Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we miss out on Eriksen then we really need to still be in the market for a technically gifted midfielder. Bissouma is a great acquisition but he's not an intricate footballer, we still need someone in there who has some real guile.

I agree. We need someone to unlock the door. I like the Hungarian guy who’s name is impossible to spell. Szoboszlai

Sentiment and nostalgia.

At one point he had more assists concurrently than any other player in the league and was a huge part of our team working.

But. He can't clear the first man from a corner, I'd worry about his ticker under a demanding routine and the fucker basically stopped playing for the last year or so. Love the guy, wish him success but it's a pass for me.

He's been standout brilliant for Brentford since arriving there & been great in internationals too, and he fills a gap in our squad (technically gifted midfielder) so it makes total sense beyond nostalgia and sentiment that people would want him.

I get people not wanting/liking him because of the way he exited. But on a free signing he ticked a lot of boxes for us & it would be a big miss if we can't get him. We're still badly lacking players who score goals & create in the middle of the park.

If we miss out on Eriksen then we really need to still be in the market for a technically gifted midfielder. Bissouma is a great acquisition but he's not an intricate footballer, we still need someone in there who has some real guile.
We've got Kane and Kulu and our attack really started to click towards the back end of last season and they have plenty of guile. I'm sure Paratici has other names apart from Eriksen so I'm sure we will be fine.

One of the worst takes I’ve ever read
Why? She is brilliant in what she does. I think denying such facts is weird. And delusional on same level as other team fans overestimating their players ability. Just does not make you look serious adult if you cannot admit that competitor is doing a good job.

I specially added that it would have to suit into our setup - no not suggesting that she would replace Paratici...

We've got Kane and Kulu and our attack really started to click towards the back end of last season and they have plenty of guile. I'm sure Paratici has other names apart from Eriksen so I'm sure we will be fine.

There's times when you need the midfield to chip in if you wanna step up beyond a top 4 challenge though, we've obviously got a very dangerous front 3 but if teams are able to cut service to them (as Brentford & Brighton did) then we have issues and nobody else really steps up.

I'm sure Paratici is looking at other options. Hopefully we acquire a player in that mould.

Why? She is brilliant in what she does. I think denying such facts is weird. And delusional on same level as other team fans overestimating their players ability. Just does not make you look serious adult if you cannot admit that competitor is doing a good job.

I specially added that it would have to suit into our setup - no not suggesting that she would replace Paratici...

Why do we need her? We already have a brilliant negotiator, it's pointless.

Too many cooks...

If Eriksen comes then awesome, but I can’t be the only one not too fussed if he doesn’t? I think we can go for other creative midfielder targets that are not 30. Eriksen if he signs I would welcome with open arms. If he doesn’t, I’m really not fussed.

This is madness for a new owner with no experience in negotiating football deals….

Sign her up together with Eva Cameiro. That will send a strong message to other clubs that.... well... :cool:

Marina Granovskaia

Eva Carneiro and Jose Mourinho clashed on the touchline after Eden Hazard received treatment against Swansea

Image:Eva Carneiro

There's times when you need the midfield to chip in if you wanna step up beyond a top 4 challenge though, we've obviously got a very dangerous front 3 but if teams are able to cut service to them (as Brentford & Brighton did) then we have issues and nobody else really steps up.

I'm sure Paratici is looking at other options. Hopefully we acquire a player in that mould.
Conte doesn't usually have this type of player though. He relies on the system and repetitive practice to get the results needed. Yeah I can see us being interested in the likes of Raphinha, Paqueta and maybe Antony but these guys are like Kulusevski anyway so will just add depth to the squad rather than anything dramatically different.

Boils my fucking blood, he has never got anything right in his many years, genuine nothing right

On their they say 'its just abit of fun' yet call them out you get banned

Then this Hotspur88 guy crys whenever someone says something against him, crazy he only was 'itk' because he had links to Conte somehow, now he knows everything that Paratici fucking thinks

Probably the most pathetic website around, hopefully it goes bust one day
If that happens and they all come over this site then Archibald&Crooks should be banned. But first from the transfer forum after being "harassed" a few times and threatened with his own "ban stick" :cool:

Last edited:
He's been standout brilliant for Brentford since arriving there & been great in internationals too, and he fills a gap in our squad (technically gifted midfielder) so it makes total sense beyond nostalgia and sentiment that people would want him.

I get people not wanting/liking him because of the way he exited. But on a free signing he ticked a lot of boxes for us & it would be a big miss if we can't get him. We're still badly lacking players who score goals & create in the middle of the park.
Eriksen just doesn’t fit anywhere in a 3-4-3 though. Those 2 midfield spots need to have some physicality because they have more defensive responsibility due to wing backs. He never performed well at winger in a 4-2-3-1 because he’s not fast or strong enough to be on the outside. It MAY be different than wing in a 3-4-3 where you have overlapping wingbacks, but I’m not sold.

His best positions are #10 or the highest of 3 CMs.

Hercules: Be careful with this information, as it comes from some people (agents/movers) up North. Allegedly yanited have not officially bid for him.
Wig: He's a free agent, not sure clubs need to officially bid for him as such.

:rolleyes: :D

Conte doesn't usually have this type of player though. He relies on the system and repetitive practice to get the results needed. Yeah I can see us being interested in the likes of Raphinha, Paqueta and maybe Antony but these guys are like Kulusevski anyway so will just add depth to the squad rather than anything dramatically different.

Barella & Brozovic contributed to 18 goals between them though, that's more than we are likely to get from Bentancur/Bissouma (our expected partnership). Barella especially has a much more progressive passing range and will make those attacking runs from deep.

And he also had Eriksen in a deeper playmaker role at Inter towards the end. I'm not saying we need some lightweight #10 type, but I do think we're still lacking a player who really wants to be involved in an attacking sense.

IMO, they cut service to them by winning the midfield battle. Eriksen helps a bit but Bissouma is more of the answer to that problem.

Back
Top Bottom