Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm sure none of the players at the club, the staff, or Conte give a flying fuck what that fat dopey scottish bastard has to say.

Fuck off Nicol you haggis fucking fuckwit

As someone with 25% Scottish blood, a quarter of me is offended by this blatant racism, one needs to do better son.

even stevens point GIF

Here's some reading for you, just in case

Anti-Scottish sentiment - Wikipedia

I may not actually really be offended and this post may or may not be in jest

Replace the phrase 'world class' with elite and try again; if this is really offensive to you?

You don't think it's "realistic" for 8 elite players (+ 3 lesser) to face off against an XI with even more individual quality?

Hand held up... Yeh, I mis-read that part. (Making something up would have been deliberate misrepresentation which is entirely not the case tho'.)

But still; why are you so averse to the idea of answering a rhetorical question?

It's fairly commonplace way to illustrate a point.

Over the last 5 years (and more!); City have had FAR more quality in depth that Liverpool (though the last year or so they have closed that gap somewhat)....... This really isn't debatable.

Until this year, Liverpool had been binning off the domestic cups each season just to keep up.... That's not down to Klopp coincidentally having a series of off-days tactically.

Look what happened when VVD got injured in 20/21; Liverpool fell way off cos they didn't have the quality of depth to cope and maintain the levels required to keep pace with City.

.....Question remains. Why have they been THE dominant team? (It's not just been the EPL title... It's been domestic doubles and trebles!)

.........What IS your take? (You never said.)

Elite quality is so often what give you those tiny margins.

You were chatting earlier about consistency.... That's a big reason why elite players cost as much as they do... Cos they maintain that top level game in game out; deliver in big games and so-on.....

After a certain point, the cost of players isn't linear for good reason. You end up paying handsomely for that extra inch..... Reliability...... Consistency at the highest level.

(We're you also one of the guys yesterday chatting about fees and wages directly correlating to success? ......What is the aim of said spending if not to accumulate the best quality possible?)

These elements aside; I'm still baffled that you think Klopp isn't a 'better than the sum of their parts' kind of manager....? It seems completely at odds with the virtues you seem to be celebrating in management.

Both their main WBs got injured; whom until then were their best performing players....... Lukaku - the sketchy player that he is - stopped scoring..... Werner is shit and thus they were left with no reliable goal-scorer. There may be other player-based issues I don't recall, but one things for sure, Tuchel didn't sigificantly change up his tactics or become a crap manager.

What do you think happened? (Again, you never said.)
Great points. Amazing! You win the argument. I seriously do not have the time for this. Apparently you do, as evidenced by your almost 63,000 posts compared to my 1,600, even though I am a year longer on this forum.

You still make stuff up that I never said, but whatever...

Great points. Amazing! You win the argument. I seriously do not have the time for this. Apparently you do, as evidenced by your almost 63,000 posts compared to my 1,600, even though I am a year longer on this forum.

You still make stuff up that I never said, but whatever...

Engage or don't; agree or don't, but spare me the butt-hurt asshole routine.

I've currently set myself a challenge to run 10k a day every day. Done 10 in a row and it's getting easier. If it wasn't so hot I'd try to go faster each time.
What I have noticed is;
Less pain
Less feeling sick
And probably in line with your comment - I don't feel like I'm suffering oxygen starvation at the end. I can still work out in my mind how fast I need to be going to get to the 10k in a certain time etc. Usually I could do that early on but by the 8-9k mark I'm like
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
You runners are a special breed. They only way I'm running is if the cops or a dog is chasing me.

View to a Gil

On Her Majesty's Secret Sanchez

The Man with the Golden Son

I never promised quality..

Not sure about this last one, tbh. :cool:

You Only Dav Twice?

Diamonds Are Forever (Pochettino's 2019/2020 41212 purgatory remake)

Alderwierld Is Not Enough

Skywalk.

Barrel scraped.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom