Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.

Even including Porro and Kulu, we are getting blown out the water by Bournemouth….

And this is meant to be a rebuild with a lot of player turnover.

Pathetic from Levy

If you buy smart those headline figures are nothing but misleading.

Different windows I know but when you compare Bissouma at £35m to Rice at £105m, who would you rather have?!

If it’s the club’s new strategy to buy young, on an analytics basis, then we’re unlikely to feature as one of the higher net spenders. VDV for instance is looking like a snip from his debut performance.

I’d much rather the club followed this approach as spending big in the past has not guaranteed quality.

Can’t wait for the Super league and hopefully we’re not in it, Spurs, West Ham, Villa and Everton fighting for the English title every season, sounds okay to me
Maybe. But if a SuperLeague takes off, interest, prestige and attendances in the rump that's left of the Premier League will drop like a stone

Last edited:
What do you mean by “the end game for the Saudis is a European Super League”?

That's not what I wrote, a ESL will be reintroduced as the only means to counter the growing threat posed by Saudi. It's a conspiracy, man!

In return, Saudi will receive support from Europe for their WC bid for 2030.

The X Files Remix GIF

Scarlett, Veliz, Parrott, Donley, Soonsup-Bell, we already have 5 striker projects, do we need another one really?
None of them have scored regularly in mens football, none profile similarly to Kyogo (main reference point for what Ange might want in a striker), if Orban has the look of somebody who'll be top level in a year or two then go for it if Ange and Scouting dept are on board. If we can't get Vlahovic or Muani, I'm all for getting somebody like Orban.

What do you mean by “the end game for the Saudis is a European Super League”?
They can't be a part of the CL, so it stands to reason that the Super League would rival the CL in interest if the biggest clubs were a part of it. Need proof - look what they did with LIV Golf. Started buying all the best players, got TV deals, and then essentially bought the PGA a year later. The Saudi's will buy as much talent as they can and then make the argument that they are one of the best leagues in the world. Then we'd likely see Al-Hilal and Al-Nassar in the SL

I think you misunderstand me. There is no way that the 20% sell on clause helps us in any way as someone else seemed to be suggesting, yes 20% of £60m is more than giving away 20% of £50m, but so is the 80% that they keep...

There's no tipping point where Palace turn round and say, "whoaaa boys, we don't want any more than that, in fact offer less if anything..."

Bottom line is that the bigger the bid, the more money Palace get, they have no reason to minimise the fee. I was actually agreeing with your point initially, there's no reason why Palace would just see 2x their original outlay as fair and sell for that, they will simply get as much as possible.

The point you quoted isn't as absurd as you're making out........

Think about any negotiation process...... Seller prices high..... Buyer bids low and you typically meet somewhere in the middle...... The 20% clause means that middle point is in fact not as low as it appears on paper from a Palace point of view.

Of course 80p in the pound is better than 0p; but that's not the point being made.

Last edited:
From the tiny bit I’ve seen, I’m not keen on Orban for us. I like strikers who can do more than just score goals. I like them to be a bit more rounded.
im not over convinced hes actually as good as made out. the clips are from him playing at such a shit standard, i doubt hed be replicating that sort of shit at a higher level.

if its true that hes only been playing football a few years thats a concern too.

Yes... Yes I did...... Why? You're playing silly buggers; trawling for gotchas again.

Believe what you want. See above.
Not a gotcha, more like a bit of honesty.

Should we play the same game with Eze that we did for Tapsoba?

Again, I’m saying Eze is never happening this window and I find the public links right now to be curious because anyone that knows our chairman knows it’s not happening.

So, City seem to be going for Doku as their wing signing. Apparently PSG eyeing up Muani and Bradley Barcola. Apparently Lyon need a sale.. I wonder if there's a doable deal to be done for Barcola. Since bus-conductor bus-conductor mentioned him I've been kinda blown away by how productive he is.

Back
Top Bottom