Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
This window is rapidly turning into a shambles.

I suspect Tosin will get done before the first game but won't be integrated so we'll start Romero + Davies and concede a shedload.

Levy will then panic buy on deadline day and end up paying the 40m for Tapsoba he could just pay today.
Yes to all of that, except it won't be Tapsoba it'll be Lenglet or equivalent.

I think it’s even worse than that mate.

They’re holding off on moving for a CB until the Davinson Sanchez situation is sorted out.

Yes, really. We are in full sell-to-buy mode and yet we have only made headway on Winks and Sanchez, and the latter’s move has apparently been vetoed as it’s with a Russian club. We’re 5 senior players over the squad limit as it stands.

Can’t make this up.
Why is the sanchez move causing an issue. It’s £13 million max which will not be paid upfront. £13 million Tottenham is like a Mars bar to us. It’s absolutely fuck all.

I still maintaun it's just a bizarre and pointless move for Kane.
Next to nobody will rate a Bundesliga title, which could be Bayern Munich's even if they gave all their opponents a 10 point lead.

In my opunion, it's 50:50 whether it is considrered a success, even if Kane scores a ton of goals.

Simply nobodyvwill give it any credence.

Very odd.

If Kane goes there he will score bags of goals, win easy domestic trophies and be a serious contender in the knockout phase of the CL.

After years of sweating his bollocks off with us only to win less than West Ham, surely you can understand why he is interested? He wants the feeling of wearing a winners medal and not the feeling of losing 6-1 to Newcastle.

Quite a few people who have watched Tapsoba say his biggest weakness is in the air. Same with VdV.......surprising considering how tall both are
His stats before this season had him in the top 15-20% in the air.
The knock on him aerially is because he hasn’t needed to do much in the air last season.

VDV is meant be be awful in the air

No. Sorry. Obviously I wasn’t clear enough. I’ll spell it out

I’m not saying I’m disappointed to be or not be signing vdv or tapsoba. I’d never heard of either and I’d hazard a guess most spurs fans hadn’t.

The point I made was I (and probably the other fans voicing their disapproval) dislike the fact spurs haven’t signed ‘spurs first choice CB (A) and ‘spurs first choice CB (B)

The point I’m making is I’m disappointed in spurs not delivering on their first choices

They’ve identified them for good reason one hopes. Now make it happen

What they’re actually called means absolutely nothing to me

Sorry you had to write so much stuff about second hand cars
I don’t get why this is a difficult concept for ppl to grasp

His stats before this season had him in the top 15-20% in the air.
The knock on him aerially is because he hasn’t needed to do much in the air last season.

VDV is meant be be awful in the air
VDV is quick though, which means he can recover to defend when opponents play that ball over the top that is killing us at the moment.
With the space we are leaving behind the defence we are going to get murdered by Premier teams.

I don’t get why this is a difficult concept for ppl to grasp
I don’t get why people don’t get a lot of things …. I had one the other day where in the end I just thought bollox to ya

There’s plenty I don’t engage with because I know it’s a total waste of time

Saying that in the minority are some very smart posters and they make the board worthwhile

I don’t understand why suddenly Tapsoba and Van de Ven are the only CBs in Europe.

Lukeba? Hancko? Both left-footed.

I like that we identified our targets early.

Everything beyond that though has been disastrous. We've taken out eye off the ball and we're lucky that no other clubs have stepped in tbh.

Back
Top Bottom