Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So according to Ali G the plan is Doherty and Spence.

Probably true given the lack of links to another other RWBs. I'm amazed that this unproven 21 year old from the Championship really seems to be the best wingback we can get in for Conte.

And again, I know Doherty had a good spell before his injury but who knows how he returns? There's no saying whether he can deliver consistent elite performances for a top of the PL/CL team.

On the bright side at least in theory if Doherty is missing we will still retain some attacking threat on the right hand side but Spence's goals/assist numbers are not impressive so it remains to be seen.

It just seems we are looking to pack out the team with real high level quality and RWB is kind of being left behind.

We need to find a way to do better. Having Doherty and Spence platoon at RWB, and hoping one either matures quickly, or rolls back the clock, is not a good enough plan for a club trying to compete in champions league.

We need to find a way to do better. Having Doherty and Spence platoon at RWB, and hoping one either matures quickly, or rolls back the clock, is not a good enough plan for a club trying to compete in champions league.
Honestly think it’s an improvement on last season…. We will improve all over the pitch, it’s difficult to buy world class players all over the pitch.

Bastoni (??) and Perisic massively improve two positions

Bastoni told DAZN: "Even in training he is always strong, at dinner I asked him what he ate because I would have eaten the same thing too. But it was bread, turkey and avocado, weird stuff, so I avoided it.”

Well. It appears that Bastoni has a mild form of brain damage. Thinking that bread, turkey and avocado is “weird stuff”.

Jesus.

We need our own version of Hercules on here. Nothing you say needs to be accurate (like Hercules), the comedy value alone will be enough.
"I'm hearing" feelers are out to Paris to solve our RWB conundrum. "I'm tracking" the potential for a Kane backup from Munich.

The key is to insert yourself at the front of any ITK news and preferably not mention any players or club by name. And, always use "I'm hearing" or "I'm tracking", like you've just had an espresso with Don Fab that morning.

"Extensive homework is being carried out on player ability and character. Spurs recently rejected the chance to sign one talented Premier League player because their research highlighted concerns he could be a disruptive influence."

Wonder who that might be
Wow such revolutionary research that talented but undisciplined players can be a disruptive influence.

Im not really sure there is anyone worth buying from Valencia- very mediocre team. Mamardashvili seems a decent enough young keeper... I thought we were trying to go HG for the backup GK positions though?
Mamardashvili could be for signed the 2023-24 season and - as already suggested - loan him out for the upcoming season while Lloris keep the number 1 "seat" warm.

Last edited:
"I'm hearing" feelers are out to Paris to solve our RWB conundrum. "I'm tracking" the potential for a Kane backup from Munich.

The key is to insert yourself at the front of any ITK news and preferably not mention any players or club by name. And, always use "I'm hearing" or "I'm tracking", like you've just had an espresso with Don Fab that morning.
I’ve noticed that too. It really is an art form. Giving enough information out as to make it sound like you’re almost saying something, but not saying too much for it to sound like you’re actually saying anything at all.

It’s sits in the very thin grey area between nothing and something.

It’s art.

Im not really sure there is anyone worth buying from Valencia- very mediocre team. Mamardashvili seems a decent enough young keeper... I thought we were trying to go HG for the backup GK positions though?
Gaya, as long as I remember, was a very good player and Soler has very good statistics, but never seen him play tbh.

Oh nice. I would also suggest squeezing in a 'Daniel' therefore implying a close relationship with Levy. Also good to call your source 'my man/snout'.

“Heard today that we’ve made enquiries about someone very special! Won’t name who for obvious reasons but know that it’s someone we’ve had our eyes on for quite a while. Nothing confirmed yet.”

- H

Back
Top Bottom