Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see Isco is available this summer on a free. Himself and Eriksen are both 30. Wonder if one, or both of them, would be great additions to have as a super sub and a starter for the tricky games where the other team defends deep and we need to unlock the defence
Has Isco had any kind of impact recently? At least Eriksen has had meaningful games in the PL

I would be quite disappointed if Spence and Doherty are our 2 wing backs going into next season.

I also think that won't be the case.
I won’t be. We won’t get the very best in every position. But If we make big enough leaps in enough positions and only slight improvements in some it will be a great window. It’s already started of really well so head up!

I won’t be. We won’t get the very best in every position. But If we make big enough leaps in enough positions and only slight improvements in some it will be a great window. It’s already started of really well so head up!
but spence might not even be an improvement tbh. As I said, I'd be happy if he was signed as cover but if we are looking to only bring one RWB in then I would hope its someone else.

RWB is a vital position in a Conte system.

What's that now??
5u9m.gif

but spence might not even be an improvement tbh. As I said, I'd be happy if he was signed as cover but if we are looking to only bring one RWB in then I would hope its someone else.

RWB is a vital position in a Conte system.
I remember how both Max Aarons and Ryan Sessegnon impressed in the 2nd tier but they turned into "ordinary" players once they played in the EPL.
Of course, no one really knows if Spence has that extra that can turn him into a quality RWB (well, it's not even sure if he's joining Spurs).
However, as I and several others have already mentioned, there is a lack of available talent at RWB. I know many will bash me for this but I would suggest using Perisic and still get Spence (or even keep either Emerson or Doherty as understudy) as a RWB and get in either Raum or Angeliño at LWB.
Yes, I know, Perisic has played a LWB at Inter but it took him just a summer to adjust from being a forwards his whole (adult) footballing career to being a top-class LWB; so I don't he would have any problems in adjusting to life as RWB. He's right-footed and new to the club anyway.

I remember how both Max Aarons and Ryan Sessegnon impressed in the 2nd tier but they turned into "ordinary" players once they played in the EPL.
Of course, no one really knows if Spence has that extra that can turn him into a quality RWB (well, it's not even sure if he's joining Spurs).
However, as I and several others have already mentioned, there is a lack of available talent at RWB. I know many will bash me for this but I would suggest using Perisic and still get Spence (or even keep either Emerson or Doherty as understudy) as a RWB and get in either Raum or Angeliño at LWB.
Yes, I know, Perisic has played a LWB at Inter but it took him just a summer to adjust from being a forwards his whole (adult) footballing career to being a top-class LWB; so I don't he would have any problems in adjusting to life as RWB. He's right-footed and new to the club anyway.
Sess was far better than Aarons in the Premier, tough. Aarons is a pretty average player to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom