Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.

First Half GIF

I also ignored 7 goal scorers for City, who between them scored 13 goals.

We are arguing about hypotheticals, the player's most productive seasons as a guide seems fair enough. We can't really know how many these players will score. And if you're gonna take issue with made up numbers, maybe don't mention Johnson, seeing as he's not actually signed for us yet.

The basic point is that we'd have to assume that almost every player scores at or higher rate than their best ever in a season.

Are you really expecting any of these players to contribute enough to see us scoring 2 goals a game for the entire duration of the season? There are only 11 players on the pitch at a time and only 90mins a game, if Johnson and Son play a lot Kulu and Solomon will necessarily get fewer opportunities to score.

Perisic has one PL goal in his career, Gil has none, Romero's highest tally in a league season is 2, PEH will be riding the bench... probably for United or Atletico.
Blah blah blah blah blah.

If you're so sure, make a friendly wager. We score less than last season, you win. £20 to the charity of the winner's choice.

Come on big guy. You chicken?

Yes that’s a good point.

But did he want him for a squad that was being built for Conte or did he want him as a young talent that he’d identified.

He made a gaff with Richy doing the former.

He’s obviously a great judge of young talent doing the second one with Udogie and Sarr.

But like I said, it’s going to the back of my mind because it’s clear Johnson is happening and he’s going to rip it up in Lilywhite.

Have we ever had a bad Welshman ? (Don’t actually answer this question)

Presumably the later if we're still after him..... That's the point.

The #1 target stuff could just as easily be journo hype to jazz things up a bit.

If he's been scouted over the long term and Ange approves; that's the two main things..... Ange isn't gonna approve a 50m player for the sake of it.

i think they could. they look dreadful in the middle. far too soft. obviously if hes shit hell get dropped but i think they would buy with the intention of having him slotting in asap.

they aint going to be buying him as backup to a shit midfield are they?

Not sure about that but why help then unuless we are bringing a midfielder in? Would be daft.

He's gohe then!

PEH would have to be replaced though. Just Sarr, Bissouma and Skipp is not enough. I know Bentancur will be back but there will be question marks regarding his form after a long period out.
Could be one or the youngsters making the step up.. Ange has had time to have a good look at the academy

Presumably the later if we're still after him..... That's the point.

The #1 target stuff could just as easily be journo hype to jazz things up a bit.

If he's been scouted over the long term and Ange approves; that's the two main things..... Ange isn't gonna approve a 50m player for the sake of it.
I will say this.

Levy doesn’t push for 50m players.

This IS an Ange signing.

I just feel the PR is related to him being our only signing after Kane.

His so slow talks about other shite instead of just getting to the point. Reminds me of Ronnie Corbett when he use to do his monologue on two Ronnies. He’d have the main joke but would side track to make other jokes. Main diff was he was funny! Whereas gold talks BS about shite we do t care about and just repeats himself. Plus his so dreary. “Aliastair Gold here, hhhm, aaahhh, as can see I’m in a hotel room” blah blah blah.
Shaun in spurs talk show or Ben abd Sim even the guy who does 60 second update, Savva are so much better!

You do understand that only 1 person you mentioned here is an actual journalist don't you?

.....And it's the one you're slagging off.

I was surprised when I first saw you disliked him, you used to like technical intelligent players and hate fast players who can dribble (like Lennon).

I never hated fast players. As I said above, I like fast players, but it’s a bit pointless if it’s not attached to some brains or craft - (eg Lennon).

I don’t think Kulusevski is particularly great technically either, certainly I think that technique is easily flustered under pressure anyway. And he’s very one footed.

ah look another with no option or obligation. Cya next season Djed.
That's fine. The objective is for him to get regular game time so we can put him in the shop window. If Leeds want him after that, they can still bid for him. And his price will be much higher than it would be if we set it now.

I don't understand why people reflexively poopoo these things without sitting to think through them for a moment.

I will say this.

Levy doesn’t push for 50m players.

This IS an Ange signing.

I just feel the PR is related to him being our only signing after Kane.

These thoughts aren't aligned.

Seriously, mate..... You get way too bogged down in all this second guessing everything as PR...... Strictly speaking that's not even what PR means.

You repeatedly cite some sort of subversive media manipulation agenda; when for the most part it wouldn't be worth the clubs effort.

Last edited:
Makes more sense than spending a lot on Tosin, to me at least. Dav has stepped it up under Ange, and the new way of playing suits his strengths.

We need 4CBs regardless.....

Tosin wouldn't cost a lot; but it doesn't seem likely now. The Monaco connection has been rumbling all summer.

Few nice cameos from PEH and suddenly he can stay ?

He only has 2 years left on his deal. Not in Ange’s future plans.

Sell him to any club offering over £30 mill

Back
Top Bottom