Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's not the RWB Spurs need and too good to sit on the bench but I will miss him. He appeared to be a likable person, and always enthusiastic when Spurs scored (except when he scored himself), and played solid - to much of the disappointment of some fans - at the end of the season and proved that he is a good defender.
Should he join Atletic I wish him good luck - except if he'd play against Spurs in the CL.
He's won me over as person. Can't fault his attitude on or off the pitch, kept his head down and worked as hard as he could.

Best of luck at Atletico but I don't think we'll be kicking ourselves for selling him.

Hojbjerg is our Henderson, not the most technically gifted but a workhorse and leader on the pitch. Ability wise he might be £20-25m but attitude he is much more. Club needs players like him.

Hojbjerg is our Henderson, not the most technically gifted but a workhorse and leader on the pitch. Ability wise he might be £20-25m but attitude he is much more. Club needs players like him.
I think that underrates Henderson to be honest, but I do think Hojbjerg will be a good player for the squad. He's developed a good partnership with Bentancur and should have no trouble partnering Bissouma either. And most importantly, he is always available to play. His attitude under Conte has been very good (I think it was suspect under Nuno at times but I can forgive that, he wasn't the only one *cough* Harry Kane).

Didn't see any Leverkusen full game last season, so can only judge him from the highlight video. Look like a left footed Cuti.

Way way better than my impression of NDicka which I was able to see some games he featured (Europa League games). He is so awkward that makes Emerson looks like Berbatov in comparison. Also N name is a serious curse that we shouldn't take it lightly.

:tanguythumb:

Last edited:
According to Ornstein will happen late with Rich.

I said this two days ago journalist huh, it's an obvious informed guess. Levy will try and squeeze them. They want Winks they will sell Richarlison, he is EPL tested. The forwards are less automated in Contes system so will need less shakedown time. Plus he's already EPL con-wise. He'll be the forward I'm almost certain of it.

Really should be going all out for a RB but I can understand why we’re going for a LCB. We only conceded 9 goals in the last 15 games. 3 of them came in the one game against United. I mean that’s title wining form right there. Such was the form of Romero-Dier-Davies toward the end of the season, I wouldn’t be too gutted if we didn’t bring in a starter but again, can understand why Conte is doing it. Conte’s attacking game is heavily dependent on the wing backs so I’d like to see an 8 or 9 out of 10 signing similar in calibre to Perisic.

Really should be going all out for a RB but I can understand why we’re going for a LCB. We only conceded 9 goals in the last 15 games. 3 of them came in the one game against United. I mean that’s title wining form right there. Such was the form of Romero-Dier-Davies toward the end of the season, I wouldn’t be too gutted if we didn’t bring in a starter but again, can understand why Conte is doing it. Conte’s attacking game is heavily dependent on the wing backs so I’d like to see an 8 or 9 out of 10 signing similar in calibre to Perisic.
Although I would like to see Gvardiol at Spurs next season (but that's very unlikely anyway) I won't mind Spurs getting a young LCB who may not take Davies' starting sport right away but in the long run, will.
In which case a player like Ndicka would fit. He's only 23, in the last year of his contract, and it wouldn't be a big deal if he didn't become a starter right away (he's still a bit "rough" around the edges). Or Piero Hincapié.

Been saying it ever since Conte came in. Need to upgrade at RWB. Plan A is to use the wing backs and currently Doherty is the one who is going to be starting. That's not nearly good enough if we are challenging for top spot and multiple competitions.

Even if we get Spence, IMO he's not ready yet to be playing first team PL football. I've watched a lot of him this season. We can't be reliant on Doherty and Spence as our 2 wing backs.

I think Emerson will go.

It remains to be seen if Perisic operates on the right, given we are in for McNeil who plays on the left. Personally think Perisic is going to start at LWB and that leaves us needing to get a quality RWB.

Not many linked, Maehle, Molina are there any others with quality going forward?

RWB for me is such a glaring weakness we currently have, even if we do sign Spence. Djed may become a top player but he's at least 2 seasons from that.

I just hope there is some under the radar deal being done.

Been saying it ever since Conte came in. Need to upgrade at RWB. Plan A is to use the wing backs and currently Doherty is the one who is going to be starting. That's not nearly good enough if we are challenging for top spot and multiple competitions.

Even if we get Spence, IMO he's not ready yet to be playing first team PL football. I've watched a lot of him this season. We can't be reliant on Doherty and Spence as our 2 wing backs.

I think Emerson will go.

It remains to be seen if Perisic operates on the right, given we are in for McNeil who plays on the left. Personally think Perisic is going to start at LWB and that leaves us needing to get a quality RWB.

Not many linked, Maehle, Molina are there any others with quality going forward?

RWB for me is such a glaring weakness we currently have, even if we do sign Spence. Djed may become a top player but he's at least 2 seasons from that.

I just hope there is some under the radar deal being done.
dumfries is the one that makes sense price wise, mid twenties wont gett in the way of spences development either

having them two as options is greatt

Back
Top Bottom