Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why the venom?

His goal at Leicester got us Top 4 football. We’ve stuck him on the bench since. He has every right to further his career.

Best of luck to him.
I've discussed it enough times on this site. He's had plenty of game time at Spurs until this season, he had no right to act like it was great injustice against him that Conte benched him this time.

Eriksen didn't this much shit even when going this protracted leaving saga.

I've discussed it enough times on this site. He's had plenty of game time at Spurs until this season, he had no right to act like it was great injustice against him that Conte benched him this time.

Eriksen didn't this much shit even when going this protracted leaving saga.
He never acted like it was a great injustice.

Said he wants to leave over the last few weeks. He doesn’t owe this club a thing.

Ndombele is a sack of shit. This lad, in contrast, will go to Ajax and win trophies. Good on him.

I know we've had this debate before about Spurs winning silverware (winning domestic cups that is) vs qualifying for the CL.
A few said they preferred to win silverware but I have yet to hear a player say, "I wanted to join this club because they won the League cup last season and will play in the Conference League." But you'll hear the same players say they want to play in the CL.
The thing is, had Spurs won a domestic cup this season but not qualified for the CL it's not sure Conte and Harry had stayed nor that Perisic and Bissoma had joined.
So for me, I take CL qualification of a domestic cup win season after season (of course, not ever a league win but that means CL qualification anyway). That's what attracts the best players.

Fortunately fans aren't in control of the clubs priorities. Most of them probably need their mums or wives to plan their day for them.
Players barely give a shit about domestic cups. Foreign players probably don't even know what the league cup is. Most other countries don't have a 2nd domestic cup.

Why the venom?

His goal at Leicester got us Top 4 football. We’ve stuck him on the bench since. He has every right to further his career.

Best of luck to him.

Agreed no need for it.
Bergwijn is right to want to move on, he’s barely had any minutes this season next season he would probably get even less. Thanks for Leicester and good luck 👍

Good riddance. Wanker……really why? like a lot more that we’ve he didnt settle and for whatever reason didn’t get many chances so it’s best for us and him but think that’s a bit harsh…….
There are mitigating circumstances as to why Bergwijn didn’t settle. He went back to Holland briefly during his first season. Got this firsthand from a club employee at the time.
Wish him well at Ajax.

- Sodaldo wasn't cheap..... 30m was a lot of money in 2013.
- 17m for Jansen wasn't cheap for a back-up in 2016 either.

Eleven PL players were signed that season for twice as much money.

It's cheap.

Dice it up any way you want but West Ham signed a more expensive player that season, while we fucked around with:

Vincent Janssen Alkmaar £18.8m; Victor Wanyama Southampton £11m; Georges-Kévin N’Koudou Marseille £9m; Pau Lopez Marseille (loan); Moussa Sissoko Newcastle £30m

Sissoko ............Jesus H Christ

I have no problem with Stevie wanting to leave.

I have a problem with his comments to the media. Keep it shut and you’ll get your move.
I don’t think they were terribly bad comments or anything, but I agree that he could have been quieter about it and still had his move. I don’t hold anything against him wanting to go, totally understandable given his position here and what I think he’s capable of elsewhere.

Agreed no need for it.
Bergwijn is right to want to move on, he’s barely had any minutes this season next season he would probably get even less. Thanks for Leicester and good luck 👍

When you look just how quickly Kulu and Bentacour have settled in and made an impact then you can see the gulf in quality, one that even Berj must see this?

United fans really thought that ten hag would come in and have the power like Alex Ferguson had? Just because he won the league a bunch of times in Holland? Their squad is full of overpaid shit. They won’t became great in a season or two

Eleven PL players were signed that season for twice as much money.

It's cheap.

Dice it up any way you want but West Ham signed a more expensive player that season, while we fucked around with:

Vincent Janssen Alkmaar £18.8m; Victor Wanyama Southampton £11m; Georges-Kévin N’Koudou Marseille £9m; Pau Lopez Marseille (loan); Moussa Sissoko Newcastle £30m

Sissoko ............Jesus H Christ
Wanyama would have become a top class player had it not been for his injuries. He was a "beast" in his first season.
Pau Lopez went on to become a Spanish international (not a regular) and was bought by Roma for €23.5 million back in 2019, just 2 years after he left Spurs.
Sissoko was a limited player yes and not worth that amount of money but he was a regular both at Spurs and France.

United fans really thought that ten hag would come in and have the power like Alex Ferguson had? Just because he won the league a bunch of times in Holland? Their squad is full of overpaid shit. They won’t became great in a season or two
Players across the World watch the Prem. Much as with us fans, they can see the Utd are a basket case club atm, with a long way to go before they get themselves back up to that elite status they enjoyed for a couple of decades.

The sort of players Utd need will be giving them a wide berth. Those that do go there have one motivation, and that's money.

Until they hit the reset button, they are destined to flounder around with mercenaries turning up when they feel like it.

Back
Top Bottom