Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's not doing an 'airfixx'..... You used made up figures.:richtongue:

Also; thats 9 players vs 7 and you've not considered the goalscoring potential of:

Kulu
Solomon
Perisic
Sarr (already has 1)
Gil
Romero (already has 1)
PEH (?)
Johnson (?)
I also ignored 7 goal scorers for City, who between them scored 13 goals.

We are arguing about hypotheticals, the player's most productive seasons as a guide seems fair enough. We can't really know how many these players will score. And if you're gonna take issue with made up numbers, maybe don't mention Johnson, seeing as he's not actually signed for us yet.

The basic point is that we'd have to assume that almost every player scores at or higher rate than their best ever in a season.

Are you really expecting any of these players to contribute enough to see us scoring 2 goals a game for the entire duration of the season? There are only 11 players on the pitch at a time and only 90mins a game, if Johnson and Son play a lot Kulu and Solomon will necessarily get fewer opportunities to score.

Perisic has one PL goal in his career, Gil has none, Romero's highest tally in a league season is 2, PEH will be riding the bench... probably for United or Atletico.

Interestingly Hojbjerg is linked with ManU - I know several and they think he's a better CM than most that they have, so the interest is probably real

It won't suit the narrative on some TFC fans if he moves from Spurs (where apparently 'he's not good enough') to go to ManU !
I'd rather PEH than McFred

Keep Hojbjerg until January when Bentancur will be back and up to speed.
We need that sort of player who can deputise when the AFCON happens and when another player is either injured and subbed. Skippy if fine as one but I can't help but feel we need two and as Bentancur has a big question mark over him I tend to agree with your assessment. Would Dier be a terrible back-up, to drop into that space in-front of the defence? Maybe to just get us through this season?

Keep Hojbjerg until January when Bentancur will be back and up to speed.
we should only be selling him if its for good money that we can get an actual upgrade with. even selling him for 40m, that can easily be wasted if the scouting is shit. ndombele.... least we know what we get with PEH, he adds value to the squad.

youd rather have skipp coming on to see games out than PEH?

I don't see a massive difference.

Ange brings them on for the intensity of running left in their legs.

Hojberg has the rep for coming on to calm things down but he's nearly cost us a goal against UTD and Skipp was just as good as him vs B'Muff.

Marginally would choose Hojberg but not for the 30m we might get for him.

3,4 or 5 players scoring 10 each better than 1 scoring 30. Let’s put the 1 scoring 30 back in the team . That could mean 1 scoring 30 with 2,3 or 4 scoring 10 goals each. Wouldn’t that be much better. .
Last season watchingnSpurs I’d scream to get more players in the box which wasn’t happening, even Kane outside. Against Bournemouth there were times when we had 5 in the box, promising. We still need that pen early box striker however. Not to get one would be ridiculous.
:kanehand:

hate to break it to you mate, but he left!

(But I do know what you mean) ...a 30+ goal machine AS WELL as the attacking options we now have would be ridiculous football sex!

...but sadly, right now, Richie AIN'T that 30+ goal striker...

Maybe he thinks it means he's supposed to get 30 in his ENTIRE CAREER, not in one season?!

I would say Hoijberg does belong in a top 4/6 team.
Ceiling or not, Skipp has done nothing that makes me think he even has the potential. He's not even as young as people make out anymore.
For Hojberg it depends on the system. If you need mobility and the ability to receive on the half turn under pressure, he can't do it for a bottom 6 team.

Skipp has better mobility and ability to play on the half turn under pressure.

Hojberg has the rep for coming on to calm things down but he's nearly cost us a goal against UTD and Skipp was just as good as him vs B'Muff.

I love skippy but PEH is still well ahead of him. Skipp hasn't quite kicked on since his first season.

i dont know about that. PEH was really good when he came on. that little ball he done over to porro, shit like that goes unnoticed, but hes got that in his locker, ive never seen skipp produce a moment of class like that. hes also a bit of a unit PEH, while skipp has a scrap it all seems desperate, PEH seems far more in control of things when hes in duals. he had one late in bournemouth, won the ball then won the foul, the reaction from romero and porro etc said it all.

i dont know about that. PEH was really good when he came on. that little ball he done over to porro, shit like that goes unnoticed, but hes got that in his locker, ive never seen skipp produce a moment of class like that. hes also a bit of a unit PEH, while skipp has a scrap it all seems desperate, PEH seems far more in control of things when hes in duals. he had one late in bournemouth, won the ball then won the foul, the reaction from romero and porro etc said it all.

For the role of coming on late, Hojberg marginally ahead of Skipp, I agree.

Not for 30m though.

Back
Top Bottom