Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You kind of missed the point which was simply there are NO guarantees. He's already had ankle issues. We can not say he will achieve any of the predictions which was the point. I have zero reason to believe he will not do well but I'd be stupid to say it's nailed on.

I suspect he's not 100% a Pep signing (*)....... I think the club expect him to be there longer than Pep remains.

(*Kane would have been as he's a more well rounded footballer that wouldn't have required Pep to change the way they play. I think this is more a case of "Hmmmm.... We still need a striker.... Let's just get the best one on the market".)

Last edited:
Maybe a nice offer is what we did get? So up to him? Happy to keep but wont reject a club overpaying? I can’t remember what we paid for him ourselves?
It looks like it was about 18.5 million. I could see an instance when we get a decent offer and move him on, but not sure in Anything more than that.

Weird argument …. CCV was an academy product so we’d have done some to lose money on him …. Plus he went for a colossal 6m

We got our money back on berg

Anyhow I think everyone else got my point

"Any player deemed not good enough is going to be sold for a hard to stomach loss"

I answered your statement mate, as "weird" as that sounds, and we made money on the transfer of Berj not just broke even as you are suggesting.

As i was the only one answering your post how the fuck do you know "everyone else" got your point?

FFS

Jog On

City have to replace the goals of Sterling and Jesus, (i think between them 18 last season)?

It's a huge risk that Pep is taking, getting rid of that many PL goals,
If Haaland plays 30 games he’s going to at least match that I reckon. That would represent a big drop off in his scoring rate, which I don’t even think there will be like that. If they keep him fit they’ll be improved for sure. Sterling didn’t feature much last season anyway.

No player is "unsellable".
Days Of The Week Weekend GIF

Different players, Zlatan lacks pace and is a maverick. Haaland will listen and do what he’s told…. But if his touch is shit, he’s dead
Point is it did not work. Its an exacting system and there's no way you can guarantee things in sport. My own personal belief is he will do well because I think Pep's slowly realised it HIM who is wrong and has to change. There was a story going however that he still preferred Kane as his passing worked in the system.

If Haaland plays 30 games he’s going to at least match that I reckon. That would represent a big drop off in his scoring rate, which I don’t even think there will be like that. If they keep him fit they’ll be improved for sure. Sterling didn’t feature much last season anyway.
I reckon pukki would have scored 18 if he played for city last year.

Back
Top Bottom