Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not a gotcha, more like a bit of honesty.

Should we play the same game with Eze that we did for Tapsoba?

Again, I’m saying Eze is never happening this window and I find the public links right now to be curious because anyone that knows our chairman knows it’s not happening.
Levy won't allow that type of money to be spent.
One of the reasons Ange has got the job, is because, he can work with additional options, music to levys ears and wallet.

They can't be a part of the CL, so it stands to reason that the Super League would rival the CL in interest if the biggest clubs were a part of it. Need proof - look what they did with LIV Golf. Started buying all the best players, got TV deals, and then essentially bought the PGA a year later. The Saudi's will buy as much talent as they can and then make the argument that they are one of the best leagues in the world. Then we'd likely see Al-Hilal and Al-Nassar in the SL
Unlike LIV, the Saudi League is like the PGA senior tour - Are non Saudi players under 30 even allowed in the Saudi League [saracsm]?

When I start seeing players at the top of their game (Mbappe, Kane) sign for them, I’ll start paying attention. Otherwise, it’s been before - Pele to the U.S. - Lineker to Japan - M Dembele to China - and it’s failed each time …

Would recommend people watch his games vs West Ham. Good link play in both games, wasn't lights-out brilliant, but ran himself into the ground and played well.
If I could find them anywhere, I probably would.

People have been impressed by him in those games.

Did he give you the impression of a player that can be a prolific prem striker?

Todd must think that there is something else coming that will save their ass down the line, another version of the ESL or something.
Regardless of FFP, Boehly, who has never been more than a front-man, is spending way more than he’s earning. Chelsea have never been able to turn on field success info commercial revenue. Boehly is already looking for an additional cash injection into the club. They’re not sustainable and haven’t been since Roman bought them. Boehly’s syndicate are not in this for glory. They’ll be gone in five years or the money will dry up.

Regardless of FFP, Boehly, who has never been more than a front-man, is spending way more than he’s earning. Chelsea have never been able to turn on field success info commercial revenue. Boehly is already looking for an additional cash injection into the club. They’re not sustainable and haven’t been since Roman bought them. Boehly’s syndicate are not in this for glory. They’ll be gone in five years or the money will dry up.
Boehly is spending Saudi money.

Then selling the players they want to move on to Saudi to receive the same money again…

There is clearly something else behind the motivations besides winning trophies. Chelsea already won trophies and as you say, it didn’t really get them very far

There's something about being English that prevents people from spotting Boehly for what he is: an idiot with no idea what he's doing.

There is no master plan there. He's acting like he knows more than everyone when he knows less. A creature endemic to the Coastal United States.

This exactly, they can claim that this window they're ok via this ridiculous loophole, but next season they are £135m down before they even think about signing anyone, and have committed themselves to the same scenario for the next 8 years, and that £135m will only increase as they will no doubt be signing more players in the meantime too.

They will either have to become a big money version of Dortmund, or continue to act as a player farming operation (which I thought was being clamped down on?) raking money back from loan fees consistently.

They can't just be banking on European football, I don;t see how any amount of financial success that is currently available could sustain them, didn't they barely manage to break even when they won CL recently? And even if that is what they're doing, won't their spending cause them to be sanctioned the moment they enter a European competition?

Todd must think that there is something else coming that will save their ass down the line, another version of the ESL or something.

WRT the fees being booked immediately, I cannot get my head around how the books can allow that to be the case for their sales but not also have to be the case for their signings. Fact is the money is not being received in one go, it will be spread just as their purchases are. Surely this inconsistency ust encourages "creative" bookkeeping? And surely with the amount of creativity going into Chelsea's financial records they HAVE to be breaking a ton of rules somewhere along the way???

Hope Liverpool snitching opens a huge can of worms for them, but why should it take a club complaining to get the FA to look into the blatantly obvious?
be interesting to see what happens in jan and next summer. if they are still shipping duds off to saudi then the conspiracy theory is probably true.

especially when saudi aint taking our fucking duds!!!!

If I could find them anywhere, I probably would.

People have been impressed by him in those games.

Did he give you the impression of a player that can be a prolific prem striker?

Ah, he looks like he could become one. The likes of Scamacca, Daka struggled, but may have done better elsewhere, might go on to do better elsewhere. United deemed Antony worth spending 90m on and he looks like a 20m player.. under Pep he'd probably look like a 50m player. Orban looks like a guy who could be 70m in a few years if he goes to Lille or Eintracht Frankfurt. Scouting people know more than we do, but a lot of buying players from smaller leagues is throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Even including Porro and Kulu, we are getting blown out the water by Bournemouth….

And this is meant to be a rebuild with a lot of player turnover.

Pathetic from Levy

We finished comfortable 8th last season, Kane sold for £100m , we can maintain our position in the English Premier League (EPL) for another season. No incentive to spend.

There's something about being English that prevents people from spotting Boehly for what he is: an idiot with no idea what he's doing.

There is no master plan there. He's acting like he knows more than everyone when he knows less. A creature endemic to the Coastal United States.

It's nothing to do with being English... It's just people being easily impressed by shiny things..... I'm assuming people from all nationalities suffer from it.

That's not what I wrote, a ESL will be reintroduced as the only means to counter the growing threat posed by Saudi. It's a conspiracy, man!

In return, Saudi will receive support from Europe for their WC bid for 2030.

The X Files Remix GIF

Can you explain the conspiracy and who’s conspiring with who to achieve what?

Saudi would need UEFA’s help to get a WC. UEFA are opposed to a ESL. It rivals their CL.

What has Saudis got to do with a ESL? Join the dots for me?

Question……

Bearing in mind the sort of winger Ange likes, did we miss a trick not throwing an offer at Zaha for a couple of years?

There aren’t many better one on one wide players in the league and it’s a low risk on a free too.

I’d have been in favour of it.

Yes because our current 1st choice striker is a donkey that can’t hit a barn door, has the first touch of a wooden plank and runs around harem scarem accomplishing fuck all unless you count yellow cards for goals he doesn’t even score because he was offside.

Did I mention he cost nearly £60 m?
That isn't an argument for another young guy who might develop though, that is an argument for bringing in a proven striker who can compete and take the jersey. So back to Vlahovic in other words.

Back
Top Bottom