quite defensive and when you play teams like Burnley. If we have no threat down that right side they'll just double up on Son/Kane and make it harder for us.

How do you reach these conclusions so quickly 🤔

The people whom I trust as experts and have watched him play, have said he's a good buy, so I'm willing to give him a chance.

I really don't think we are all that off in our opinions on him, so not sure why I am reaching conclusions quickly and you are not.

As I have said I don't like limited FB's, you seem to be more willing to accept that style. I have yet to read or see a single thing about him that indicates that he has strengths as an attacking FB.

That's great that you are willing to give him a chance, you should. If you are getting information that you trust about it great.

Long way to go, but Paratici genuinely seems to have a clue. Looking to sell the players who need to be sold and addressing the right areas.
I'm not getting this sudden forning over paratici from sections of our fan base

The don and all that bollocks. I've seen people wetting their pants because he was apparently on his phone a lot the other day , him and every teenager in the world

The time to lavish praise on him and name him "the don" will be when we have 3 or 4 players in the side contributing to better performances week in week out

You've never seen Tomiyasu play. Stop making shit up you cretin.

The don and all that bollocks. I've seen people wetting their pants because he was apparently on his phone a lot the other day , him and every teenager in the world

The time to lavish praise on him and name him "the don" will be when we have 3 or 4 players in the side contributing to better performances week in week out

so basically it bothers you that supporters are excited

Well we've upgraded Hart.
Gil is apparently done - a promising young talent in for permacrock Lamela
Romero also seemingly very close - one of the most highly rated young defenders around

While the latter two are not officially confirmed yet, it seems it's only a matter of days until they are so you can give him credit now or wait a bit longer.

Getting over the hill Toby out is also a good move. It looks like Sanchez will be gone too - possibly as part of a Kounde deal. Aurier, Sissoko, Winks will all likely be shipped out.

People are excited because of the calibre of young talent we are linked with/ are on the verge of signing.

Given the links/deals progressing it looks like we have the right man in for this rebuild. A damn sight better than Hitchens thats for sure.

Don't be a grump all your life have some fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom