Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you want to go and break a world record for a 10k run, you don't spend all your time trying to beat it by 1 second.
You aim to beat it comprehensively by pushing yourself in training.

Whether that prick gets it or not, the game of football involves an awful lot of running.
These guys need to be able to run for a solid 90 minutes without suffering near the end. In the past, that has cost us as we fell onto the back foot.

it's not just physical fatigue that's impacted, decision making and alertness is hampered which is crucial towards the end of a game.

Anyone knowing a little about elite sports would understand this.

As good as a lot of these old players were; there's some things that their "we used to down 5 pints at HT" old skool mentalities won't allow them to comprehend...... This is also why despite their flair for football; many of them would struggle to adapt to the modern game

As good as a lot of these old players were; there's some things that their "we used to down 5 pints at HT" old skool mentalities won't allow them to comprehend.
I watched a few of these ESPN FC videos in the past, none of those people actually know much about football. Sometimes they're visibly struggling to figure out what happened over the weekend, clearly trying to give their opinions on events they were too lazy to follow.

For as annoying as it is on here, I'd love to see them face a bit of your persistent grilling over every detail.

it's not just physical fatigue that's impacted, decision making and alertness is hampered which is crucial towards the end of a game.

Anyone knowing a little about elite sports would understand this.

I've currently set myself a challenge to run 10k a day every day. Done 10 in a row and it's getting easier. If it wasn't so hot I'd try to go faster each time.
What I have noticed is;
Less pain
Less feeling sick
And probably in line with your comment - I don't feel like I'm suffering oxygen starvation at the end. I can still work out in my mind how fast I need to be going to get to the 10k in a certain time etc. Usually I could do that early on but by the 8-9k mark I'm like
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Spence not part of Boro's Portugal training camp​

Djed Spence is not part of Middlesbrough's training camp in Portugal, as talks continue between Tottenham and Boro over his potential transfer.
The England U21 has remained working on this fitness at their Rockliffe training ground.
Spence wants the Spurs move and discussions have been at an advanced stage for some time, but there has yet to be a final agreement on the fee.

Kane, Son, and the other Internationals were expected to run less sprints than the players who arrived to training last week. Why? Cause the non-Internationals were already much better acclimated to training with just a few extra days of work. If Parrott, Gil, Sarr, and Sanchez each ran 42 sprints and Kane ran ~20% less, that type of endurance improvement over the teams that don’t do the hard training will be SIGNIFICANT when the games start for real.

A 20% advantage shows up in the 2nd Half. It’s the difference between the conditioning of a Mourinho trained team and a Conte trained team.

When you ask a question that is not based on reality, don't expect an answer.

WTF? How did you come up with this conclusion?? Dude, you seriously need to read what other people write and not make shit up.

Well, it's not because he lost to City in a league game, or because Pep had more quality players. And it's not like it couldn't have been 3 to Klopp and 2 to Pep. You do realize that two of times that City won the title they won it by a solitary point? Which is basically a shot being a few centimeters lower/righter/lefter that may have made the difference over the course of over 3500 minutes of football.

Well, do tell me. Is it because he didn't have enough quality? They were in the mix through the first half of the season. Did they sell all their good players in January?

Replace the phrase 'world class' with elite and try again; if this is really offensive to you?

You don't think it's "realistic" for 8 elite players (+ 3 lesser) to face off against an XI with even more individual quality?

Hand held up... Yeh, I mis-read that part. (Making something up would have been deliberate misrepresentation which is entirely not the case tho'.)

But still; why are you so averse to the idea of answering a rhetorical question?

It's fairly commonplace way to illustrate a point.

Over the last 5 years (and more!); City have had FAR more quality in depth that Liverpool (though the last year or so they have closed that gap somewhat)....... This really isn't debatable.

Until this year, Liverpool had been binning off the domestic cups each season just to keep up.... That's not down to Klopp coincidentally having a series of off-days tactically.

Look what happened when VVD got injured in 20/21; Liverpool fell way off cos they didn't have the quality of depth to cope and maintain the levels required to keep pace with City.

.....Question remains. Why have they been THE dominant team? (It's not just been the EPL title... It's been domestic doubles and trebles!)

.........What IS your take? (You never said.)

Elite quality is so often what give you those tiny margins.

You were chatting earlier about consistency.... That's a big reason why elite players cost as much as they do... Cos they maintain that top level game in game out; deliver in big games and so-on.....

After a certain point, the cost of players isn't linear for good reason. You end up paying handsomely for that extra inch..... Reliability...... Consistency at the highest level.

(We're you also one of the guys yesterday chatting about fees and wages directly correlating to success? ......What is the aim of said spending if not to accumulate the best quality possible?)

These elements aside; I'm still baffled that you think Klopp isn't a 'better than the sum of their parts' kind of manager....? It seems completely at odds with the virtues you seem to be celebrating in management.

Both their main WBs got injured; whom until then were their best performing players....... Lukaku - the sketchy player that he is - stopped scoring..... Werner is shit and thus they were left with no reliable goal-scorer. There may be other player-based issues I don't recall, but one things for sure, Tuchel didn't sigificantly change up his tactics or become a crap manager.

What do you think happened? (Again, you never said.)

H07t.gif

Get a room you two. For fuck sake.

Kane, Son, and the other Internationals were expected to run less sprints than the players who arrived to training last week. Why? Cause the non-Internationals were already much better acclimated to training with just a few extra days of work. If Parrott, Gil, Sarr, and Sanchez each ran 42 sprints and Kane ran ~20% less, that type of endurance improvement over the teams that don’t do the hard training will be SIGNIFICANT when the games start for real.

A 20% advantage shows up in the 2nd Half. It’s the difference between the conditioning of a Mourinho trained team and a Conte trained team.

An extra 20% from Kane and Son means they will score about 1000 goals each this season.

Back
Top Bottom