Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
He’s got a year on his contract so he’s very much available.

Wait; so people are happy to pay 5-6 contracts off and burn about 45m quid in the process, but not let a still useful Dav run his deal down and leave for free in a years time?

You lot...... FFS! :ange-facepalm:

Last edited:
I could do with a change in my prescription. Genuinely curious, what are you on? As it's got to be some top notch stuff :andros:
Come on, mate, for once he's posted something optimistic. Don't ruin any momentum he might be gathering (although one in a row might not exactly be momentum, but still).

There must be something I'm not getting...

We're apparently about to spend over half the money from selling our record goalscorer to bring in a relatively unproven non-goalscoring winger in an area where we already have Kulu, Solomon, Gil and Porro at a pinch.

What's the attraction?

Last edited:
Ange literally said the other day in his presser that he still feels that there is value in the market if you look in the right places. Johnson for £50m clearly isn't that, so you can only assume the club have got hung up on having another HG player.

No; one can come to other more salient conclusions than that.

Last edited:
Wait; so people are happy to pay 5-6 contracts off and burn about 45m quid but not let a still useful Dav run his deal down and leave for free in a years time?

You lot...... FFS! :ange-facepalm:
I don’t think he’s very good and has proven that under multiple managers. And if we get a decent offer we should take it if we are a well-run club. Does anyone really want to see him playing through a press like we were last Saturday if Romero gets injured?

There must be something I'm not getting...

We're apparently about to spend over half the money from selling our record goalscorer to bring in a relatively unproven non-goalscoring winger in an area where we already have Kulu, Soloman, Gil and Porro at a pinch.

What's the attraction?
Bill old boy.

That’s an excellent question.

You have to assume that the club think he can play as a 9. Only way it really makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom