Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would I like him at Spurs? Yes
For £67,5m? Nah
But I hope he won't end up at Woolwich.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...tas-agents.html?ico=topics_pagination_desktop

Woolwich 'make contact with Brazilian midfielder Lucas Paqueta's agents to confirm their interest', as Lyon demand £67.5m to sell the wantaway star amid interest from Newcastle​

• Woolwich have reportedly made contact with Lyon star midfielder Lucas Paqueta
  • The 24-year-old scored 11 goals and added seven assists for Lyon last season
  • The Gunners technical director Edu has revealed they will make a formal bid
  • Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas recently revealed that they have received bids
By JACOB RANSON FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 09:12 BST, 12 July 2022 | UPDATED: 10:32 BST, 12 July 2022

Would I like him at Spurs? Yes
For £67,5m? Nah
But I hope he won't end up at Woolwich.

Woolwich 'make contact with Brazilian midfielder Lucas Paqueta's agents to confirm their interest', as Lyon demand £67.5m to sell the wantaway star amid interest from Newcastle​

• Woolwich have reportedly made contact with Lyon star midfielder Lucas Paqueta
  • The 24-year-old scored 11 goals and added seven assists for Lyon last season
  • The Gunners technical director Edu has revealed they will make a formal bid
  • Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas recently revealed that they have received bids
By JACOB RANSON FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 09:12 BST, 12 July 2022 | UPDATED: 10:32 BST, 12 July 2022

If it’s £67m I rather go for Maddison who is prem proven like Richarlison and Bissouma. That’s steep for a player in the French league who was got rid of by a club in the Italian league. Obviously if Conte wants him fine, just we have a big element of risk both ways with a transfer like that.

FXZ73YOWQAU42fo

I'm defo not a 'Top Yid', probably more Romero FC 👀

Tottenham Hotspur FC

spurs-blue-no-text-300x300.png

Reserving the right to change mind
after ever good/bad game.

Thinks anyone who never changes
their mind is simple

Thinks Conte/Kane/Son are class
but have shit days

Thinks Tanguy/LoCelso/etc. are shit
but have class days

Most likely human

Many of the same opinions
as spurs fans

If it’s £67m I rather go for Maddison who is prem proven like Richarlison and Bissouma. That’s steep for a player in the French league who was got rid of by a club in the Italian league. Obviously if Conte wants him fine, just we have a big element of risk both ways with a transfer like that.

I don't even know who he is - £67m for a Lyon player always ends well too.

Not if you reduced your caloric intake accordingly.
That's such a generic thing for a stranger to say to another stranger without any knowledge of their lifestyle, history, age, calories required to gain/lose weight, medical history/condition.
It really isn't that simple. At all.

I've currently set myself a challenge to run 10k a day every day. Done 10 in a row and it's getting easier. If it wasn't so hot I'd try to go faster each time.
What I have noticed is;
Less pain
Less feeling sick
And probably in line with your comment - I don't feel like I'm suffering oxygen starvation at the end. I can still work out in my mind how fast I need to be going to get to the 10k in a certain time etc. Usually I could do that early on but by the 8-9k mark I'm like
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
totally, and good for you. I'm sure you're aware that the biggest gains come in rest days... don't run yourself slower – if that makes sense!

Still interpreting things that aren't there, I see. Unless you're a bit paranoid, I'm not sure how you came up with the above conclusion based on what I wrote, but yeah, fuck off too.

Yeh, that'll be it fella... I'm paranoid, cos you're all uptight and guarded about answering a perfectly reasonable question in my OG post. 🤡

I started running when I was about to turn 60. I'd stopped playing competitive sport, because of injury, when I was 26. I'm 66 next month and have run 4 marathons since 2018. I can honestly say I f**king hate running. I keep doing it at this stage because I'm afraid I'll completely seize up if I stop now.
try cycling. I'm off to Ventoux Thursday with a group of mates to climb mountains for four days. One of the guys is 62, he'll probably go at his own pace but we'll meet at breaks etc. I also cycle locally with an ex-national champion, he's over 60 and still bosses rides, a true legend who really pushes me.

If you don't like the thought of road riding then MTB or gravel is excellent, I did King Alfred's Way over a couple of days last year. 350km on some decent gravel tracks – look it up. Beautiful views!!!

I'll just give the pigs the old serpentine pattern and they will miss. But if a dog has gun - that's a whole different situation
A dog and a gun. Reminds me of a joke...

A guy finds a monkey up in a tree in his yard. Not knowing how to get rid of it himself he calls the best monkey catcher in town. Soon a guy arrives with a stick, handcuffs, a chihuahua, and a gun.

"Lookee here," says the monkey catcher as he hands the guy the gun and the handcuffs, "I'm going to go up in the tree and poke the monkey with the stick. As soon as he falls off the tree this here trained chihuahua is going to bite his balls. The moment the monkey grabs his balls, you slap the handcuffs on him."

"Sounds simple enough," says the guy. "But what do I do with the gun?"

"If I fall off the tree first, shoot the chihuahua."

I'll go get my coat....

You'd have to be mental to go for the player scoring and assisting less in Ligue 1 than the PL proven player.

The only way you'd go for the former is if the price reflected the risk - which it doesn't

Back
Top Bottom