Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.

Even including Porro and Kulu, we are getting blown out the water by Bournemouth….

And this is meant to be a rebuild with a lot of player turnover.

Pathetic from Levy

Enic bot quickly disagreed with this post like a fucking clockwork

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

The truth of the matter is, in the modern market you pay more money on "potential" then you do on established players. Clubs pay for what a player could be rather then what he is at the moment. Thats why someone like Joao Felix got sold for 120M when he was at Benfica. Thats why Real Madrid are paying 50M for a 16 year old Endrick who has barely even produced for the first team of Palmeiras yet. The same way they did for Vinicious Jr and Rodrygo.

Granted they have been very successful with it thus far but naturally their will be misses as well. Regardless that is how todays market works.Hype and Potential generates more income and garnish a bigger paycheck to acquire.
Exactly this.

Pathetic from Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City then too.

Except there are no trophies for net spend. The aim is to improve the squad and out of all Bournemouths signings I’d only take Alex Scott at spurs. And yet on your silly logic if we had made all their signings we’d be doing « better » because we’d have a higher net spend.
City could have spent nothing and walked the League this season - I think if we were City fans we wouldn’t be worrying.

The Chelsea figure is an absurd accounting joke.

Liverpools fans are very pissed off with their owners.

Having said that though, I am comfortable that as per usual we will leave a portion of our business until the end of the window - to me this year it does t feel like it matters as much as I doubt we will be finishing any higher than 6th anyway so getting a couple of extra points in the opening weeks is neither here nor there. If the strategy this year means we get an extra player due to forcing lower fees elsewhere then I am all for it.

This is a proper transition season and my expectations are accordingly very low this year - would snap your hand off for 7th right now

There's been little hints of this since they had the blow-out on VVD and Alison...... Before this season, their avg net spend since 19/20 has been €35m (by comparison, ours has been €95m, Arse has been €119m).
They did their Poch run, let their team grow old together rather than rock the boat and now a big rebuild is needed

So they’ll probably do worse than last year then?

Probably if they don’t end up fixing it. Or as bad. They certainly won’t be where the fans or Klopp want them to be.

The owners will lose Klopp soon if they keep this up, and then they’ll fall off a lot.

Chelsea/City net spend has the massive question mark of they were actually able to shift all their deadwood.

There's been little hints of this since they had the blow-out on VVD and Alison...... Before this season, their avg net spend since 19/20 has been €35m (by comparison, ours has been €95m, Arse has been €119m).
Shows the power of having a long term manager with a long term strategy - ENIC’s number one failing.

They made the most of the Coutinho money - his career has been dogshit since. They seemingly sold Mane at the right time also. Klopp knows what his side needs and doesn’t have to buy the new shiny shiny to sort it out. They of course have stinkers as well, I still laugh when I watch Darwin Nunez try and play football.

Another puerile post........... Go out and have a walk or something.
That’s quite rude by you. Who do you think you are making assessments on most peoples posts?
Are you a retired English teacher sitting with a Roget’s Thesaurus with nothing to do? Have a bit of respect for others please.

Yeah FSG have sat back and let Klopp squeeze everything out of that team for a while.

Probably if they don’t end up fixing it. Or as bad. They certainly won’t be where the fans or Klopp want them to be.

The owners will lose Klopp soon if they keep this up, and then they’ll fall off a lot.

Chelsea/City net spend has the massive question mark of they were actually able to shift all their deadwood.
City barely need to try, do you want to go and win a load of trophies and play under one of the best managers ever whilst earning great money - you will have to live in/near Manchester though, literally the only negative.

City’s prize money from last season would have easily paid the Gvardiol transfer fee also.

They are just like peak Fergie United where Due to the success of the team as a whole, they can sell their dross and always find a taker at a decent price. Wes Brown, John o pies, etc - there’s always a sunderland ready to shower them with money.

They’ve had a pathetic preseason but they might do as well as last season in the most competitive league in the world tm ?

Hmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom