Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am pretty confident that Paratici and Conte are doing everything behind the scenes to bring Bastoni to N17. He would be a game changer. There must be news this week.

I also have a feeling about Scamacca. Think Paratici will try for him.

Am I am dreaming for SMS. Would take Ward-Prowse because of free kicks, though.
I think that Paratici and Conte will try to go for SMS. He makes A LOT of sense. Need to sort out Bastoni and the RWB situation first though...

I think that Paratici and Conte will try to go for SMS. He makes A LOT of sense. Need to sort out Bastoni and the RWB situation first though...
I think we’ll go for Eriksen on a free.

They want 70 million for SMS. Can’t see us spending that on a player that isn’t even an out and out Conte style player.

Now that Perisić seems done, I'd hope we start to hear more on Reguilon moving on, as he's no longer got a future as LWB and occupying one of the Overseas trained places in the squad we need for other incoming players.

Madrid have a buy back clause which I think is supposed to give us a £15m profit on his £27m purchase price (£42m) ..... but tbh I don't think Madrid is going to want to pay that much for him unless we are lucky - he hasn't shown much progress at Spurs. But he does have the raw ingredients that attracted us in the first place such as speed, dribbling ability etc.

The obvious market for the Spaniard is clubs in Spain, but maybe Italian and other clubs would be interested. With Lo Celso out of the door at a loss, I can see a price less than the £42m Madrid buy back clause but hopefully we recover our purchase price.

Might be a disappointing price - but having got a bargain Bentancur for less than £20m (€19 million, plus €6 million in possible add-ons). and an option for Kulusevski for circa £35m (45m euros including 10m loan fee) those sale prices are at least covering our January bargain purchases.

We need a forward - especially if Bergwijn leaves - thoughts on Nkundu ?

Bobcat Goldthwait Omg GIF by truTV’s Bobcat Goldthwait’s Misfits & Monsters

Schlotterbeck to Bor. Dortmund for only €25m really looks like a bargain.

Every six months, Kicker releases a ranking of the best players in the Bundesliga as well as the best German players abroad, dividing them into a number of categories.

Today, the German football magazine has released the first part of their summer rankings based on the performances in the second half of the 2021/22 season. Below, you'll find the centre-back rankings.

World Class:
1. Nico Schlotterbeck, Freiburg
2. Willi Orban, RB Leipzig

International Class:
3. Josko Gvardiol, RB Leipzig
4. Jonathan Tah, Leverkusen
5. Timo Hübers, FC Köln
6. Niklas Süle, Bayern
7. Mohamed Simakan, RB Leipzig
8. Philipp Lienhart, Freiburg
9. Edmond Tapsoba, Leverkusen
10. Evan Ndicka, Frankfurt
11. Timo Baumgartl, Union Berlin
12. Lukas Klostermann, RB Leipzig
13. Tuta, Frankfurt
14. Piero Hincapie, Leverkusen
15. Martin Hinteregger, Frankfurt
Niklas Süle on a free? He's out of contract irc

Why worry? You realise most links are total bull shit and meaningless? Same with all these Twitter posts. All click bait nonsense
I think you've misunderstood me, I view the lack of being linked to everyone as a good and positive thing.

Milan Skriniar: “Tottenham Links Come Every Year and Are Only Rumors, I’m Happy At Inter.”​

May 30, 2022 22:37
Inter defender Milan Skriniar doesn’t feel that he has any reason to leave the Nerazzurri, and he believes that transfer links to Tottnham Hotspur are nothing more than rumours.

Speaking from the Slovakia national team training camp, as reported by FCInterNews, Skriniar emphasized that the rumours of transfer interest in him by the Premier League side are nothing more than that.

May 30, 2022 22:37
Inter defender Milan Skriniar doesn’t feel that he has any reason to leave the Nerazzurri, and he believes that transfer links to Tottnham Hotspur are nothing more than rumours.

Speaking from the Slovakia national team training camp, as reported by FCInterNews, Skriniar emphasized that the rumours of transfer interest in him by the Premier League side are nothing more than that.

The coach’s interest may not end there, however, with transfer rumours that Tottenham could be after Alessandro Bastoni as well, and other players who Conte trusts from his time as Inter coach.

Skriniar is among those players, and the fact that the team need to make a major sale this summer could lend credence to the possibility, but the defender himself flatly rebuffed the seriousness of the links.

Former Inter coach Antonio Conte already looks set to reunite with one player from the Nerazzurri in the form of Ivan Perisic who is all set for a free transfer to Spurs.

The coach’s interest may not end there, however, with transfer rumours that Tottenham could be after Alessandro Bastoni as well, and other players who Conte trusts from his time as Inter coach.

Skriniar is among those players, and the fact that the team need to make a major sale this summer could lend credence to the possibility, but the defender himself flatly rebuffed the seriousness of the links.

“I have a contract with Inter and I’m happy in Milan,” he said. “These rumours come around like clockwork every year or six months and there’s nothing to them – I’m satisfied in Milan.”

He added that “Last season we were champions of Italy, this year we won the Coppa Italia and the Supercoppa Italiana. We still have something to fight for, we’ve set our goals for ourselves. I think next season we’ll be competitive on all fronts.”

“Even if we didn’t win the title, we managed to win two trophies,” Skriniar reflected, “the Supercoppa Italiana and the Coppa Italia. We had the Scudetto in our hands, but we couldn’t quite manage the important moments, for example in the second derby we lost in three minutes despite being ahead in the 75th minute.”

“We were the better side in that game,” the 27-year-old argued, “so that defeat may have been decisive. Then there was the loss at Bologna, not to mention the period between February and March when dropped a lot of points.”

He concluded that “In the end, we had a good season because we managed to win the Coppa by beating Juventus.”

"Extensive homework is being carried out on player ability and character. Spurs recently rejected the chance to sign one talented Premier League player because their research highlighted concerns he could be a disruptive influence."

Wonder who that might be

"Extensive homework is being carried out on player ability and character. Spurs recently rejected the chance to sign one talented Premier League player because their research highlighted concerns he could be a disruptive influence."

Wonder who that might be
pogba probs

Back
Top Bottom