Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

“Heard today that we’ve made enquiries about someone very special! Won’t name who for obvious reasons but know that it’s someone we’ve had our eyes on for quite a while. Nothing confirmed yet.”

- H
Terrible. This is how it's done:

My sources tell me that the player we have all been talking about is really close. Of course, anything can happen, but if it comes through, it will be a huge boost and can have a domino effect on our other transfer targets. P is cooking on many fronts, so keep an eye out for a signing no one expected. I can't say any more right now, because the negotiations are very delicate [and me posting shit on a forum will really make any sort of fucking difference] but will confirm as soon as the deal is done [and everyone and their mother have already reported it]

He's here and he is perfect.

As an added bonus, doesn't matter if he is an absolute smash hit or a flop, the nickname Ivan the Terrible will still work perfectly either way.

Tottenham Hotspur manager Antonio Conte is an admirer of West Ham United’s Jarrod Bowen, according to insider Claret & Hugh.

The Athletic’s Jack Pitt-Brooke and Charlie Eccleshare reported at the weekend that Antonio Conte wanted to bolster his no. 9 options ahead of 2022/23.

While Bowen played the majority of his football – 35 games – on the right wing, David Moyes also fielded him as a centre-forward on ten occasions.

The Hammers insider states that Conte has added Bowen to his ‘wanted list’ for the summer transfer window. The Italian is a ‘big fan’ of the Englishman off the back of his exploits last season.

However, a West Ham source has claimed that ‘it is simply not going to happen’.

Rather than considering a sale, the Hammers are intent upon negotiating ‘an improved deal’ with the player.

He finished just outside the top ten in the Premier League’s scoring charts and wound up third behind Liverpool duo Mohamed Salah and Trent Alexander-Arnold in the assist rankings (via BBC Sport).

Only Salah (36), Son Heung-min (30), Harry Kane (26) and Kevin de Bruyne (22) recorded more goal involvements in the top-flight.

This form saw Bowen win West Ham’s Players’ Player of the Year award, scoop a Premier League Player of the Season nomination and earn his first England call-up.

His estimated Transfermarkt value, meanwhile, has climbed to a career-high £31.5million.

Spurs saw first-hand how good he could be back in December when he showcased ‘terrific feet’ and scored a ‘superb’ goal (in the words of Sky Sports’ lead commentator) in their 2-1 EFL Cup quarterfinal victory over the Irons.

The problem, ultimately, is that West Ham will steadfastly refuse to sell a star player to London rivals Spurs.

Bad mistake not to buy him from Hull - we were linked a lot at that time but didn't buy him despite a fee in the low 20's for an HG attacker when we were short of both HG players and attackers.

Bad mistake not to buy him from Hull - we were linked a lot at that time but didn't buy him despite a fee in the low 20's for an HG attacker when we were short of both HG players and attackers.
To be fair, loads of teams passed on him.

He pretty much issued a ‘come and get me’ plea and only Spam coughed up the money.

To be fair, loads of teams passed on him.

He pretty much issued a ‘come and get me’ plea and only Spam coughed up the money.

Regardless, still a mistake not to buy hiim.

Reasons not to buy included lack of speed (like Kulusevski), not enough to his game except scoring (look at his stats at Hull and now West Ham) ........

However his stats in PL are only just below Kane and Son this season

Three obtainable midfielders for the list:

Ibrahim Sangare (6) 24yo PSV
Kouadio Koné 21yo(6) BMG
Khéphren Thuram (8) 21yo Nice

All have a combo of physical/mobility/press resistance/football.

Sangare (6) is probably the best passer of the three, with a really good range, can use both feet too. Little bit error prone, but never hides.

Koné (6) defensive qualities good (pressing/tackling) passing more conservative than Sangare, but progresses the ball and can dribble through pressure

Thuram (more 8) not so great defensively (but does bring physicality) passing ok, but carries the ball forwards, more of a link from midfield to - and supporting - attack

Obviously Tchouameni would have been on the list, but that ship looks to have sailed to Madrid.

Edit
Bellingham would obviously be nice too, but equally unlikely.
Kouadio Koné would be my 1st choice among those first 3 you mentioned. I like the warrior spirit of Højbjerg but he lacks speed, so he rarely pose any danger running with the ball (although he's a good passer).
Sure, Tchouameni, would also be my 1st choice but Real M. has apparently offered €80+ add-ons.. And Bellingham is set for either Liverpool, Man City or Man Utd at £100+

Ivan Perišic first one in - and a very important signing too.

Forster should just be a matter of timing - as a free transfer from a club affiliated to The FA (as Spurs are) technically he could not be registered until on or after 1 June (tomorrow) .....

Onto the next one(s) please !

Back
Top Bottom