Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly, signings like this make me a little sick - yeah, from what I’ve read this guy is boss for PL2 and country, seems to have truly elite physical traits, even started and played well in the Championship last week. I’ve read Van Dijk, Varane, Rio Ferdinand comparisons. And from an Woolwich fan, I’ve read “Saliba” comparisons which means this lad is the second coming :roflmao:

On the other hand, he’s a Blackburn boy born and raised, he’s actually starting matches for them and seems to be loved by the fans. And we’re just poaching him to come play PL2 and some cup matches because his hometown club can’t afford the wages we can. In another life he grows up there, starts 80+ matches, gets his own song, makes his old man proud in front of his boyhood fans. But now he’ll be shunted on loan until he’s 21.

Feels wrong in a way, but I suppose that’s just the way the game is.
I had the same conversation with a mate who’s a massive rovers supporter.

Apparently his heads been turned and he’s not fully focused on the club anymore. Which as you mentioned is a shame, especially seeing as he’s a local lad, who’s now getting first team minutes.
I personally think that form a development point of view he’d be way better off staying at rovers for another year. With us he’ll most likely get lumped into the u19 squad, and then we’ll be looking at championship loans for him until he’s deemed good enough to be on the bench for a bit.

One thing I did find quite amusing is that apparently he’s not allowed to wear their first team kit as it’s got a vaping company on it and he’s still underaged.

TPoch left 3 years ago. He had his faults not loaning young players but the age group that seems to be struggling now the 18 to 21 where we only really seem to have Scarlett,Devine and Parrott (the latter 2 purchased) cant really be laid at his door.

We're seeing a lot leave before they get up to the seniors..... Both then AND now. I wonder how many lost faith in the pathway since Timmy's time here...... My gut is telling me many of them

Blame that plague Hitchen, useless fuck

Noni, Edwards, KWP, all here though. The structure turned progressively rotten from 2016-2022.

We just lost two England youths this summer. If those three had been given Crown Jewels treatment, now in squad, others would have seen a pathway, that Spurs value youth development etc.

Not just the lack of activity and shit signings for the first team, the thick oaf bungled routine extensions for players Edwards and Madueke etc etc
Madueke turned down Spurs' extension offer and turned down offers from other EPL clubs as well.
Edwards simply isn't good enough. He's 23 now and has done "decently" at Sporting but that's all.

BRFC got beat 3-0 and Phillips was subbed off. Just saying.. :cool:
Blackburn where poor but he nearly scored actually and probably should if had a Penalty.
None of the goals down to him.
Was funny as I take it because of he's age he didn't have the sponsor on the front of he's shirt.

Would rather see him elsewhere besides Valencia where he can develop his shooting more- imo he wasn't a central enough focus of their offense last season and didn't get enough shooting opportunities. Even a lower profile club would be better for his development I think. Also, I'm not sold on the coaching of Gattuso whatsoever. I also feel like Italy (for some reason) would be way better for him than Spain.

Would rather see him elsewhere besides Valencia where he can develop his shooting more- imo he wasn't a central enough focus of their offense last season and didn't get enough shooting opportunities. Even a lower profile club would be better for his development I think. Also, I'm not sold on the coaching of Gattuso whatsoever. I also feel like Italy (for some reason) would be way better for him than Spain.

My dream loans for Gil: Atalanta, Udinese, Sampdoria, Parma- somewhere in that range where an old italian father figure will teach him how to play chess patiently but also how to kill with only two strokes of a sword (yes- Conte- but obviously also where he can start almost every game). If Gil can become a bit more cunning and decisive (like Kulu is) he could become a hell of player.

My dream loans for Gil: Atalanta, Udinese, Sampdoria, Parma- somewhere in that range where an old italian father figure will teach him how to play chess patiently but also how to kill with only two strokes of a sword (yes- Conte- but obviously also where he can start almost every game). If Gil can become a bit more cunning and decisive (like Kulu is) he could become a hell of player.
hasnt conte blocked a loan for gil going off what hes seen in training? in early cup games against inferior sides, or chams games that if we get the luxury of having dead ones late in the group, sons going to be rested for gil and kane for rich.

gil is needed now berg has gone. ive got big faith in him, you can see hes got the touch that you just cant teach. his work rate is ridiculous too which is massive in this country now.

hasnt conte blocked a loan for gil going off what hes seen in training? in early cup games against inferior sides, or chams games that if we get the luxury of having dead ones late in the group, sons going to be rested for gil and kane for rich.

gil is needed now berg has gone. ive got big faith in him, you can see hes got the touch that you just cant teach. his work rate is ridiculous too which is massive in this country now.

If the Malinovsky rumor is just that, I guess yea we still would have a need for Gil. I agree with you that he has a lot of talent. I wouldn't mind him sticking around, as long as he can a loan 2nd half of the season and get gametime week-in, week-out.

Not that they would sell to us but I wouldn’t mind seeing Pulisic at spurs.

We missed that boat a long time ago. Right around the time we bought Ndombele and GLC...

McKennie would be a great CM for Contes 2 CM system, so there might be a chance we'll see an American again for Spurs.

I also think Gil has real talent, and he seems to have impressed Conte in pre-season training.

If we don't sign a Zaniolo or Malinovskiy, I think we'll keep him in the squad. But if we do buy another AM, I'm pretty sure we'll loan him out.

I hope it's a pure loan too, with no option or obligation to buy, so he is still our player at the end of the season.

I also think Gil has real talent, and he seems to have impressed Conte in pre-season training.

If we don't sign a Zaniolo or Malinovskiy, I think we'll keep him in the squad. But if we do buy another AM, I'm pretty sure we'll loan him out.

I hope it's a pure loan too, with no option or obligation to buy, so he is still our player at the end of the season.
hes got the potential to be fucking ridiculous. he needs to be nurtured right though. david silva with a sprinkle of pace lol

Back
Top Bottom