Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can see him developing into a Rice-type.

The 21-year only signed for the Clarets last summer, in a £12million move from Stoke.
Originally from Ireland, Collins came through at Dublin-based club Cherry Orchard before moving to Stoke as a youngster.
Primarily a centre-back, Collins has also played at right-back and could prove a useful option in Wolves' defence, as Bruno Lage chases his first signing of the summer.
Reports have suggested talks are ongoing over a £20.5million deal for the defender who has six appearances and one goal for the senior Republic of Ireland national squad, after making his debut in October last year.
In an impressive first season in the Premier League with Burnley, he made 19 appearances and scored two goals.
Physically he is elite.
Remember him playing against Liverpool in champ lge for Napoli. Couldn’t cope with Salah at all.
Certainly nowhere near Rudiger

You'd have to be mental to go for the player scoring and assisting less in Ligue 1 than the PL proven player.

The only way you'd go for the former is if the price reflected the risk - which it doesn't

Absolutely there is some sort of weird fetish for players from foreign leagues, and honestly I probably have been part of that in my time.

Buying the likes of Bissouma and Richarlison is far better than Slavic and Isak because the risk factor is just so much higher with the second pair. You know the base level of Bissouma.

In the case of AM’s to me Maddison stands out, he was incredible last season. I’d rather lump £80m on him than £70m on Paqueta if we are overpaying for an AM becuase one player has almost no risk factor.

But I am not a scout, they may decide the high risk is worth taking.

100m Euros .
[/QUOTE]
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Remember him playing against Liverpool in champ lge for Napoli. Couldn’t cope with Salah at all.
Certainly nowhere near Rudiger
It’s funny how that one game is like the building block of so many peoples’ opinion of Koulibaly. One or two performances v English opposition aren’t a good predictor of how good a player will be if/when they get here, Ndombele is proof of that with how good he looked for Lyon v City.

It’s funny how that one game is like the building block of so many peoples’ opinion of Koulibaly. One or two performances v English opposition aren’t a good predictor of how good a player will be if/when they get here, Ndombele is proof of that with how good he looked for Lyon v City.
Or like how people mocked Chelsea for signing Thiago Silva after some disappointing CL performances against English teams.

Fast forward a few weeks after he has adapted to the league and a lot of people ended up having to backtrack on those words.

I'm sure none of the players at the club, the staff, or Conte give a flying fuck what that fat dopey scottish bastard has to say.

Fuck off Nicol you haggis fucking fuckwit

Even Burley recognized that Conte used the same regime at Juve, Inter and Chavs and saw little wrong.

Fastso Nicol is just living in the past.

Just to add, and i am nowhere near the fitness of any football player, but living eight months of the year here in Florida, eighty odd percent humidity is impossible to walk in, let along train as the team is doing.

Hard fucking work, sapping and just like walking in a shower as anyone who has experienced humidity in the high eighties will testify.

Since we all watch highlight reels during transfer windows, am I alone in my frustration of clips cutting a move/attack off before it's finished. Player X makes a great move to get himself into open space or in on goal, THEN.........video immediately cuts to the next clip. Does anybody else assume the worst happened and that Player X completely blew the great opportunity that he just created for himself?

Even Burley recognized that Conte used the same regime at Juve, Inter and Chavs and saw little wrong.

Fastso Nicol is just living in the past.

Just to add, and i am nowhere near the fitness of any football player, but living eight months of the year here in Florida, eighty odd percent humidity is impossible to walk in, let along train as the team is doing.

Hard fucking work, sapping and just like walking in a shower as anyone who has experienced humidity in the high eighties will testify.
I lived in Qatar for 2 years. 9 months of the year the weather was beautiful, the other 3 months were He'll on Earth! Temperatures in excess of 50C with humidity over 90%. At 5am I used to walk 15 seconds from the front of my apartment to my Ute and I would be soaked through with sweat by the time I got to the motor. I sweated so much the salt rotted my work clothes eventually.

Northern Queensland was the same, though slightly cooler at around 45C when I worked in Weipa. Cloncurry was hotter, but very dry heat, so was easier to handle.

Dry heat is relatively easy to handle, you just make sure you hydrate properly, but humid heat is virtually unbearable with the amount of electrolytes you lose. I was going through 2 packs of diarolyte a week in Qatar to replenish, along with 24 litres (no that's not an exaggeration) of water a day!

Back
Top Bottom