Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s got Varane like physical traits, if he’s the kid I recall.

England youth regular, etc.

Blackburn has started brightly, so suspect another loan for season.

I do really like these signings, seems like we've massively amended our scouting network and we're going for players early other clubs would normally pick up.

What position does Ashley Phillips play?

Phillips plays as a centre-back.

How good is Ashley Phillips?​

Phillips' physical attributes make him a perfect candidate to make it as a Premier League centre-back.

He is 6ft 4in so can handle himself in the air, but also has a tremendous turn of pace which allows him to keep up with quick attackers.

His blend of pace, power and height has earned him comparisons with Virgil van Dijk.

Blackburn boss Tony Mowbray outlined his talents to Lancs Live:

"He's 6ft 4', he's fast, mobile and can pass it really well. He can use both feet, he's composed.

"Ash is just a phenomenal young boy; if you were to create a defender in the mould of how you would want one, this kid has got every attribute.

"But he is still just a young boy. He needs time, which is why he's training with the first-team so that he gets confident and used to the level of intensity.

"He's an exciting prospect, is all I'd say. But it's in a position where there is a lot of responsibility.

"It's not as easy to put a really talented young defender in as opposed to a talented young striker where it doesn't matter if he loses the ball every now and then.

"As a defender, you're judged on keeping the ball out of the net and winning your individual duels.

"He is just a boy but he's got some amazing attributes. We've got high hopes that he can progress quickly."

What clubs are interested in Ashley Phillips?​

Manchester United and Chelsea are leading the race for his signature currently, but the Sun reports that it would take a "fortune" to sign the player anytime soon as he is under contract with Blackburn despite being just 16.

Everton and Tottenham are also keeping tabs on Phillips.

How old is Ashley Phillips?​

Phillips was born on 16 June 2005. He is 16.

What is Ashley Phillips’ height?​

Phillips is 6 ft 4in.

When does Ashley Phillips’ contract expire?​

Phillips has a contract with Blackburn until 2023.

Another one not picked up by the ITKs!

Knew it would happen again. Itk is dead. Anyone purporting to be nowadays with consistent news on every transfer is 100% a bullshitter. They haven’t got a single one right all window, just like in January and just like last summer. It’s done apart from the odd random bit where there’s a chance meeting with a player etc.

I dont think they claim to hear/know everything, well at least the decent ones dont. Usually from just their small side of the pond, Agent talk, Real Estate, Finance etc etc

Anyone seen this kid play at all and give a light description?

Honestly, signings like this make me a little sick - yeah, from what I’ve read this guy is boss for PL2 and country, seems to have truly elite physical traits, even started and played well in the Championship last week. I’ve read Van Dijk, Varane, Rio Ferdinand comparisons. And from an Woolwich fan, I’ve read “Saliba” comparisons which means this lad is the second coming :roflmao:

On the other hand, he’s a Blackburn boy born and raised, he’s actually starting matches for them and seems to be loved by the fans. And we’re just poaching him to come play PL2 and some cup matches because his hometown club can’t afford the wages we can. In another life he grows up there, starts 80+ matches, gets his own song, makes his old man proud in front of his boyhood fans. But now he’ll be shunted on loan until he’s 21.

Feels wrong in a way, but I suppose that’s just the way the game is.

Malinovski feels like very uninspiring option for me.

- already 28; so not likely to improve from his level
- non HG, so puts the squad situation under pressure in that regard
- sorry, but Russian and Ukrainian players track record in EPL is shocking
- doubt he would be much of an upgrade on Moura

But then again - Conte and Paratici know their way around Italian league and their players as we've seen with Romero, Kulusevski and Bentancur. So if they decide it would be good idea to go for him, then so be it.

I would personally prefer someone who can play in midfield and provide some sharp passing from there.
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

From Rovers forum on Ashley

What stands out for me is that so far Ash has not been prone to the reckless challenge which is so common with centre half's. Quite remarkable for such a young player.

Big blow to lose Phillips. No point playing him from now on.
Maybe should look into loaning him back for the rest of the season, he's not going to see more than the bench at Spurs for a while.

Can we all remember, if any of us got a job off with a huge pay increase we would be off. Philips is a young man who can set himself up for life. He is a serious injury away from nothing. All we can do as a club is force as much money from levy as possible. As an aside I have always hated spurs and this won’t help. Them and that dump westham. Obviously Burnley but let’s not go there! Breathe…….

The Spurs contract that Phillips is being offered is enough to set his family up for life and there’s a bit of pressure on him to do that. Plus, I assume he believes he’s good enough to break through at any club.

Malinovski feels like very uninspiring option for me.

- already 28; so not likely to improve from his level
- non HG, so puts the squad situation under pressure in that regard
- sorry, but Russian and Ukrainian players track record in EPL is shocking
- doubt he would be much of an upgrade on Moura

But then again - Conte and Paratici know their way around Italian league and their players as we've seen with Romero, Kulusevski and Bentancur. So if they decide it would be good idea to go for him, then so be it.

I would personally prefer someone who can play in midfield and provide some sharp passing from there.

Thanks for popping in Jeff

I love this.

Within 24 hours of the Ruslan rumours starting out of nowhere, dumb & dumber rush to the scene with their immense, made-up knowledge :contelol:

First Trix, now Hercules:
Interest, but nowhere near as things stand. Similar proposals elsewhere. Not killing it, but not the way it is being reported.

I love this.

Within 24 hours of the Ruslan rumours starting out of nowhere, dumb & dumber rush to the scene with their immense, made-up knowledge :contelol:

First Trix, now Hercules:
How hilarious that they have now become the reactionary types who never give info unless the mighty Tutto Atalanta and other media reports it first. Lots of courage to write such a strong post Herc lol.

They now exhibit the exact same BS “react to media” behavior that SC mods say makes other ITK bullshitters lol. Haven’t called a single thing before the media has this year. Of course A&C wouldn’t dare criticize them as he needs to whore them out for money.

Back
Top Bottom