Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I still maintaun it's just a bizarre and pointless move for Kane.

Next to nobody will rate a Bundesliga title, which could be Bayern Munich's even if they gave all their opponents a 10 point lead.

In my opunion, it's 50:50 whether it is considreres a success, even if Kane scores a ton of goals.

Very odd.

Didn't you know?

For Kane to be considered great, he has to lift a trophy.

What do you think of Tapsoba? As good as Upamecano at Leipzig?
They have similar profiles but I get the impression that Tapsoba is better in the air than Upamecano.

Upamecano did produce a splendid blooper reel against City in the CL however.

Next to nobody will rate a Bundesliga title, which could be Bayern Munich's even if they gave all their opponents a 10 point lead.

In my opunion, it's 50:50 whether it is considrered a success, even if Kane scores a ton of goals.

Simply nobodyvwill give it any credence.

Very odd.
Tuchel has obviously sold him the vision of winning the CL there, let's face it, he has won it before, with a squad (Chelsea) that had no real right of going that far when you look at the squad front to back, and people on here have said "oh he'll never win the CL with Bayern" but that seems obtuse to me, yeah you wouldn't have them as the very favourites, but literally any team that gets itself to the QF has a good chance of winning the whole thing, there's a good amount of champions in the past 20 years who were not fancied at all to go all the way and win it. You only have to be better than an opponent over 2 games leading to a final, and anyone has a chance of winning a one-off game if you go all the way.
EDIT: In fact, Inter fucking Milan were in the final last season, and if a couple of those half chances had gone Lukaku's name it could've been their name on the trophy. At the QF stage they were probably only the 2nd least favoured team to win the whole thing to AC Milan.

Quite a few people who have watched Tapsoba say his biggest weakness is in the air. Same with VdV.......surprising considering how tall both are

Some people have based their aerial ability on statistics as opposed to watching. Which isn't too smart.

It could simply have been that the defenders preferred to put themselves in a foot race with the attacker knowing their pace would see them win the duel.

I know everyone wants a CB, but I genuinely think it’s a bullet dodged with Van de Ven if they’re asking for such a fee.

I maintain that he is not going to fix our defense.

[RATING][/RATING]
Tuchel has obviously sold him the vision of winning the CL there, let's face it, he has won it before, with a squad (Chelsea) that had no real right of going that far when you look at the squad front to back, and people on here have said "oh he'll never win the CL with Bayern" but that seems obtuse to me, yeah you wouldn't have them as the very favourites, but literally any team that gets itself to the QF has a good chance of winning the whole thing, there's a good amount of champions in the past 20 years who were not fancied at all to go all the way and win it. You only have to be better than an opponent over 2 games leading to a final, and anyone has a chance of winning a one-off game if you go all the way.

I can understand that mate. And it's fair to say Kane won't get it with us in the next year and probably more.

What hacks me off however is that the bloke hss had a few chances with us and England. Nothing.

I wonder what Louis Saha and Ryan Nelson are up to these days?

Cheeky couple of loan moves perhaps ?

Would solve our CB and striker issues if Kane leaves

Get it done Daniel

Unless they are holding off on moving until the Kane situation is sorted, the dithering regarding getting a CB in is rapidly becoming unacceptable.

It’s the one position that everyone knew needed upgrading and whoever we end up signing will very likely have zero preseason with the club.

In my opunion, it's 50:50 whether it is considrered a success, even if Kane scores a ton of goals.

Simply nobodyvwill give it any credence.

Very odd.
That's his concern, for us getting some money for him now and him out of the prem is a good outcome.

Kane isnt signing a new deal - We have to sell him this summer. £100m is a superb deal.

If we keep him for one more season, what does that really achieve? We're delaying the inevitable.

Sell him for £100m, sign a new striker and 2 cbs. Move on.

Oh that is the point mate.

That’s like being in the market for a new car, you wouldn’t walk into a second hand dealer, slap your hard earned savings on the table and saying anything will do, I don’t need to see it or drive it just give me it.

Let’s be sensible here.
No. Sorry. Obviously I wasn’t clear enough. I’ll spell it out

I’m not saying I’m disappointed to be or not be signing vdv or tapsoba. I’d never heard of either and I’d hazard a guess most spurs fans hadn’t.

The point I made was I (and probably the other fans voicing their disapproval) dislike the fact spurs haven’t signed ‘spurs first choice CB (A) and ‘spurs first choice CB (B)

The point I’m making is I’m disappointed in spurs not delivering on their first choices

They’ve identified them for good reason one hopes. Now make it happen

What they’re actually called means absolutely nothing to me

Sorry you had to write so much stuff about second hand cars

Unless they are holding off on moving until the Kane situation is sorted, the dithering regarding getting a CB in is rapidly becoming unacceptable.

It’s the one position that everyone knew needed upgrading and whoever we end up signing will very likely have zero preseason with the club.
I think it’s even worse than that mate.

They’re holding off on moving for a CB until the Davinson Sanchez situation is sorted out.

Yes, really. We are in full sell-to-buy mode and yet we have only made headway on Winks and Sanchez, and the latter’s move has apparently been vetoed as it’s with a Russian club. We’re 5 senior players over the squad limit as it stands.

Can’t make this up.

I think for VdV it was close. Personal terms agreed, he had flown here to meet the club and Ange, it's seems everyone thought the deal would go through. Since then nada, zilch, fuck all going on. ......Weird.
It’s not weird. I imagine it will be levy not paying what the boy is worth or trying to be creative with how much and when it gets paid and Wolfsburg have just fucked it off. He’s a little cunt 🤣

Back
Top Bottom