Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Malinovski feels like very uninspiring option for me.

- already 28; so not likely to improve from his level
- non HG, so puts the squad situation under pressure in that regard
- sorry, but Russian and Ukrainian players track record in EPL is shocking
- doubt he would be much of an upgrade on Moura

But then again - Conte and Paratici know their way around Italian league and their players as we've seen with Romero, Kulusevski and Bentancur. So if they decide it would be good idea to go for him, then so be it.

I would personally prefer someone who can play in midfield and provide some sharp passing from there.
he has already reached his best at atalanta with gasperini and can't improve more than that.
but I think he could be mildly better than moura tbh

Another one not picked up by the ITKs!

Knew it would happen again. Itk is dead. Anyone purporting to be nowadays with consistent news on every transfer is 100% a bullshitter. They haven’t got a single one right all window, just like in January and just like last summer. It’s done apart from the odd random bit where there’s a chance meeting with a player etc.

Please, not this again.

Of course they knew! But you really can't expect then to jeopardize their sources, now can you?

CAN YOU?!

This will kick some more life into the Ruslan Malinovskyi rumor :D

Ruslan Malinovskyi's wife follows Conte on IG ahead of potential Tottenham move

Premier League transfer news; Tottenham Hotspur and Nottingham Forest want Ruslan Malinovskyi of Serie A outfit Atalanta.
www.hitc.com

The wife of Atalanta and Serie A star Ruslan Malinovskyi has started following Antonio Conte on Instagram amid reports suggesting a move to Premier League giants Tottenham Hotspur is on the cards, via Sport Ukraine.

Now, you might roll your eyes but hear us out.

It certainly doesn’t feel coincidental; Malinovskyi’s partner clicking the follow button on Antonio Conte’s IG profile shortly after reports emerged in Italy suggesting that the Ukraine international could be on his way to North London. This would not be the first time a player’s social media activity – or, in this case, his wife’s – have offered a timely peak behind the curtain as transfer talks progress.

Роксана Маліновська діє на випередження ⋆ Футбол на Sport.ua
sport.ua
sport.ua

Англія
17 Серпня 2022, 07:56|Оновлено17 Серпня 2022, 14:22

Перейде до Тоттенхема? Дружина Маліновського підписалася на Конте​

Роксана Маліновська діє на випередження​

Перейде до Тоттенхема? Дружина Маліновського підписалася на Конте

Instagram. Роксана Маліновська
Роксана Маліновська, дружина українського футболіста Руслана Маліновського, який виступає за італійську «Аталанту», підписалася на головного тренера «Тоттенхема» Антоніо Конте в Instagram.
38230.jpg

Виглядає досить цікаво, тим більше, враховуючи чутки про перехід українця до складу «шпор».
Зазначимо, що раніше з'явилася інформація про інтерес «Тоттенхема» до Руслана. Щоправда, англійський клуб хоче орендувати гравця, а «Аталанта» наполягає на повноцінному трансфері.
Нагадаємо, що українським футболістом також цікавиться і новачок АПЛ «Ноттінгем Форест».
Руслан Маліновський вже провів перший матч сезону в Серії А, де відзначився гольовою передачею.

Last edited:
Malinovski feels like very uninspiring option for me.

- already 28; so not likely to improve from his level
- non HG, so puts the squad situation under pressure in that regard
- sorry, but Russian and Ukrainian players track record in EPL is shocking
- doubt he would be much of an upgrade on Moura

But then again - Conte and Paratici know their way around Italian league and their players as we've seen with Romero, Kulusevski and Bentancur. So if they decide it would be good idea to go for him, then so be it.

I would personally prefer someone who can play in midfield and provide some sharp passing from there.

Ndombele and Lo Celso and Reg leaving gives us 3 foreign players leaving, seem we are after a young English CB from Blackburn also so foreign player space won't be an issue it seems

Honestly, signings like this make me a little sick - yeah, from what I’ve read this guy is boss for PL2 and country, seems to have truly elite physical traits, even started and played well in the Championship last week. I’ve read Van Dijk, Varane, Rio Ferdinand comparisons. And from an Woolwich fan, I’ve read “Saliba” comparisons which means this lad is the second coming :roflmao:

On the other hand, he’s a Blackburn boy born and raised, he’s actually starting matches for them and seems to be loved by the fans. And we’re just poaching him to come play PL2 and some cup matches because his hometown club can’t afford the wages we can. In another life he grows up there, starts 80+ matches, gets his own song, makes his old man proud in front of his boyhood fans. But now he’ll be shunted on loan until he’s 21.

Feels wrong in a way, but I suppose that’s just the way the game is.

Club get a big fee and Blackburn are favs for promotion and I'd imagine he will be loaned back for the season.

If they come up loan him back again good business from us if that happens

From Rovers forum on Ashley

What stands out for me is that so far Ash has not been prone to the reckless challenge which is so common with centre half's. Quite remarkable for such a young player.

Big blow to lose Phillips. No point playing him from now on.
Maybe should look into loaning him back for the rest of the season, he's not going to see more than the bench at Spurs for a while.

Can we all remember, if any of us got a job off with a huge pay increase we would be off. Philips is a young man who can set himself up for life. He is a serious injury away from nothing. All we can do as a club is force as much money from levy as possible. As an aside I have always hated spurs and this won’t help. Them and that dump westham. Obviously Burnley but let’s not go there! Breathe…….

The Spurs contract that Phillips is being offered is enough to set his family up for life and there’s a bit of pressure on him to do that. Plus, I assume he believes he’s good enough to break through at any club.

Another club that hates us!

Fuck off back to irrelevance, that's Blackburn not you Goaty.

I don’t think it leaves 3 spaces. We were already tight on foreign spots when you factor in Sarr, Gil, Bissouma, Perisic, Lenglet, and Richarlison were the additions this season. To Dare Is To Do. To Dare Is To Do. is usually on top of this.

Gil will likely leave on loan/transfer it seems.

So if we account him into it and Gollini who left that's, Reg, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Gollini, Gil out the door on loan/transfers.

To be replaced by Perisic, Lenglet, Bissouma, Rich, and possibly Ruslan.

So 1 for 1 so far seems to be the idea

Sarr might also leave it seems on loan I believe so maybe even another space there, but if he doesn't no biggie

SAINTS have confirmed the capture of promising youngster Sam Amo-Ameyaw following his departure from Tottenham Hotspur.

Reports earlier this summer revealed that the winger had turned down Spurs’ offer of a scholarship, with both Manchester United and Manchester City both believed to have made offers to the highly rated player.

16-year-old Amo-Ameyaw, a winger by trade, played 10 times for Spurs’ under-18s group last term as a 15-year-old, highlighting the belief in his potential.

His talent has also been recognised on the international level, as he has also previously represented England at both under-16 and under-17 level.
Reflecting on his reasoning for joining Saints, Amo-Ameyaw told the club’s website: “In the past if you look at Southampton you see a lot of young players progressing through to the first-team.
“I thought it’s a very good platform for me to progress through and hopefully I’ll be able to do just that at Southampton.
“I’m a good dribbler, I like to receive one-twos off others and get in the box and score. My aim is to get into the first-team as quick as possible, but first I’ve got to do well with the 18s and progress through to that next level.”

Head of Youth Recruitment, Dan Rice added: “We are extremely excited and pleased to have signed Sam. He’s a player that was highly sought after and is regarded as one of the most talented players in his age group at this time.
“Sam is a dynamic attacking player with the ability to play off either wing. He’s a tricky and exciting player who possesses a high level of technique and skill which allows him to excel in one-v-one situations.”
A message from the Editor
Thank you for reading this article - we appreciate your support in reading the Daily Echo.
Subscribing to the Echo means you have unrestricted access to the latest news, features and Saints coverage - all with an advertising-light website.
You will also have full access to Saintsplus, your new home for Southampton FC tactical analysis, features and much, much more.

Ash Phillips close to Blackburn Rovers contract despite Tottenham interest

Ash Phillips contract latest as Tottenham Hotspur target Blackburn Rovers breakthrough star​

Exclusive: The 17-year-old defender could be set to sign his first professional deal with Blackburn Rovers despite interest from the Premier League.

Ash Phillips could sign his first contract with Blackburn Rovers in the next week despite reports that he is close to joining Tottenham Hotspur.

The 17-year-old made his debut for Rovers against Hartlepool United last Wednesday and followed that up with his first Championship start against West Brom at the weekend. The defender is out of contract at Ewood Park at the end of the season and is yet to sign the pro contract that has been offered to him.

After watching the pathetic finishing in that video, I would want to move to a team where Son and Kane are going finish those chances

Anyone could find a similar amount of chances missed by both Kane and Son and make a five minute video, and by the way Kane missed a sitter on Sunday.

A five minute video counts for fuck all and we wouldn't be signing him for his goal scoring ability anyway.

We'll be loaning him back to Blackburn if we get him?
Phillips is 17. So there's a decision to be made, as 3 years at Spurs prior to the age of 21 would make him Club HG, which is the most valuable category of player for any team.

For me, it then becomes a balance between how much he would develop in, say, a Championship loan as opposed to staying at Spurs and learning from Conte & our defensive coaches.

At his age, spending at least the first half season at Spurs, training with the first team, could be really important in instilling good defensive habits and also getting him settled at the club. Then Conte & Paratici could make a decision in the January window based on his progress.

Another one not picked up by the ITKs!

Knew it would happen again. Itk is dead. Anyone purporting to be nowadays with consistent news on every transfer is 100% a bullshitter. They haven’t got a single one right all window, just like in January and just like last summer. It’s done apart from the odd random bit where there’s a chance meeting with a player etc.

Hercs and Trix will be all in on announcing that they were aware of this, but couldn't say anything earlier in case it jeopardized the deal...

:lucasl:

SAINTS have confirmed the capture of promising youngster Sam Amo-Ameyaw following his departure from Tottenham Hotspur.

Reports earlier this summer revealed that the winger had turned down Spurs’ offer of a scholarship, with both Manchester United and Manchester City both believed to have made offers to the highly rated player.

16-year-old Amo-Ameyaw, a winger by trade, played 10 times for Spurs’ under-18s group last term as a 15-year-old, highlighting the belief in his potential.

His talent has also been recognised on the international level, as he has also previously represented England at both under-16 and under-17 level.
Reflecting on his reasoning for joining Saints, Amo-Ameyaw told the club’s website: “In the past if you look at Southampton you see a lot of young players progressing through to the first-team.
“I thought it’s a very good platform for me to progress through and hopefully I’ll be able to do just that at Southampton.
“I’m a good dribbler, I like to receive one-twos off others and get in the box and score. My aim is to get into the first-team as quick as possible, but first I’ve got to do well with the 18s and progress through to that next level.”

Head of Youth Recruitment, Dan Rice added: “We are extremely excited and pleased to have signed Sam. He’s a player that was highly sought after and is regarded as one of the most talented players in his age group at this time.
“Sam is a dynamic attacking player with the ability to play off either wing. He’s a tricky and exciting player who possesses a high level of technique and skill which allows him to excel in one-v-one situations.”
A message from the Editor
Thank you for reading this article - we appreciate your support in reading the Daily Echo.
Subscribing to the Echo means you have unrestricted access to the latest news, features and Saints coverage - all with an advertising-light website.
You will also have full access to Saintsplus, your new home for Southampton FC tactical analysis, features and much, much more.
I was only thinking to myself this morning that it might be worth our while selling Alfie Devine to Brighton or Southampton for 500k on the condition that we have a buyback for 10m or so. Most of these young players are better off away from top 6 clubs unless they're really exceptional, more and more of them refuse to sign extensions and I fear we might be heading that way with Devine.

Back
Top Bottom