Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ndombele and Lo Celso both out on loan next season is excellent news - even if we are still paying a good part of their salaries ......... and they might be back next summer and need shifting again.

But we can hope both look good enough on loan to attract more interest next summer or even Napoli or Villareal buying them - although doubt we'll get more than about 30m for them combined sadly.

Still Reguilon and Winks to shift, but wouldn't surprise me if the news tonight is enough to re-ignite our search and signing of an AM !

now winks

Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons

I am surprised we're finding it hard to shift Reguilon unless we're simply overpricing him.

Whilst he's not of the level required, he's still a semi-decent left back and would probably get into half of the Premier League squads. I hope Brighton rumours are true.

I am surprised we're finding it hard to shift Reguilon unless we're simply overpricing him.

Whilst he's not of the level required, he's still a semi-decent left back and would probably get into half of the Premier League squads. I hope Brighton rumours are true.
Winks n Reguilon are both likely “waiting out” offers, wanting Spanish clubs.

Seems many feel like players are docile cattle (not aimed at you), forgoing any of the subtlety of the fact, they are humans with thoughts and feelings.

Tonight Gio and Tanguy, that is sensational for the group. Reguilon will 100% leave, Winks might not but that’s cool (Nearly 20years here).

Winks had his career buckled by Poch persuading him to play through the pain, IMO, maybe we would be passed his quality threshold now anyway, but it was a huge moment in his career.

I mean they finished 3rd last year... I don't see why they wouldn't. They have a good enough squad and made some good summer signings too.
Nah. They lost Insigne, Mertens and Koulibaly in the same window, basically their entire backbone. That alongside Roma, Inter, Milan and Juve looking insanely strong makes Napoli have a very slim chance to finish in the top 4.

He’s not fully blind, partially sighted from ROP - he was born 6weeks (I think) premature, in an age when it was not yet understood that giving 100% Saturation of Oxygen damages the delicate vessels which nourish retinal formation.

My Mum saw him live when he was 16, said he was mesmerising.
Saw him live a few years ago.....can confirm he still is.....👍

Nah. They lost Insigne, Mertens and Koulibaly in the same window, basically their entire backbone. That alongside Roma, Inter, Milan and Juve looking insanely strong makes Napoli have a very slim chance to finish in the top 4.
They are also losing Fabian Ruiz, who scored a decent number of goals for them.

Mertens and Koulibaly have both been on the decline for a few seasons now. Insigne's ouput will be a miss and something they'll hope Kvaratskhelia can make up the numbers next season. But that Napoli team is still good (and they have a great coach), Kim Min-Jae will be a rock in that league, Di Lorenzo seems to go from strengh to strength each season, Fabian Ruiz is one of the best midfielders in Europe and I think Osimhen is going to get 20+ league goals this season too.

Rumours are that Fabian Ruiz is off though but until then, I'll continue to praise his abilities and those have been in a Napoli shirt.

Inter, AC and Juventus will likely make up the top three next season. But I don't think any of the other teams are on Napoli's level. Not Lazio, Atalanta and certainly not a Roma side coached by Jose Mourinho.

Mertens and Koulibaly have both been on the decline for a few seasons now. Insigne's ouput will be a miss and something they'll hope Kvaratskhelia can make up the numbers next season. But that Napoli team is still good (and they have a great coach), Kim Min-Jae will be a rock in that league, Di Lorenzo seems to go from strengh to strength each season, Fabian Ruiz is one of the best midfielders in Europe and I think Osimhen is going to get 20+ league goals this season too.

Rumours are that Fabian Ruiz is off though but until then, I'll continue to praise his abilities and those have been in a Napoli shirt.

Inter, AC and Juventus will likely make up the top three next season. But I don't think any of the other teams are on Napoli's level. Not Lazio, Atalanta and certainly not a Roma side coached by Jose Mourinho.
The Napoli fan I know (very rare to have Napoli fans here in Albania), is very excited about the georgian kid, but he was the same about Lozano back in the day and he didn't live up to expectations. Fabian Ruiz is as good as gone, which is why they want Ndombele, but Anguissa is a machine and he'll only get better with time. Rrahmani has grown into the CB role and keeps getting better over time, however not having Koulibaly there will hurt him, since they understood each-other so well. If Kim Min-Jae can be anywhere near as good as Koulibaly was, then they won't feel that big of a difference.

To be fair, if any team doesn't make top 4 out of the ones I listed, that's Juve, and even that is a bit of a stretch (not to mention in the Pirlo year Napoli had a very shady draw with Verona in the last game of the season, when with a win they could've sent Juve into the Europa League, and the same goes for 2018 when Napoli beat Juve in Turin and they somehow lost to a shit Fiorentina side afterwards, gifting the title to Juve in the process.)

Said it before but IMO Reggie does not take football seriously.
The other guys could desire the WC but does he?

From Cartilage Free Captain Blog:

Tottenham’s Lo Celso deal is a loan to buy... and it screws PSG

From the 'update' in above article:

I see in your link what Mou said about the deal. It's been reported as different elsewhere is all. I suppose I would trust Mou to state the specifics correctly, but then again maybe not.

That's incorrect. We did..... Otherwise the whole fee dodge/PSG aspect wouldn't have worked as designed.

........It would have just essentially been a staggered payment; all of which PSG would have been able to apply their sell-on clause against.
Ok, I guess when you pay £12m for a season long loan and his first season isn’t a complete shocker, and your coach says players generally need more than one season to adjust, cancelling was never going to happen.

From Cartilage Free Captain Blog:

Tottenham’s Lo Celso deal is a loan to buy... and it screws PSG

From the 'update' in above article:

I see in your link what Mou said about the deal. It's been reported as different elsewhere is all. I suppose I would trust Mou to state the specifics correctly, but then again maybe not.

If these are the terms then it WAS an obligation as we finished 4th and 6th respectively which would have activated the purchase as we qualified for CL!

Back
Top Bottom