Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Maybe Paratici listed those as the best two.
If that’s actually true I might set all of my slightly embarrassing amount of Spurs shirts in my closet (9) on fire.

Why the fuck is the man banned from football who resigned from our club involved with us at all? Why does he have any influence over our decisions whatsoever?

If this is still a shadow Paratici operation let’s just bin it all. That’s legitimately indefensible.

If kane goes to Germany it won't be for the deal that's being said. Can only see him having a season maybe season and a half out there. He would want to get the Premier league record and Bayern would want some money back before he is past his best. Why would u move all your family to Germany when building a mansion here. It really really is a strange move if it comes off and will be talked about in many many years when he's finished playing

I like that we identified our targets early.

Everything beyond that though has been disastrous. We've taken out eye off the ball and we're lucky that no other clubs have stepped in tbh.
Yeah, though I'm not sure if identifying who you definitely want and need early (and then crickets..) is actually better than just having no idea and throwing random darts..

I like that we identified our targets early.

Everything beyond that though has been disastrous. We've taken out eye off the ball and we're lucky that no other clubs have stepped in tbh.
I don’t think either of them are transformative targets so I question the talent ID. Tapsoba is great but you obviously would’ve known he has 3 years on his deal and Leverkusen have zero reason to sell. I could identify Jamal Musiala as a target too but that doesn’t make him realistic.

Meanwhile, Van de Ven has basically every red flag I look out for in center halves.

If that’s actually true I might set all of my slightly embarrassing amount of Spurs shirts in my closet (9) on fire.

Why the fuck is the man banned from football who resigned from our club involved with us at all? Why does he have any influence over our decisions whatsoever?

If this is still a shadow Paratici operation let’s just bin it all. That’s legitimately indefensible.
Exactly and the rumours persist that Levy is consulting him and no one knows when Scott Munn starts his job.

Apparently both Ajax and Fiorentina are after Sutalo. Wonder if we should be in for him too. Especially if Levy insists on not paying for VDV and Tapsoba.

With the space we are leaving behind the defence we are going to get murdered by Premier teams.
Exactly, it's a disaster waiting to happen unless we get a good and fast CB. We also need Vicario to come out and be a sweeper keeper.

Another issue I see if we do get at least one CB ie VDV, he'll need time to establish a partnership with Romero, so we don't want to have their first game together to be in the PL.

We also need to have a good offside play practiced like Villa had against us last season.

Oh that is the point mate.

That’s like being in the market for a new car, you wouldn’t walk into a second hand dealer, slap your hard earned savings on the table and saying anything will do, I don’t need to see it or drive it just give me it.

Let’s be sensible here.
This is such a stupid analogy.

We’re not buying the player, the club are.

What some of our fans are saying is that we have an obvious need for a CB, and if the club’s scouting system has identified Tapsoba and VDV as the best targets for that position, we’d like them to execute on that scouting and bring them in.

No one is claiming to have watched Tapsoba play multiple games from what I’ve seen or playing head scout.

We are relying on the scouting system our club operates to identify top targets, and then asking that what we define as a £5-10m overpay does not scupper our desire to bring those top targets to the club.

It’s really simple, you’re just making it confusing.

Anyway, I still feel like we’ll get one of them. Probably VDV.

I still maintaun it's just a bizarre and pointless move for Kane.
Next to nobody will rate a Bundesliga title, which could be Bayern Munich's even if they gave all their opponents a 10 point lead.

In my opunion, it's 50:50 whether it is considrered a success, even if Kane scores a ton of goals.

Simply nobodyvwill give it any credence.

Very odd.
And what is he wins the CL + ballon d'or?

Sorry, slightly unrelated but why don’t we have another friendly for 9 days?!
I don't think we need to play loads and loads of friendlies, we had 5 scheduled and will now have 4 (barring an impromptu friendly being arranged this week) which should be plenty to gain match sharpness among the first team group, we are better off not galavanting halfway around the world IMO and spending as much time at Hotspur Way drilling as possible. Think the Shakhtar friendly is at home so we only travel for Barcelona away in August by which time we will hopefully be looking decently cohesive?

This is such a stupid analogy.

We’re not buying the player, the club are.

What some of our fans are saying is that we have an obvious need for a CB, and if the club’s scouting system has identified Tapsoba and VDV as the best targets for that position, we’d like them to execute on that scouting and bring them in.

No one is claiming to have watched Tapsoba play multiple games from what I’ve seen or playing head scout.

We are relying on the scouting system our club operates to identify top targets, and then asking that what we define as a £5-10m overpay does not scupper our desire to bring those top targets to the club.

It’s really simple, you’re just making it confusing.

Anyway, I still feel like we’ll get one of them. Probably VDV.
You know the club has fans conditioned to accept their ways when the vast majority expect it to be VDV that gets done because he’s the cheaper one of the 2.

I don’t think either of them are transformative targets so I question the talent ID. Tapsoba is great but you obviously would’ve known he has 3 years on his deal and Leverkusen have zero reason to sell. I could identify Jamal Musiala as a target too but that doesn’t make him realistic.

Yeah but Musiala is alot more unrealistic than Tapsoba.

He's more than gettable. We just don't want to pull the trigger.

Meanwhile, Van de Ven has basically every red flag I look out for in center halves.

He's a good prospect. Rapid, good brave passer and left footed. Those are three green flags.

Some players are just suited. Botman was one who we were linked with in the past and I always thought he wasn't good enough. Came in and within the right system, helped transform Newcastle into having one of the best defensive records in the league.

We are going to be dominating the ball. 60%+ possession in most games. That puts less pressure on our defence. If having a fast centre back allows that high line to work more efficiently and the manager wants him, I'm okay with that.

I don't think we need to play loads and loads of friendlies, we had 5 scheduled and will now have 4 (barring an impromptu friendly being arranged this week) which should be plenty to gain match sharpness among the first team group, we are better off not galavanting halfway around the world IMO and spending as much time at Hotspur Way drilling as possible. Think the Shakhtar friendly is at home so we only travel for Barcelona away in August by which time we will hopefully be looking decently cohesive?

Ange says that every club he’s at they start slowly and it takes a few games to get his system in.

Surely it makes more sense to have as many of those games being friendly?

No amount of training can replace the questions another team can ask in a game situation…

Now, if they get training ground friendly games against champo or league 1 clubs??? That is more use than flying about the place I agreed

Back
Top Bottom