Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Inter basically telling Bastoni to leave from what I can tell, not ideal but hopefully we can get him in early and make him feel welcome before pre season starts

Helps that he knows conte and perisic
Maybe bring another young Italian to help him settle like Raspadori?

Think you'll find that bloke does know things. It is a fact that the name was Pogba.

I'll do you a favour and pop you on ignore, because as far as I can see, you've got nothing to offer this forum.

Just know that a pile of cowshit has more intelligence than you do :)

Ta-ra lovely!
Wouldn’t take much working out. Pogba is a well known disruptive influence. Ask José

Not really fussed whether we get spence or not.
Likewise.

And not really on the attitude side (although that’s something to be aware of). He’s good and can produce excellent moments, but he feels like he’s years away from being the finished article.

That said, I’ve only watched him a handful of times and could be talking complete bollocks. Seemed to lose the ball a lot (but again, maybe a good thing as he remains aggressive and you don’t want him to lose that).

giphy.gif

Likewise.

And not really on the attitude side (although that’s something to be aware of). He’s good and can produce excellent moments, but he feels like he’s years away from being the finished article.

That said, I’ve only watched him a handful of times and could be talking complete bollocks. Seemed to lose the ball a lot (but again, maybe a good thing as he remains aggressive and you don’t want him to lose that).

I'm in the if Conte wants him I want him camp, I'm not completely sold on him but by all accounts he is a Conte target so whatever, for me it's pointless pointing out his flaws at the moment because I've seen what Conte has done with Doherty and Royal in a short space of time.

So according to Ali G the plan is Doherty and Spence.

Probably true given the lack of links to another other RWBs. I'm amazed that this unproven 21 year old from the Championship really seems to be the best wingback we can get in for Conte.

And again, I know Doherty had a good spell before his injury but who knows how he returns? There's no saying whether he can deliver consistent elite performances for a top of the PL/CL team.

On the bright side at least in theory if Doherty is missing we will still retain some attacking threat on the right hand side but Spence's goals/assist numbers are not impressive so it remains to be seen.

It just seems we are looking to pack out the team with real high level quality and RWB is kind of being left behind.

Probably true given the lack of links to another other RWBs. I'm amazed that this unproven 21 year old from the Championship really seems to be the best wingback we can get in for Conte.

And again, I know Doherty had a good spell before his injury but who knows how he returns? There's no saying whether he can deliver consistent elite performances for a top of the PL/CL team.

On the bright side at least in theory if Doherty is missing we will still retain some attacking threat on the right hand side but Spence's goals/assist numbers are not impressive so it remains to be seen.

It just seems we are looking to pack out the team with real high level quality and RWB is kind of being left behind.

If there's no Tesco's Finest on the shelf one must simply decide to either buy a lesser brand or go without.

Italian clubs are so whimsical in the transfer market. A club is perfectly ready to sell their best players and replace them with dross only to splash a shitload on a mediocre player the year after.

Like other people have said, RWB is the weakest position on the market. Not really any amazingly good players available in that position.

Valencia, according to this report, have put all their players up for sale as they need to raise €70m. 2 other players who could be of interest would be:
LB José Gayà
CM Carlos Soler Barragán (who could be a, yes, bargain)

Giorgi Mamardashvili FIFA 22 Aug 16, 2021 SoFIFA

Valencia CF​

El Tottenham se une a la puja por Mamardashvili​

El club londinense quiere hacerse con los servicios del georgiano al que el Valencia también ha puesto en el mercado

El Valencia ha puesto su plantilla entera en el mercado. Como anunció Bordalás en su última comparecencia pública el club debe vender por algo menos de 70 millones de euros para cuadrar el presupuesto. Las primeras ventas están en la hoja de ruta. Soler y Guedes para poder pagar las próximas nóminas, pero aparece una opción que puede dejar un buen dinero en caja.

Mamardashvili ya es jugador del Valencia desde hace un tiempo. La escuela acertó con el portero georgiano y por menos de un millón de euros el Valencia se ha asegurado un portero de mucho nivel y proyección. En un Valencia de otra época sería el arquero titular para muchas temporadas, pero ahora hay otras prioridades. El georgiano es un portero muy del gusto de la Premier y al interés incial del United se ha unido el del Totenham.

16539838722324.png

Las relaciones entre ambos clubes son buenas tras la cesión de Bryan Gil y el club londinense ya piensa en un futuro reemplazo para Lloris, que acaba contrato en 2024, pero que cuenta ya con 36 años cumplidos. De momento no se ha producido oferta formal, pero para el Valencia se trata de una venta extra (casi limpia) que daría oxígeno a unas arcas vacías.

ENGLISH (google translation)

Valencia has put its entire squad on the market. As Bordalás announced in his last public appearance, the club must sell for just under 70 million euros to balance the budget. The first sales are on the roadmap. Soler and Guedes to be able to pay the next payroll, but an option appears that can leave good money in the box.

Mamardashvili has been a Valencia player for some time. The school was right with the Georgian goalkeeper and for less than a million euros, Valencia has secured a goalkeeper of high level and projection. In a Valencia from another era, he would be the starting goalkeeper for many seasons, but now there are other priorities. The Georgian is a goalkeeper much to the taste of the Premier and United's initial interest has been joined by Totenham.

Relations between the two clubs are good after the transfer of Bryan Gil and the London club is already thinking of a future replacement for Lloris, whose contract ends in 2024, but who is already 36 years old. At the moment there has been no formal offer, but for Valencia it is an extra sale (almost clean) that would give oxygen to empty coffers.

Back
Top Bottom