Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe not but at the very fucking least, you could confine all talk of the opposition to the fucking general football threads. PLEASE.

Sick of reading about the scum on a spurs thread.

Don't make me get out the bin hammer.

"Just use the ignore button" ..... Wasn't that your advice re: all the SC bitching. ?

:D

Maybe not but at the very fucking least, you could confine all talk of the opposition to the fucking general football threads. PLEASE.

I agree just post that stuff in the relevant thread. Which is not the Spurs thread.

I give zero fucks who anyone else gets. If we win something it’s because of how good we are and despite however good the opposition might be. So i only read the Spurs transfer thread, which, one would expect, is about our potential and actual transfers, not other clubs.

Good point…

What’s the latest on Djed Spence… I understand he’s ‘close’

:levyeyes:

Sounds like you had a hard on while typing that. He’s overpriced and he doesn’t strengthen the scum. Also it’s cringe to praise the chavs.
Ah yes, because thinking that rivals signings are shit and ours are always brilliant makes you a fan nowadays... Grow up for fucks sake, that's what got us in the mess that we were in the first place.

Do we need another CB?

Seems to be a narrative building on twitter that our fans aren't happy right now because we 'missed out' on Koulibaly.

Would you be happy to go into the season with our current defence or do we need another?
Yes because we need to make the squad as strong as possible, nothing to do with the blue scumbags.

Do we need another CB?

Seems to be a narrative building on twitter that our fans aren't happy right now because we 'missed out' on Koulibaly.

Would you be happy to go into the season with our current defence or do we need another?

Only if the right one becomes available, we don't need to be buying more CBs for the sake of it.

But yeah if someone class and realistic does become available, we should.

I'm still hoping we'll ship out Tanganga and bring in Pau Torres.

Bissouma is better than Hojbjerg, who in my opinion was actually wildly inconsistent last season. Perisic is on a completely different level than Sessegnon, he's only missed 3 games through injury in each of the last two seasons. We've always had a really good starting XI, what we've missed has been depth - signings like Richarlison and Lenglet provide that. I kind of get your point but think we've been clever, for me at the moment assuming our last signing is Spence it would be an 7.5/10 window. Missing out on Bastoni/Gvardiol is a blow but we'll go again for them next year, tbh I would have preferred someone better than Spence at RWB but there don't look to be too many top quality players available in that position.
We've also never had a good back up for Kane and Son if injured. If they both are out we have versatile squad to play 352 as well.

People keep saying we have had a great window but I have my doubts. The best 11 players we finished the season with are still the best 11 in my opinion. You could argue Perisic is better than Sess but how many games will he be fit for? You could argue that Bissouma is better than Hojberg but will he be as consistent? Richarleson instead of our front 3? No thanks. Lenglet in over Davis? No way! At the start of the window we needed two world class wingbacks. Well, we still do. It’s very important in the system Conte wants to play so he will feel gutted

Our starting 11 was pretty fucking good for half a season. The problem with it was we bare had 11. The rest of them were piss poor.

Perisic is miles better for LWB then either Sess or Reg. Bissouma is one of the best CM in Europe right now.
Richarlison can slot in up front anywhere so any of the others can be rotated. Which they will have to.
Forster is a more capable deputy for Lloris AND fills a HG slot that Golini didn't.
I can't comment on Lenglet as I feel he's gonna struggle and end up on the bench but we will see.

How is our team not stronger?

So who is a top CB, who is available and would come to us?

Not arguing your point on squad strengthening, but if you gonna call that stuff, you gots to back it up, brosef!
Well don't know who would come to us until we've made an approach but Torres who we have been linked with as a release clause of 50 million.

gdUWxLa.jpg

:levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom