Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm neutral on Lucas. I can see plusses for keeping and/or selling him.

I can't see Conte selling Moura this window having brought in Richarlison, although Moura may get less minutes (unless we have an injury crisis) especially if Malinovskiy joins. Bringing in a 3rd new forward in one window is just going to increase instability in squad

Moura has said he wants to stay and run down his contract, so would not be easy to move on. Besides which if Parrott is good enough to come into the squad in 23/24 Moura leaves a ready made place for him - and we continue to rebuild our HG numbers.

So overall I can't see any really positive reason to move Moura on this window - nor can I see a big upgrade immediately available (and Traore is not a big upgrade)

I can't see Conte selling Moura this window having brought in Richarlison, although Moura may get less minutes (unless we have an injury crisis) especially if Malinovskiy joins. Bringing in a 3rd new forward in one window is just going to increase instability in squad

Moura has said he wants to stay and run down his contract, so would not be easy to move on. Besides which if Parrott is good enough to come into the squad in 23/24 Moura leaves a ready made place for him - and we continue to rebuild our HG numbers.

So overall I can't see any really positive reason to move Moura on this window - nor can I see a big upgrade immediately available (and Traore is not a big upgrade)

If anything, this sets us up to loan out Gil and would move Lucas back to 6th attacker- perfect for a vet in the final year of their contract who has previously stated on multiple occasions his intention to run down his contract and leave on a free.

Its also a win now type move that would give us attacking depth on par with Pool, City and Chelsea, as well as any CL rivals we come across. That's pretty cool.

I haven't seen him play but he's 29, been loaned out to some naff clubs before moving to Genk and Atalanta.It would be no more than a stopgap signing.

Like say, Leyton Orient, Millwall, and Norwich?

Going out on loan doesn't mean a player is piss poor. Could be a lo to do with the current manager and what he thinks, his tactics and system.

That Twitter account has 8k followers only

I'm guessing that tweet is the sole reason that people think we are signing this fella?

Twitter account covering Atatlanta is the origin of the story I think

Worth seeing which reputable media report the rumour over the next few days, but he's an interesting player which fits Conte's reported liking for older players (such as Perisic), although we haven't seen many of them

Last edited:
Like many others, I’ve seldom seen Malinovski play, perhaps only in Atalanta’s CL matches agains English opposition.

From the videos of him and from more informed posters views of him here, I think he could be a very smart signing.
I’d imagine Conte and Paratici invision him as a guy they can have on the bench to bring on in tight games to come in and try and grab a winner with one of those scandalous left footed pile drivers.

Considering he’d likely cost only 15-20 million I think he’d be a much smarter signing than say, Maddison, who’d cost 3 times that.

It's been a bad Summer for those dweebs.

They have not called a *single* transfer. Not one.
Of course, any mention of this, as well as any expression of opinion other than “I trust Conte and Paratici, let’s buy him” results in a Ban over there. Speaking for a friend.

I feel sort of bad for ol’ Trix&Herc. Yeah, their info is third rate at best, but it’s not their fault that they have mods who suck them off daily and sycophants who take their word as gospel, ya know? There’s been rumours that the leaks have been heavily plugged since Paratici and it’s clear their information is now near useless. I mean, it always was, but they’re not even close to in the know since Conte was appointed.

There is mass suspension of disbelief over this fact over there, despite all the obvious evidence of their inaccuracies.

Based on nothing but the past few pages of this thread… sign me up. The stats look great, the video looks great, if Conte has a plan for him…I’m all in. Looks like a quality signing.

Regarding bringing in players at/near/over 30… we have a short window to win with Kane, Son, Lloris, and Conte… we absolutely should be bringing anyone who can help us win something now. I hope we can somehow bring in another upgrade at CB, if not this window, then January.

Back
Top Bottom