Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The lads who were saying we should no way pay mad money for Gravidol well is anyone a bit concerned how easily him and the vaunted Nkuku were dispatched by Rangers...an SPL side. I think I'd rather one of Inter CB Bastoni ideally
Haven't seen much of him, but I wouldn't use a defeat like that to rule out either player. Would you turn your nose up at a Kane or Son because we failed to make it out of a ECL group stage? Real Madrid lost at home to Sherriff with Benzema, Vinicius, Militao, Alaba on the field. Shit happens. Personally warming to the idea of Ndicka. 6 foot 4, goal threat from set pieces, good with the ball.. from what I've seen he offers a lot of what we're missing.

The lads who were saying we should no way pay mad money for Gravidol well is anyone a bit concerned how easily him and the vaunted Nkuku were dispatched by Rangers...an SPL side. I think I'd rather one of Inter CB Bastoni ideally
There's a huge gap between "can do", and "does regularly". Romero also has an insane highlight reel and big moments, but he pretty much turns up every week, is that the same with these RB Leipzig players?

That's when you need proper scouting. A handful of games doesn't rule him out, but it should make you wary of spunking away 60m or whatever.

Even for half that price, I'd have second thoughts about JWP. Not even Man Utd or Man City would be so stupid as to pay £75m for him

Man United and City target James Ward-Prowse is 'happy' at Southampton

Ralph Hasenhuttl insists £75m-rated Man United and City target James Ward-Prowse is 'happy' at struggling Southampton, as he plays down talk of his captain leaving this summer​

• Southampton captain James Ward-Prowse has four years left on his contract
  • The 27-year-old midfielder is one of the best free-kick takers in world football
  • Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl says Ward-Prowse is 'happy' at the club
  • The Austrian manager warned his club are not entirely safe from relegation yet
By MICHAEL RUDLING FOR MAILONLINE and PRESS ASSOCIATION

PUBLISHED: 16:19 BST, 5 May 2022 | UPDATED: 16:19 BST, 5 May 2022

Leicester City out of europe - and will not be in europe next season.

Interestingly they had an 85% wages to revenue ratio in their 2021 results - one of the highest going despite hat being one of their best going (so high revenues) - so without europe can they afford such a big squad without european revenue.

Leicester have a large squad, not necessarily stars but some good solid players who could upgrade our squad, and even a few first team players.

Do we think we might have conversations to see if they want to sell :

Youri Tielemans (age 24) - CM, one year left on contract so definitely off this summer. £30m ?
James Justin (age 24) - RWB/LWB, In line for their club's PoS last season before an ACL, but back playing for 3 months. Wold help our HG position and free up an overseas trained place if we sold Royal

etc.

I've not seen much of him at I can't stand Scottish football but could Tavernier be an option at RWB?

He plays similar to Lavinier from what I've seen. I've actually seen Lavinier more.

Tavernier already aged 30, so not an obvious one unless almost free as no resale value ?

Do you see Lavinier as a contender as back up for RWB/LWB. HG so might be a spare squad place ?

Tavernier already aged 30, so not an obvious one unless almost free as no resale value ?

Do you see Lavinier as a contender as back up for RWB/LWB. HG so might be a spare squad place ?
I've got to say I would have Lavinier ahead of Emerson now.

Ergo I would have him ahead of Emerson next season.

Lavinier can also play left side too.

Emerson doesn't play anything other than RB.

Bore off Daniel.

He’s not going to cost 60M, I’m sure a deal for c.40M would close it. Perfect age, versatile and PL proven.

How are you enjoying watching your ‘value’ pick at RWB? Perhaps you could recommend a value based N’nobody from the French league with a 10% chance of having an impact

You're rambling, fool.

The issue isn't 40m.... It's about getting everything we need from whatever money that's in the kitty.

Your childish "pay whatever" attitude would likely lead to us falling short of our needs.

Cry all you like... Only 3 clubs in the world have blank chequebooks.

Nah... "Something something pay whatever"... It doesn't matter according to the clown gallery.

Last edited:

office-900x600.jpg

Tbf Angelino scored a great goal in 1st leg, and had a pinpoint assist in 2nd leg which Nkunku finished well.
But Gvardiol putting in a mediocre performance is very troubling... especially considering the crazy fee Leipzig have set for him.

I've not seen much of him at I can't stand Scottish football but could Tavernier be an option at RWB?

He plays similar to Lavinier from what I've seen. I've actually seen Lavinier more.

James Tavernier can’t be a worse option than Emerson at RWB

I know next to nothing about the lad, but his main position in Transfermarkt is right back.

Since joining Rangers he has played 343 games and within that time he has scored 81 and assisted 106 ?!?!?!?!

I would like Spurs to go for him just for shits and giggles.
Of course tempo and everything is different in Scotland and in EPL. But for fook sake, to have hand in 187 goals in 343 games from fullback/wingback position is just sick :D and quite frankly should not be allowed to start with :D .

Back
Top Bottom