Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Teams playing against those top teams are more likely to park the bus so it's harder to get chances (due to the tight markings).
And what is considered "chances" in those stats anyway?

It's assists and key passes

Not sure what that's meant to mean (Payet/Maddison don't play that much against deep blocks) but anyway Kane and Son rank pretty high in that list and we've come up against teams who have parked plenty of times as well? At the end of the day they're both just very good players who are able to provide quality at the top end of the pitch which means he's in good company.

Last edited:

In a recent report, Defensa Central mentioned that Real Madrid are hoping to land Tottenham Hotspur star Harry Kane on a free transfer next summer. It has been mentioned that Los Blancos are eyeing a move for the England international on a Bosman deal when his contract with Spurs runs out at the end of this campaign.

In a recent report, Defensa Central mentioned that Real Madrid are hoping to land Tottenham Hotspur star Harry Kane on a free transfer next summer. It has been mentioned that Los Blancos are eyeing a move for the England international on a Bosman deal when his contract with Spurs runs out at the end of this campaign.

Good luck with that one because his contract doesn't run out until 2024 :D

I suspect our new set pieces coach would be very happy to welcome Malinovskyi to the famous Spurs. Perisic's corner for Kane's equalizer was great, but we all know set piece delivery has been a huge problem for years.

Perhaps, when post-match Conte was doubtless lambasting him about the marking for the Koulibaly goal, Gianni Vio promised to sort it and then, as a quid pro quo, whispered "get me Malinovskyi" in Conte's ear.

I suspect our new set pieces coach would be very happy to welcome Malinovskyi to the famous Spurs. Perisic's corner for Kane's equalizer was great, but we all know set piece delivery has been a huge problem for years.

Perhaps, when post-match Conte was doubtless lambasting him about the marking for the Koulibaly goal, Gianni Vio promised to sort it and then, as a quid pro quo, whispered "get me Malinovskyi" in Conte's ear.
Perisic obviously whips in a good ball, but the biggest issue with him taking corners is that he's probably the best player we have at attacking them with his head.

Perisic obviously whips in a good ball, but the biggest issue with him taking corners is that he's probably the best player we have at attacking them with his head.
That's probably true. I believe that he is the best player at Spurs with headers cause he has great heights at vertical jump. In Croatia he was known as a very good beach volleyball player in summer during his off time of football in his younger days.

Malinovski feels like very uninspiring option for me.

- already 28; so not likely to improve from his level
- non HG, so puts the squad situation under pressure in that regard
- sorry, but Russian and Ukrainian players track record in EPL is shocking
- doubt he would be much of an upgrade on Moura

But then again - Conte and Paratici know their way around Italian league and their players as we've seen with Romero, Kulusevski and Bentancur. So if they decide it would be good idea to go for him, then so be it.

I would personally prefer someone who can play in midfield and provide some sharp passing from there.

Malinovski feels like very uninspiring option for me.

- already 28; so not likely to improve from his level
- non HG, so puts the squad situation under pressure in that regard
- sorry, but Russian and Ukrainian players track record in EPL is shocking
- doubt he would be much of an upgrade on Moura

But then again - Conte and Paratici know their way around Italian league and their players as we've seen with Romero, Kulusevski and Bentancur. So if they decide it would be good idea to go for him, then so be it.

I would personally prefer someone who can play in midfield and provide some sharp passing from there.
Fuck off

Another one not picked up by the ITKs!

Knew it would happen again. Itk is dead. Anyone purporting to be nowadays with consistent news on every transfer is 100% a bullshitter. They haven’t got a single one right all window, just like in January and just like last summer. It’s done apart from the odd random bit where there’s a chance meeting with a player etc.

Back
Top Bottom