Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do People think are the most reliable sources of transfer info?

Personally I only have three journalists on the list:
Fabrizio Romano
David Ornstein

Too a lesser extent Alasdair Gold.
By the time Romano reports something the likes of Ornstein have already done so.
In a way, that makes him more reliable as he waits until it's all but guaranteed before he puts his neck on the line.

Transfer window is not over yet, I think many clubs are trying to look for bargains at the end of the window.
And, there it is. There is nothing about Winks that is a bargain. He's on high wages (and will probably want more money to sign for another club) and has no track record to justify the investment beyond early potential and Harry Winks has reached the age where it is assumed that such potential will not come to fruition. He is what he is and for most Premier League clubs that won't be good enough.

Nottingham Forest broke the bank for Lingard because of his successful loan spell at West Ham. Winks doesn't have anything like that going for him.

And, there it is. There is nothing about Winks that is a bargain. He's on high wages (and will probably want more money to sign for another club) and has no track record to justify the investment beyond early potential and Harry Winks has reached the age where it is assumed that such potential will not come to fruition. He is what he is and for most Premier League clubs that won't be good enough.

Nottingham Forest broke the bank for Lingard because of his successful loan spell at West Ham. Winks doesn't have anything like that going for him.
Like I said he's not good enough for us,(us-champions league level with one of the best managers in the world)but not good enough for Palace, Forest, Wolves, Fulham, Everton? Of course he is.

Don't contracts get paid while someone is not yet employed, but once they get hired by another team then the contract is effectively terminated? I believe that's what happened with Poch, no?

Depends what is in contract.

I understand Poch had a termination clause which said paid for one year after leaving Spurs or until he gets another job within that year, in which case pay stops earlier.

Its not uncommon to get a termination clause of 12 months or more being paid (usually on gardening leave ie you cannot work for competitor in this time). Outside football this also happens although for it maybe one month, 3 months or 6 months in your contract.

Unless the termination is a sacking (eg for 'gross misconduct' or other legal grounds for a sacking) than a period of compensation will follow - not so of course if someone leaves the club or company of their own accord

There is no rule against that actually.

Technically you're correct. But the very best of the best female players are nowhere near good enough to play in the premier league. So it's still irrelevant to post women transfer news in this thread.

Like I said he's not good enough for us,(us-champions league level with one of the best managers in the world)but not good enough for Palace, Forest, Wolves, Fulham, Everton? Of course he is.

He's not good enough for a premier league club. Mainly because they all know he's not good at anything in particular. Maybe looking dappa with his shirt tucked in.
By all accounts, he's not even known as "one of the boys" or someone in the dressing room who is a good influence or has a bromance or anything.

I genuinely cannot see anyone from the premier league buying him with money.
It'll be a loan and I suspect he'll fail to get regular football then come back and we'll have to deal with it again next year.

Technically you're correct. But the very best of the best female players are nowhere near good enough to play in the premier league. So it's still irrelevant to post women transfer news in this thread.

He's not good enough for a premier league club. Mainly because they all know he's not good at anything in particular. Maybe looking dappa with his shirt tucked in.
By all accounts, he's not even known as "one of the boys" or someone in the dressing room who is a good influence or has a bromance or anything.

I genuinely cannot see anyone from the premier league buying him with money.
It'll be a loan and I suspect he'll fail to get regular football then come back and we'll have to deal with it again next year.
BOURNEMOUTH I RECKON SCOTTY PARKER MIGHT BE KEEN

Who do People think are the most reliable sources of transfer info?

Personally I only have three journalists on the list:
Fabrizio Romano
David Ornstein

Too a lesser extent Alasdair Gold.
With all journalists, and even supposed ITKs, I always ask "who are their sources? how likely is it they could have accurate information on this matter?"

Fabrizio Romano clearly gets info directly from agents, and sometimes for the agents it's a way of attempting to manipulate a situation, put pressure on a key party. Often though it's merely early confirmation of something that will soon be announced by clubs.

Ally Gold is a "beat reporter", his job is to cover Spurs for Foootball London. He gets fed stuff from the club's perspective, and tries to report it with as much integrity as possible. He also has direct access to people at the club. But the quid pro quo is that if he bites the hand that feeds him, he won't have a job anymore. Such is the lot of the beat reporter.

Back
Top Bottom