Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

nCTlqfsoTo4Cdb7Nvv_RNwS3Wz1rC-kErSdywP8UFPk.jpg
That’s a great image.

We are never going to have a eleven with 11 top players. Dier isn’t world class or a fantastic player but he’s pretty good on this system. There’s literally no reason to drop him. Him and Romero plus another guy is the back 3. Andersen is good but I don’t think he would be that better than dier here. Andersen is a better passer but Eric the best defender.
I like Dier but Andersen is a better defender, he has better anticipation and is very hard to dribble past. The problem we have trying to sign him is Palace would want 50-70 million for him. He is also a non hg player which would cause us problems at the moment. If we sell Sanchez this could all change.

The fact is we could see it against Chelsea Dier and Davies are not good enough if we need to convert to a back 4 we need an improvement on one of them.

I agree.

But the upside is that Gil is clearly showing enough in training for Conte to keep him involved (both match day squads) and to consider including him in our final PL & CL squads if we can't get one of our primary targets such as Zaniolo.

Or more likely it means we aren’t brining another attacker in. Maybe we’ll change our tune later in the window. If that report is correct of course.

I have a feeling we’ll bring another player in though.

I like Dier but Andersen is a better defender, he has better anticipation and is very hard to dribble past. The problem we have trying to sign him is Palace would want 50-70 million for him. He is also a non hg player which would cause us problems at the moment. If we sell Sanchez this could all change.

The fact is we could see it against Chelsea Dier and Davies are not good enough if we need to convert to a back 4 we need an improvement on one of them.
:skippwtf2:

they will never ever buy him for 30M

Well...
Then again... we did decide to buy totally uncapable footballer that is Lo Celso... AFTER he had been at the club for a while, basically on a trial.

So I get what you mean, and I don't think it would be likely either.
But best we can hope is that that fat piece of shit would be willing to move around a bit during first half of the season, and ball would happen to fall on his foot number of times to score goals and then club might be stupid enough to actually make deal permanent after like half of the season.

Sure as hell, he would not be able to fake being actual footballer for the whole season.

Well...
Then again... we did decide to buy totally uncapable footballer that is Lo Celso... AFTER he had been at the club for a while, basically on a trial.

So I get what you mean, and I don't think it would be likely either.
But best we can hope is that that fat piece of shit would be willing to move around a bit during first half of the season, and ball would happen to fall on his foot number of times to score goals and then club might be stupid enough to actually make deal permanent after like half of the season.

Sure as hell, he would not be able to fake being actual footballer for the whole season.
if the option to buy was lowest, yes. but 30M come on man.
17-18M as option to buy and 2-3M for the loan would have been a realistic deal

I consider the 30m buy option for Ndombele to be us protecting an asset into which we've sunk a lot of cash.

If he has a rubbish season, it's irrevelant.

If he has a decent season and Napoli want to buy, we can always accept a lower price.

If, by some miracle, Ndombele finally gets his act together & rediscovers the form that made Poch desperate to sign him, then Napoli have to pay 30m.

Sensible business.

Regarding Ndombele, by saying he's valued at £30m, it gives Spurs a hand to play in any negotiations after this season. Pretty clear they don't actually expect to get £30m, it's just to start the bidding as high as possible.

So, we’ll get a million and see him in 12 months.

Absolutely zero chance they shell out that sort of money for him.
I think what matters most is how well he plays, if he has a great season, someone will buy him for 30m even if Napoli doesn't. If he's still playing shit no one will buy him even for 10m.

Back
Top Bottom