Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kimpembe is getting disenfranchised with the PSG project and possibly looking to leave.

Left footed centreback. 26 years old. Aggressive. Contract until 2024. Could be a fit?

This season Mane has bene Liverpool's central striker. Which probably is what Nabil is alluding to.

Firmino has been more or less relegated to the bench since last summer.
The problem Liverpool have is they kind of need Darwin Nunez to hit the ground running because with Salah leaving on a free next summer they could have difficulties down the road. The other problem is their midfield is ageing and unless their youngsters become something special. A lot of their players will need replacing in the two to three years.

I was listening to TalkSPORT on the way home last night & it appears that Inter have several players lined up to bring in but are desperate to raise the €€ , from what they were saying , there will be quite a bit of movement at Inter , perhaps later in the window
And we think we have problems with levy😂

It’s hard to think Rooney is only 35. He looks 55 and that you’d never think he was once a professional athlete .
Being a pro athlete can be a very stressfull lifestyle, their money and riches aside. And Rooney hasn't exactly been the sort to look after his body to minute detail.

And being the manager of Derby during their recent spell must have taken a few years off of him as well.

Kimpembe is getting disenfranchised with the PSG project and possibly looking to leave.

Left footed centreback. 26 years old. Aggressive. Contract until 2024. Could be a fit?

I know nothing about him other than he's a mainstay in the PSG defence and plays for the national team effectively making Laporte have to switch to Spain? I'm in

70M
Ray Liotta Lol GIF

He's one of the top LCB in the world - so a key player for one of the richest clubs in the world. PSG never needs to sell players except for looking for "good" in terms of FFP. Now that Zidane is joining PSG as head-coach I am sure he'll stay, for at least another season.
Besides, he would cost Gvardiol money - maybe even more.

I know nothing about him other than he's a mainstay in the PSG defence and plays for the national team effectively making Laporte have to switch to Spain? I'm in
His major flaw is that he has a tendency to get riled up and make some mistakes or get sent off. But the PSG defence also lacks leadership since Silva left. And I think that conte could improve his mental game.

He's a hard worker and a aggressive defender so he would be a nice double combo with Romero.
A PSG academy graduate who is seemingly not too happy with the recent changes in the club.

Of course in June they say to want silly money for their best player, but I think a deal like Winks + £30-35m could be made here.

By the time it comes to august and they’re getting desperate for funds to buy other players that price will change. I expect we want another attacker but it’s not as desperate as sorting out right side and getting cover in defence.

This Richarlson out of the blue link does seem to happen a lot since paratici has come in. It’s usually followed by nothing or loads of other players being linked in the same position. That pattern for a transfer happens or it’s news out of nowhere followed by tying up the deal pretty quickly for some random player. I think we need to get used to it happening like this. Just because there’s all this noise around Richarlson doesn’t mean we will sign him or if it is who we really want for that position.

That is basically £60-65m which is what has already been out, we would want that at least for Richarlison so nothing crazy. Offer Bergwijn for £25m or Winks for £20m as part of it and it’s easily doable.
Would have to be Winks. Bergwijn probably looking to go back to NL

God our fans moan at tight arse Levy and Lewis’s who are historically tight arses then we finally get £150m investment plus player sales plus CL money to produce a giant war chest of £250-300m and our fans becomes the Levy tight arses themselves.

Spurs fans: SPEND MONEY!!!!

Lewis: ok I will stop being a tight cunt, here you go.

Conte: Get me Richarlison, Bastoni, Eriksen, Bissouma, Paqueta, Spence, Bremer, Forster, Perisic, another RB. Cost about £250m, back me and let’s go again next season.

Spurs fans: NO, NO, NO don’t do that, Richarlison is only worth 50p, Bissouma £40m is way to much £25m no more. Plenty of players out of contract or nearly out of contract look there.

Liverpool just spent 80m on a guy far less proven than Richarlison yet we think £60m is too much. This is the mentality of a small club that hasn’t got the balls to make it big.

Last edited:
God our fans moan at tight arse Levy and Lewis’s who are historically tight arses then we finally get £150m investment plus player sales plus CL money to produce a giant war chest of £250-300m and our fans becomes the Levy tight arses themselves.

Conte: Get me Richarlison, Bastoni, Eriksen, Bissouma, Paqueta, Spence, Bremer, Forster, Perisic, another RB. Cost about £250m, back me and let’s go again next season.

Spurs fans: NO, NO, NO don’t do that, Richarlison is only worth 50p, Bissouma £40m is way to much £25m no more. Plenty of players out of contract or nearly out of contract look there.

Liverpool just spent 80m on a guy far less proven than Richarlison yet we think £60m is too much. This is the mentality of a small club that hasn’t go the balls to make it big.
Or it could be the mentality of a club that wanked 100 million away on ndombele and los celso.

'Mentality of a small club'. This is the kind of meaningless shite you get from TalkSport / Sky punditry.

The transfer window opened last week. Get a grip.

Liverpool just spent 80m on a guy far less proven than Richarlison yet we think £60m is too much. This is the mentality of a small club that hasn’t go the balls to make it big.
we have to spend money but also don't waste it (like we did with GLC, ndombelè etc.)

Or it could be the mentality of a club that wanked 100 million away on ndombele and los celso.

'Mentality of a small club'. This is the kind of meaningless shite you get from TalkSport / Sky punditry.

The transfer window opened last week. Get a grip.

What are you going on about. You do realise that Liverpool, City spent money and will put down decent cash if they believe the player is worth it. If Richarlison is Conte’s number one target for attack and we actually have a war chest why the fuck would we not back him.

Just because we got burned by Ndombele doesn’t me the reality of football that better players generally cost more doesn’t exist we spent £50m on Romero which almost looks a bargain.

As for the transfer market just opening what the hell has that got to do with anything, that has nothing to do with my point.

Back
Top Bottom