Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Perisic says farewell to Inter Milan​

Ivan Perisic has said his farewell to Inter Milan ahead of his move to Tottenham.
The 33-year-old, who can play as a wing-back and a forward, is set to sign a two-year contract and become one of Antonio Conte's first signings of the summer window.
He posted on Instagram: "After 254 games, 55 goals, 49 assists, 3 trophies and 18,934 minutes spent on the pitch wearing this glorious jersey; my journey here has come to an end.
"⁣⁣⁣⁣Even though every end means a new beginning it’s important to reflect back on these past years and show you my deepest appreciation for the work accomplished. ⁣⁣⁣⁣
"It was an unforgettable learning experience for me as a player and for my whole family. ⁣⁣⁣⁣To the team, the staff, to all the employees but most importantly to the fans: you will always have a special place in my heart. ⁣⁣⁣⁣I leave feeling privileged having this club in my portfolio

I'm finally ITK.

I heard from a close friend that his father's best friend's second cousin just saw Bastoni doing a wheelie into hotspur way on a Ducati Panigale V4 R whilst shouting 'FORZA TOTTENHAM, YID ARMY, FUCK THE SCUM'.

You read it here first!

#alreadyalegend

Please stop guessing names based on yes yes ’s itk otherwise you’ll be receiving the dreaded ban stick.

We leave the itk as vague as possible on purpose to be of least value to you all. And that way we can claim literally any player in europe was the person being referred to. Exciting times IF and only IF Daniel pulls it off. I’m optimistic. Shit or get off the pot.

So according to Ali G the plan is Doherty and Spence.

Probably true given the lack of links to another other RWBs. I'm amazed that this unproven 21 year old from the Championship really seems to be the best wingback we can get in for Conte.

And again, I know Doherty had a good spell before his injury but who knows how he returns? There's no saying whether he can deliver consistent elite performances for a top of the PL/CL team.

On the bright side at least in theory if Doherty is missing we will still retain some attacking threat on the right hand side but Spence's goals/assist numbers are not impressive so it remains to be seen.

It just seems we are looking to pack out the team with real high level quality and RWB is kind of being left behind.
Although that may be what it looks like, I think part of it is due to the fact that there simply aren't that many gettable, quality, established RWBs.

I see Isco is available this summer on a free. Himself and Eriksen are both 30. Wonder if one, or both of them, would be great additions to have as a super sub and a starter for the tricky games where the other team defends deep and we need to unlock the defence

I see Isco is available this summer on a free. Himself and Eriksen are both 30. Wonder if one, or both of them, would be great additions to have as a super sub and a starter for the tricky games where the other team defends deep and we need to unlock the defence
isco is not the same player anymore think alexis sanchez sort of dropoff

Wouldn't mind if Spurs had a closer look at Manu Kone (BMG) just turned 21. Central-midfielder in the mold of Bissouma

Three obtainable midfielders for the list:

Ibrahim Sangare (6) 24yo PSV
Kouadio Koné 21yo(6) BMG
Khéphren Thuram (8) 21yo Nice

All have a combo of physical/mobility/press resistance/football.

Sangare (6) is probably the best passer of the three, with a really good range, can use both feet too. Little bit error prone, but never hides.

Koné (6) defensive qualities good (pressing/tackling) passing more conservative than Sangare, but progresses the ball and can dribble through pressure

Thuram (more 8) not so great defensively (but does bring physicality) passing ok, but carries the ball forwards, more of a link from midfield to - and supporting - attack

Obviously Tchouameni would have been on the list, but that ship looks to have sailed to Madrid.

Edit
Bellingham would obviously be nice too, but equally unlikely.

Tottenham Hotspur manager Antonio Conte is an admirer of West Ham United’s Jarrod Bowen, according to insider Claret & Hugh.

The Athletic’s Jack Pitt-Brooke and Charlie Eccleshare reported at the weekend that Antonio Conte wanted to bolster his no. 9 options ahead of 2022/23.

While Bowen played the majority of his football – 35 games – on the right wing, David Moyes also fielded him as a centre-forward on ten occasions.

The Hammers insider states that Conte has added Bowen to his ‘wanted list’ for the summer transfer window. The Italian is a ‘big fan’ of the Englishman off the back of his exploits last season.

However, a West Ham source has claimed that ‘it is simply not going to happen’.

Rather than considering a sale, the Hammers are intent upon negotiating ‘an improved deal’ with the player.

He finished just outside the top ten in the Premier League’s scoring charts and wound up third behind Liverpool duo Mohamed Salah and Trent Alexander-Arnold in the assist rankings (via BBC Sport).

Only Salah (36), Son Heung-min (30), Harry Kane (26) and Kevin de Bruyne (22) recorded more goal involvements in the top-flight.

This form saw Bowen win West Ham’s Players’ Player of the Year award, scoop a Premier League Player of the Season nomination and earn his first England call-up.

His estimated Transfermarkt value, meanwhile, has climbed to a career-high £31.5million.

Spurs saw first-hand how good he could be back in December when he showcased ‘terrific feet’ and scored a ‘superb’ goal (in the words of Sky Sports’ lead commentator) in their 2-1 EFL Cup quarterfinal victory over the Irons.

The problem, ultimately, is that West Ham will steadfastly refuse to sell a star player to London rivals Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom