Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was disappointed we made GLC's loan permanent off the back of about 3 good games.
The fact we're now struggling to get rid should teach us a lesson with these deals and make sure we're never obliged to buy unless they prove to be consistently brilliant with quantifiable proof. Like Kulu for example.
Wasn’t the GLC’s loan the first signing to follow a loan with an obligation to buy. Wasn’t it to avoid a sell-on clause or some sort of payment deferral?

Someone fractured a bone in his foot during a training match tackle you fucking relentlessly ignorant dunderhead.

It has nothing to do with his muscle mass. He's not even that bulky.

Had no idea about this fracture....... They were reporting a big gash in his foot during the SK tour.

Ahhh, bollocks. :(

Wasn’t the GLC’s loan the first signing to follow a loan with an obligation to buy. Wasn’t it to avoid a sell-on clause or some sort of payment deferral?

Yes- we were trying to avoid having them upcharge us for needing to pay on a big % of next sale fee to PSG. The loan was only nominal- GLC as far as I know was always meant to be a permanent purchase. I believe the fee was obligated, never an option.

Yes- we were trying to avoid having them upcharge us for needing to pay on a big % of next sale fee to PSG. The loan was only nominal- GLC as far as I know was always meant to be a permanent purchase. I believe the fee was obligated, never an option.
Yup, knew it was something like that. We never had the option to cancel it. We took it up and hoped poch would get the best out of him. It didn’t work out, and him fecking off for international duty really didn’t help his cause. Didn’t really have the fans behind him from that point. Kinda turned me against him a bit tbh. Sure I wasn’t alone and he felt that on the pitch and from the rest of the team. Selfish

Yes- we were trying to avoid having them upcharge us for needing to pay on a big % of next sale fee to PSG. The loan was only nominal-

If you're talking financially, then it was far from nominal..... It was £12m. The whole point was to wrap as much cash up in the loan fee as little as poss had to passed over to PSG.

GLC as far as I know was always meant to be a permanent purchase. I believe the fee was obligated, never an option.

The broader intent was always for the deal to become permanent, but the option function within the deal was entirely legitimate..... We could have chosen to walk away; albeit being left to reconcile a crazy priced short-term loan.

Yup, knew it was something like that. We never had the option to cancel it. We took it up and hoped poch would get the best out of him.

That's incorrect. We did..... Otherwise the whole fee dodge/PSG aspect wouldn't have worked as designed.

........It would have just essentially been a staggered payment; all of which PSG would have been able to apply their sell-on clause against.

If you're talking financially, then it was far from nominal..... It was £12m. The whole point was to wrap as much cash up in the loan fee as little as poss had to passed over to PSG.

The broader intent was always for the deal to become permanent, but the option function within the deal was entirely legitimate..... We could have chosen to walk away; albeit being left to reconcile a crazy priced short-term loan.
Hmm I recall it being a loan with obligation to purchase but maybe I never learned the full story to it. I thought it was like 5m upfront with 35m obligated the next summer. Anyways- yes meant "nominal" as in name only.

No shit somebody I knew years back worked in a recording studio that hosted Stevie, and claims that he was the best air hockey player he ever saw- was apparently unbeatable. Seems ridiculous, but maybe true, and fun to think about if nothing else.

Everton though? They're totally fucked. They may as well have Helen Keller at the wheel.

He’s not fully blind, partially sighted from ROP - he was born 6weeks (I think) premature, in an age when it was not yet understood that giving 100% Saturation of Oxygen damages the delicate vessels which nourish retinal formation.

My Mum saw him live when he was 16, said he was mesmerising.

Spurs fans reactions -

Rumours of Reguilon leaving for Brighton

Vince Mcmahon GIF

Gio news spreads of his loan move to Villareal

vince mcmahon wwe GIF

Ndombele news breaks tonight reference Napoli

confused vince mcmahon GIF

Winks gets sold

Shocked Vince Mcmahon GIF

Back
Top Bottom