Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Instead of their modus operandi of waiting until late in the transfer window to make key additions, Spurs have been proactive this summer and have addressed most of the squad’s weaknesses well before the start of the new campaign.

The North London club have already brought six players through the door in the form of Ivan Perisic, Fraser Forster, Yves Bissouma, Richarlison, Clement Lenglet and Djed Spence.

The Evening Standard’s Dan Kilpatrick reported last week that Tottenham are now focused on moving on their deadwood and added that the club are still on the lookout for a creative midfielder and a centre-back.

Meanwhile, Fabrizio Romano has told GiveMeSport that Fabio Paratici continues to be on the lookout for market ‘opportunities’.

Gold has now said something similar, stating that Tottenham could look to bring in a striker, an attacking midfielder and a centre-back, depending on player sales.

The journalist said on a Q&A on Football.London: “Spurs’ focus right now is on getting players out of the door but they are still looking at opportunities for attacking midfielders and strikers, as well as another centre-back depending on who departs.

Spurs Web Opinion

I think part of the reason why Conte has experimented with Moura at right-wing-back is because of the possibility that Spurs could bring another forward through the door (potentially Zaniolo).

One would also expect the club to sign another centre-back if Tanganga and Rodon depart but it is unclear at this point who our target is likely to be, particularly with Bremer joining Juventus.

Like i said all along. “Opportunities”. Doesn’t sound like we are fussed on signing other players now unless the opportunity presents itself. Said all along Spence will be our last signing and I’m going to stick by it

friends-rain.gif

Probably between him and Ziniolo.

Never going to be Maddison, the fans would hang Rogers from a lamp post (which wouldn't be all bad news).

Ziniolo would be more likely, quicker, and more adaptable across the midfield. Though he's had two major surgeries, he played thirty games last season (from what i can find) uninjured I believe.

Besides if he has Ledleyitis then a medical will pick that up.

I can see this happening this weekend and if he is left out of the lineup to face us (or an unused sub) then it's a done deal already?

Sesko, linked with us and others a few months ago.

Looks a real player.. just turned 19 so looks like this will be his breakout goal-scoring season before a move next summer.

Never going to be Maddison, the fans would hang Rogers from a lamp post (which wouldn't be all bad news).

Ziniolo would be more likely, quicker, and more adaptable across the midfield. Though he's had two major surgeries, he played thirty games last season (from what i can find) uninjured I believe.

Besides if he has Ledleyitis then a medical will pick that up.

I can see this happening this weekend and if he is left out of the lineup to face us (or an unused sub) then it's a done deal already?
Zaniolo would likely play in our front three.. don't see there being much chance of us recruiting him to play in midfield or wingback.

Leeds interest in Winks died when they brought in Tyler Adams.

Marsch, Aaronson, and Adams. Leeds is trying to corner the American "soccer" market. Reminds me of when the Duke brothers worked over the Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate market in the 80's.
"Marsch, Aaronson, and Adams. Leeds is trying to corner the American "soccer" market."

They're welcome to it....!

Back
Top Bottom