Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dude.

I was fucking joking!

It’s still June ffs 🤦‍♂️
It's quite obvious to me that Conte wants players that will improve the first team, not squad players.

We moved very quickly to sign 2 first team starters, and a very good backup keeper.

We tried to get a starting CB (Bastoni) but he didn't want to move, so no blame on anyone at the club.

There isn't many available, and affordable players that will improve upon Son, Kane, Kulu.

Our CM is sorted so maybe an attacking CM, which will change formation to 352, making a forward signing even less of a priority.

Which leaves only the defence to look at.
A LCB and RWB possibly.
RWB is not a huge priority either, hence our trying (and playing hardball) to get Spence.

All other players we are linked with will, possibly, improve the squad but not the 1st team.
So we're, quite rightly, taking our time and trying to get it right.
Plus we need to start shifting some players.

Drogba goes down when an ant touches him, Richarlison loves the dark arts of football, he is a prick but he would be our prick, a Diego Costa who can also play wing. You would probably be better asking the EvertonFan on the forum but he is not physically weak by any means he is aggressive and a fighter.

I mean, Son dives around like a prick, we all know it. I specifically asked why people think Richarlison would provide a physical aspect? He doesn't seem interested in standing up so that isn't likely. This idea we need him to cover Kane, I assume providing a player who can hold the ball up is mad if he spends more time on the deck "playing the dark arts" than he does fighting off defenders.
I'm not against him coming as much as I was, but I think if people think he's gonna stand up top and hold the ball up to play people in, any better than Jesus, Sterling or Raphinha (the other forwards banded about) I think people would be in for a shock.

Have you tried B&Q mate? The hoes there are pretty durable. You'd not get much change out of a 20 note though. Just a suggestion

Hohohoho

Great player my only concern is his physique is a bit light for the PL.

That's you're only concern? Not the fact Atleti paid over £100m for him and would want it back?
Whenever I've seen him he looks, at best, a slightly above average striker.

A "pub league" that's created more world class players than the EPL :rolleyes:
PS! That does not mean I'd want Spurs to sign Felix.

How many world class players have come from the Portuguese league?
And before you start listing them - read the question again.
Everyone you're about to say only really became "world class" after they left and got better in stronger leagues.

How come these random cunts keep on apprearing in this thread? They've basically got no idea much like all of us on here and are just another person commenting on what's going on. I know lots find the SC wankers comments being posted in this thread annoying but these guys are just as bad.

It's a piss take out of all the bullshit artists like Romano who say 5 different things in one day then claim they know what's happening.

How many world class players have come from the Portuguese league?
And before you start listing them - read the question again.
Everyone you're about to say only really became "world class" after they left and got better in stronger leagues.

It's a piss take out of all the bullshit artists like Romano who say 5 different things in one day then claim they know what's happening.

hilarious :contesmile:

Woolwich are bringing in good players, but from a squad building perspective it makes no sense.

They got brutally exposed last season because Partey and Tierney are injury prone and they had no depth at full back or defensive mid.

They already had an excess of attacking mids/ wide forwards. And now in this window they've brought in Viera, and want Raphinha too?
Jesus will plug their gap at CF, but according to Pep he's better at RW anyway.

This is like an idiot on FIFA manager mode with an unlimited budget.
We keep talking about other teams' transfers and needs as if we know exactly what they need, what they don't need, how they'll line up, what system they'll play, etc etc. Fact is we know fuck all. We've seen so many times how we think a team has done all the wrong moves and they end up finishing above us. Or vice versa. Bottom line is we don't know.

Not a dig at those posting these posts, but it's really an exercise in futility.

"Eriksen wants to remain in London but also wants to join Manchester United despite rejecting them"

Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

Fuck's sake, if you're so sad that you need to make up bollocks on the internet to give your life some semblance of worth, at least try to make it minimally coherent.

no-but-yeah.gif
Mate ...

mate GIF

Back
Top Bottom