Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not sure anyone outside our transfer committee would have an inside track on every deal we're looking at. Think this bloke is stretching what he may know (if anything) pretty thin.
Pretty obvious post Emerson, Diaz, Bissouma and Deki that we will see deals come out of the woodwork pretty near completion. Pretty obvious too that we haven't got a hundred million to spend on attackers in this window.

Yeah i agree but would he really have the inside track on that or just stating the bleedin obvious. He doesnt seem as bullshitty as some but cant believe he has the level of detail he seems to imply about our whole window.
This. He definitely has good contacts.. he's a player rep and seems to know several agents and people inside the club. Gets the starting xi 10-15 mins before it's announced every home game. Seems a good guy, but probably plays it up a little bit too with some educated guesswork here and there.

Raphinha deal feels like it’s a De Jong sale away from him going to Barca. We’d better be on Richarlison, don’t want Raphinha to Barca, Richarlison to Chelsea and Jesus to Woolwich then we are shopping abroad to players not prem proven.

I'd argue it's more to do with the youth academy system in any country than a league the players barely ever played in.
If the Portuguese league was so strong, why has it been so long since Sporting, Benfica or Porto made any impact in Europe?
It's no stronger than the French league. A country that has won considerably more at international level than Portugal.
Portugals last international fixture saw a starting 11 of
GK - Roma
LB- PSG
CB - PSG
CB - Real Madrid
RB - Man City
Mid - Man United
Mid - Wolves
Mid - Porto
Forward - Milan
Forward - RBL
Forward - Everton

ONE player for the national team in the domestic league. ONE!
You basically answered your own question without realizing it when you mentioned how many in players in Portuguese national team’s starting XI who plays outside of Portugal: all their best players are bought up by richer clubs in other leagues. Which is also why their domestic clubs are not doing that well internationally.

In Portugal the population is around 10 million, while in France it’s 68 million, so it would be natural in a football country like France that they do better that Portugal on national level (and before you start mention China or India or USA: no, population along is not a guarantee for success in football). England have around 56 million but are on the level of Portugal when it comes to national success and yet having the advantage of playing in a non-pub league …so what’s your point?

And can you mention the top class players from Primeira Liga who barely played a game in that league before making the leap?

My point, however, was that the Primeira division is not a “pub league” – something you disagree with.

I just read it in SC

Who’s O’Keefe anyway

o-keeffe-s-working-hands-unscented-hand-cream~5704947001162_02c_bq

Raphinha deal feels like it’s a De Jong sale away from him going to Barca. We’d better be on Richarlison, don’t want Raphinha to Barca, Richarlison to Chelsea and Jesus to Woolwich then we are shopping abroad to players not prem proven.
Chelsea want Sterling; we’re in pole position for Richarlison.
Raphinha to Barca would be okay as he’s not going to our rivals… but I wouldn’t be too confident in that given their financial position, even if they sell de Jong.

Barca have huge financial and FFP issues - so much so that they have 2 or 3 free transfers that Spanish FA will not register until they offload players to reduce wage bill and reduce debt.

They are offloading players but equally the number of players they are linked to will not be allowed to be registered with them by Spanish FA. So will they actually sign Raphina - not sure ?

My point, however, was that the Primeira division is not a “pub league” – something you disagree with.

In the grand scheme of European leagues, where would you put Primera Liga?
I'd put it below the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Lige 1. You're then comparing it with leagues like Belgium, Austria etc.
Am I wrong? Do you believe the Portuguese league is above the 5 I listed?

Chelsea want Sterling; we’re in pole position for Richarlison.
Raphinha to Barca would be okay as he’s not going to our rivals… but I wouldn’t be too confident in that given their financial position, even if they sell de Jong.

They're trying to sell Dembele as well but then again Chelsea are trying to buy him too.

Well with Chelsea and Woolwich sniffing around we’d want to make a call and pursue it aggressively.

Richarlison for me, but before we know it raphina is off to the goons and Richarlison is off to the chavs and we’re left with no one

The thing is, recently we've gone and got players where bids have just suddenly come out of the blue and been accepted. It doesn't seem to have happened on either of these transfers. Makes me wonder if there is another player we are after yet to be identified by the press. Obviously all situations are different but Paratici seems to be running us differently now and especially since losing out on Diaz in January.

Bit of an out there thought...

...what if Conte values Raphinha as a RW but someone who can also play RWB? He's obviously talented enough going forward, from what I've seen his work rate is good. Not sure about his one on one defending obviously, but maybe Conte sees promise there?

Back
Top Bottom