Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think for VdV it was close. Personal terms agreed, he had flown here to meet the club and Ange, it's seems everyone thought the deal would go through. Since then nada, zilch, fuck all going on. ......Weird.

Meh. Romano broke the VDV news. Since VDV is a Raiola client, I always thought it was more agent talk anything.

I wonder if Leverkusen and Wolfsburg are delaying any deals for Taps and VdV until they see what happens with Kane. They know they can bump up the price by up to 10 mill if Spurs receive a massive cash injection from selling Kane. Football is full of sharks

I wonder if Leverkusen and Wolfsburg are delaying any deals for Taps and VdV until they see what happens with Kane. They know they can bump up the price by up to 10 mill if Spurs receive a massive cash injection from selling Kane. Football is full of sharks

Guess we'll find out soon

For the past few weeks, claims from Turkey have stated Galatasaray vice-president Erden Timur had held talks with Tottenham Hotspur over a deal for Victor Nelsson. The Turkish club want €25m which Spurs haven’t matched yet.

Earlier this month, En Son Haber reported the north London club could offer €15m plus Davinson Sánchez in exchange for the 24-year-old.

A latest report from Sabah states the Istanbul haven’t accepted Tottenham’s offer for the centre-back.

Last summer, Galatasaray convinced Nelsson to stay for one more season after Atalanta and Sevilla showed interest. He was vital in their title winning campaign and had set his sights on moving to the Premier League this summer, where Spurs want to sign him.
The Denmark international failed to impress in his side’s 2-2 draw against Zalgiris Vilnius in the Champions League qualifiers on Tuesday. Galatasaray manager Okan Buruk was critical of the defender, stating that it was the “worst game of his life.”
It’s claimed the reason for his poor display is because the transfer to Spurs ‘did not take place’. The details of Tottenham’s offer aren’t mentioned but the report says it didn’t meet the fee requested by the Turkish club.

The report’s title reads; ‘Nelson’s mind [is] at Tottenham’, suggesting he’s still keen on a move to London.

Sabah journalist Bülent Timurlenk has defended the Dane’s latest poor performance.

“His mind is on the transfer, that’s why he played like that,” he said.

Timurlenk was also unhappy with Buruk’s remarks and also the criticism from a section of the club’s supporters towards Nelsson on social media.

I mean. Of all the CBs. This is the one we’ve chosen. I’d like to assume a solid amount of DD has gone into this decision

We also knew we’d be on the backfoot come negotiations … he’s plenty left on his contract and isn’t for sale

So … why did we bother if we’re just going to fuck around and be cheap. What was the point

If that’s who we think is the best fit for our side. Then you gotta pay a premium to prize him away

Big clubs do this
Absolutely

Also the exact reason why I never thought they would do it

What is wrong with Upamecano????? He was the hipsters hero a few years ago, the dogs wotsits, a modern day genius of a defender, full of hype like Tapsoba is now.
He's not as good as initially advertised. He's still good obviously. but Playing next to Orban at Leipzig covered a lot of his inidividual mistakes that he hasn't eliminated from his game.

What is wrong with Upamecano????? He was the hipsters hero a few years ago, the dogs wotsits, a modern day genius of a defender, full of hype like Tapsoba is now.
What’s wrong with Upamecano - You mean from ENIC’s perspective? He’s on 200K a week that’s what’s wrong with him.

In all seriousness - I’ve heard from a Bayern supporter friend that Upamecano is staying at the club. They are looking to potentially move Pavard and Hernandez - not Upamecano.

Guess we'll find out soon

I still maintaun it's just a bizarre and pointless move for Kane.
Next to nobody will rate a Bundesliga title, which could be Bayern Munich's even if they gave all their opponents a 10 point lead.

In my opunion, it's 50:50 whether it is considrered a success, even if Kane scores a ton of goals.

Simply nobodyvwill give it any credence.

Very odd.

Back
Top Bottom