Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everton going Gordon no 10 shirt and discussing new contract.

Gordon

Gordon

I think you've won this. That's the best. Mine isn't original as I'm piggybacking here but - Diet N'o

If God had meant us to run marathons he'd/she'd never have let us invent cars.

Yours Truly, Fat Bastaad...

Of all the excuses not to run, made up sky fairies is the worst.

Gordon

I think you've won this. That's the best. Mine isn't original as I'm piggybacking here but - Diet N'o

Of all the excuses not to run, made up sky fairies is the worst.
FFS...
simon cowell facepalm GIF

I've currently set myself a challenge to run 10k a day every day. Done 10 in a row and it's getting easier. If it wasn't so hot I'd try to go faster each time.
What I have noticed is;
Less pain
Less feeling sick
And probably in line with your comment - I don't feel like I'm suffering oxygen starvation at the end. I can still work out in my mind how fast I need to be going to get to the 10k in a certain time etc. Usually I could do that early on but by the 8-9k mark I'm like
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
I started running when I was about to turn 60. I'd stopped playing competitive sport, because of injury, when I was 26. I'm 66 next month and have run 4 marathons since 2018. I can honestly say I f**king hate running. I keep doing it at this stage because I'm afraid I'll completely seize up if I stop now.

I started running when I was about to turn 60. I'd stopped playing competitive sport, because of injury, when I was 26. I'm 66 next month and have run 4 marathons since 2018. I can honestly say I f**king hate running. I keep doing it at this stage because I'm afraid I'll completely seize up if I stop now.
I do it to keep the weight off.
That's how much I need to exercise to get it down.
If I ever gave up entirely I'd quickly gain a lot.

Back
Top Bottom