Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
He is 100% guilty. Whether they can make it stick is another matter

I say this because at that level. These traders don’t gamble. They pay well and cultivate all the right relationships to get the all important data before they place their ‘bets’

What pisses me off is …. He can’t use any of that sneaky trading to boost our coffers ? No just friends and family!!! How contemptuous is he towards this club !!
Please refuse jury duty if ever you are called up.

You didn't think what he has done previously is clear cut?

does it get more "clear cut" then sacking a manager 6 days before a cup final. The man didn't want to pay a bonus for potentially winning a cup so sacked him.

Money over cups, money over having a decent squad, money over everything.
Worse was what he did to BMJ I think he’s as slippery as they come but with transfers …. I think there’s times he has put the money there and the manager or ‘scouts’ have been culpable

It appears we had a good go for bastoni. I believe he did back conte …. Conte wanted to keep dier. Get lenglet and never drop hojbjerg

Mourinho who knows with him

But this is clear as day. We need 2 goid CBs. They’re the 2 the club have decided upon

All he has to do is make these deals happen. This one would be a fucking travesty to ignore

It’s time we started acting like a big dick in the window.

Leverkusen asking for €50M that’s £42M

That’s not even bad give Wolfsburg £40M

Okay it’s 82M but that’s your fucking defence for 10 years
Leverkusen aren't asking for 50m, the journalist is just speculating that it would take a large offer over 50m to even make the question their "not for sale" stance.

From the article:
"Only an immoral offer above 50 million euros could lead him to at least question this point of view."

Please refuse jury duty if ever you are called up.
I’ve worked in the industry… I’ve seen it happen. Like all the time

Edit. I’ll give you a little anecdote… I was long the trainline. There was enough in its favour to recover its beaten down price

But it just didn’t do what it was meant to… the price always seemed under pressure … unnaturally so

So I had a look round and found that George sorros was short … and with some conviction… and I couldn’t find out why he was so sure the trainline price was going to drop

And I really researched. Spoke to a few friends that might have a clue. Nothing

Then few months later the government announced they were going to trial their own digital ticketing service …. Why when it’s all private I’ve no clue but that wasn’t the point

The point was he knew months in advance of a highly impacting event that was going to materially harm the trainline business

What government lacky fed him that juicy tidbit?

He won. I lost

He also cheated

Last edited:
Leverkusen aren't asking for 50m, the journalist is just speculating that it would take a large offer over 50m to even make the question their "not for sale" stance.

From the article:
"Only an immoral offer above 50 million euros could lead him to at least question this point of view."
An immoral offer eh???

Now they're speaking our language!

:levywhoa:

The Express reports that Bayern are considering mentioning Benjamin Pavard in negotiations, with the Liverpool and Manchester City-linked defender set to leave the Allianz Arena this summer.

Yes yes before the crybabies start to cry I know the Express isn't a quality source.

The problem is he's apparently a RCB

The Express reports that Bayern are considering mentioning Benjamin Pavard in negotiations, with the Liverpool and Manchester City-linked defender set to leave the Allianz Arena this summer.

Yes yes before the crybabies start to cry I know the Express isn't a quality source.

The problem is he's apparently a RCB
Other reports dispute saying he’s out of the question. They would give up Upamecano first.

We don’t want either tbh

hmmm 82 Million sure....but we could also get Lenglet for about 4 million and Philips for 5 mill and he'll be worth 40 million plus in 5 years! :levylol:
The thing is though, levy isn’t stupid. He must know we’re not gonna be successful with Dier Lenglet he goes to games too has eyes

I know people will say ‘oh he won’t care once the club makes money’ etc

The club would make more fucking money if we’re successful

Look on the positive side……you wait a long time for a bus and then 3 come along at the same time.
Well, by this time next week Levy will have bought 3 new coaches for travelling to away games.

does it get more "clear cut" then sacking a manager 6 days before a cup final. The man didn't want to pay a bonus for potentially winning a cup so sacked him.

Is that true. The bonus for the cup win. Seriously. I can’t even begin to see the logic in that considering he paid him 15m for the year

Unless you know this true I’m inclined not to believe it

So how did he engineer the CL final loss, Semifinal losses to Portsmouth, Man U, Chelsea,

How on earth did he manage to engineer a loss to Norwich back in 2019, Sheff United last year?

The thing is though, levy isn’t stupid. He must know we’re not gonna be successful with Dier Lenglet he goes to games too has eyes

I know people will say ‘oh he won’t care once the club makes money’ etc

The club would make more fucking money if we’re successful
I think they have an optimum level of success, based on risk/reward, where ideally we achieve it with as minimal an outlay as possible.

The peak that we can expect from that model is consistent top 4, that's what Levy wants. He'd absolutley be delighted if we won the league, but the financial risk incurred to challenge for that consistently would be huge, and there's very little guarantee of being successful.

A season or two outside of CL doesn't matter too much, but if we were ever falling way short consistently I'd expect to see them pull their finger out, likewise for any more serious threat to their cash cow, for example the 2 points from 8 games debacle where relegation wasn't out of the question and we saw a pretty big January splurge.

Sad fact is, it's not the prospect of success that will see us open our wallet, it's the threat of failure.

From the article:
Club have known the price they are asking for weeks.

They have known they won’t pay it for weeks as well.

This one was always “we tried”.

At least we have a back up plan with Lenglet

Club have known the price they are asking for weeks.

They have known they won’t pay it for weeks as well.

This one was always “we tried”.

At least we have a back up plan with Lenglet
I mean. Of all the CBs. This is the one we’ve chosen. I’d like to assume a solid amount of DD has gone into this decision

We also knew we’d be on the backfoot come negotiations … he’s plenty left on his contract and isn’t for sale

So … why did we bother if we’re just going to fuck around and be cheap. What was the point

If that’s who we think is the best fit for our side. Then you gotta pay a premium to prize him away

Big clubs do this

Back
Top Bottom