Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

90% of rumours are bollocks or agent led but transfers dont come out of nowhere. The days of us seeing we'd signed Ardiles & Villa on the back pages or Klinsmann on Sugars yacht have long gone unfortunately. There were a few good journos for us last summer, mosty Italian but also a couple here.
Yeah, the handful of truly reliable ones are well established already. If Alasdair Gold, Di Marzio, Romano, Kilptrick says it, it's usually coming from either Levy's camp or Conte's camp.

It's not like they don't "leak" stuff or confirm rumours regularly.

A lot of them have been hyping up this transfer window.

Not the end of the world if there's a quiet day or two. No need to police the "melts" as some are trying to do.

Love this.

Versatile, physically well suited to PL football & by all accounts a brilliant professional who has worked in a Conte setup before. Only small risk I see is with his age and the prospect of being the unlucky team who get him when he does finally experience a dip.

But very worth the risk. Excited to see him play for us. Well done Paratici.

He's obviously still a good player, on a free and in a position we need to fill so i get it. Overall though i'm not a fan of buying older players, it reminds me of Hoddles first summer when he signed Kasey Keller, Ziege, Poyet and a 36 yr old Sheringham to an already fairly old squad (Ferdinand, Anderton, Freund, Sherwood) We looked pretty good for 6 months before we unsuprisingly after Christmas/January started to look old and tired. We then stunk the place out for the next 18 months before we managed to offload them all. Perisic will hopefully be a good signing but not keen on many more 30+ ers.

Good stuff.

Lo Celso done, Winks on his way. We’ll have to loan out Tanguy and subsidise his wages; no one’s going to go near him on a permanent deal.

Far more excited to see us working on sales - means we’re serious.

Here's our most expensive signings:

Romero42.5
Ndombele42.5
Lo Celso41
Sanchez36
Sissoko30
Gil30
Reguilon27.5
Bergwijn26
Lamela25
Sessegnon25
Aurier23
Moura22
Royal21.5

Good stuff.

Lo Celso done, Winks on his way. We’ll have to loan out Tanguy and subsidise his wages; no one’s going to go near him on a permanent deal.

Far more excited to see us working on sales - means we’re serious.
With Winks, I'm heartened to see him finally leave because it absolutely guarantees we can't have another oh he's impressing in training and could make the squad moment under Conte or whoever comes after.

Simply not good enough for us, but I wish him well and think he won't be terrible if he gets to start every week.

We need a forward - especially if Bergwijn leaves - thoughts on Nkundu ?

On FIFA? Godly, and he's won a bazillion POTM awards this season. How much that translates from the Bundesliga to the PL I'm not so sure.

After the year he's had I'd be very surprised if Newcastle were the frontrunners. If there are a lot of interested parties then I feel like we'd be reluctant to get into a pissing contest with the likes of United or Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom