Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
While I think it’s good people are using their voice to protest on this issue, comparing prices to 41 years ago isn’t a great argument.

This.

I support any drive to push prices down; but shit arguments like that only serve to weaken the cause.

The fact is thanks to 42 years of inflation; most things are 4/5 times the price now.

Pint of beer
Cinema ticket
Concert ticket
Packet of fags is more than 10 times the price now.

Last edited:
Mid window?

Are you still thinking we should wait and see if our TW is as ambitious as our worst rivals?

We both know how this window ends….

Eze rumours are the tell tale sign. Public links to a player that we all know we aren’t ever seriously trying to sign.

You're having a mare of a start to the day.... No-one will hold it against you if you wanna hit the re-set button.

You misunderstood.

1. That was said with a part exhange for Dier in mind.... It would mean they're 'paying' less for Dier.

2. The 20% means that any diff. between their asking price and the bid price is actually less from CPs perspective.
:mourwhat:
I think you misunderstand me. There is no way that the 20% sell on clause helps us in any way as someone else seemed to be suggesting, yes 20% of £60m is more than giving away 20% of £50m, but so is the 80% that they keep...

There's no tipping point where Palace turn round and say, "whoaaa boys, we don't want any more than that, in fact offer less if anything..."

Bottom line is that the bigger the bid, the more money Palace get, they have no reason to minimise the fee. I was actually agreeing with your point initially, there's no reason why Palace would just see 2x their original outlay as fair and sell for that, they will simply get as much as possible.

It’s a pity Laporte isn’t interested.

I know he’s injury prone but he could have been really useful for us.
I bet he was interested and then...

Oil Well Fire GIF

I don’t think pointing to bad signings like Maguire and Solanke as a reference point really help your argument. They are reasons to be cautious about spending big money.

I’m not against Orban, I just think 20m should be the base fee and anything more should be tied up in performance related add ons so the risk is shared. If Orban can’t perform for an attacking side in the PL then his maximum value is about 20m - no club in another league is spending more on him.

Note that we are the only club that seems to be in for him. No big club is sniffing around and the Dortmunds, Leipzigs and Benficas of this world don’t seem to be seriously interested either.
You don’t understand TCO sadly, let me give you a lesson.

Orban - 20M with 10M add ons, four deal on 30k per week = 26M total deal value across four years.

f all risk. If he’s a success, we pay 10M add ons and treble his salary…. If he flops, we sell him for 10M and have lost c.11.5M (10M on the fee and salary for a year).

The upside is massive for an 11M risk

Ferguson is never happening.

Recently signed a new 6 year deal and at the perfect club for his development.

He's destined for somewhere like City once Haaland moves on.

Our scouts seem well versed in Ireland so we should always be looking for the next Ferguson.

Well versed? I’m from Ireland and people have been talking about Ferguson since he was 14 and playing for Bohs. Well versed my arse

Scarlett, Veliz, Parrott, Donley, Soonsup-Bell, we already have 5 striker projects, do we need another one really?
Yes because our current 1st choice striker is a donkey that can’t hit a barn door, has the first touch of a wooden plank and runs around harem scarem accomplishing fuck all unless you count yellow cards for goals he doesn’t even score because he was offside.

Did I mention he cost nearly £60 m?

Yes because our current 1st choice striker is a donkey that can’t hit a barn door, has the first touch of a wooden plank and runs around harem scarem accomplishing fuck all unless you count yellow cards for goals he doesn’t even score because he was offside.

Expert diver too

FiWwMLwWAAARTk1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom