Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnVjoJZTivM

Maybe this is what Ange and co are seeing in Brennan Johnson. His championship highlights look a good bit better than what I've seen of him in the PL.

Maybe they're hoping in that in a better team he can take a step up and show that little bit of extra finesse and composure he wasn't showing in the PL.

That's the thing with highlights though, how many crosses, shots, good buildup were fluffed before he managed to get the ones that ended up in highlights.

So our Keeper was considered shite as he was apparently a cheap punt, but then when we are linked to BJ for £50 million apparently thats too much money to pay? :mourcheeks:

Any excuse for the

Cat Working GIF

Depends on whether you want to see the club really push to win or if you are cool with the status quo of how they have always behaved.
Look, there's an argument to be made about going all in this year that we are playing one match a week and actually challenge for the title itself. Had we done that in Poch's second year, we might have pipped Lessester to the title. But the only one who can make that assessment is the manager himself and I have no idea what's in Ange's head. The little I know about him, however, he seems to be one that focuses on implementing his philosophy, first and foremost. So maybe he has already written off the results this season in favor of that, meaning that more signings or staying put will probably not make much difference to how he approaches year 1 at Spurs.

So our Keeper was considered shite as he was apparently a cheap punt, but then when we are linked to BJ for £50 million apparently thats too much money to pay? :mourcheeks:
Keeper had excellent abilities and stat . People whining about him were silly. And a cheap punt is the best kind of punt. BJ has 8 goals to his name, we already have a shit striker for £60m who cant score, spending another £50m on another random is stupid. Expensive punts are stupid.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnVjoJZTivM

Maybe this is what Ange and co are seeing in Brennan Johnson. His championship highlights look a good bit better than what I've seen of him in the PL.

Maybe they're hoping in that in a better team he can take a step up and show that little bit of extra finesse and composure he wasn't showing in the PL.

That's the thing with highlights though, how many crosses, shots, good buildup were fluffed before he managed to get the ones that ended up in highlights.

This, and don't forget what the impact might be of playing with better a better squad around him.

Do I think it likely that Maddison will find him with delicious through balls on the regular? Absolutely.

:maddisonshh:

How many days since they sold Kane?
What difference does it make? We're averaging 2 goals a game and also averaging an xG of 2.0, which shows we're not fluking the 2 goals per game average.

What is it with this fixation on "have we spent the Kane money yet?" Don't worry, we'll spend it. In the meantime we're looking fine without him and the manager and club are working on moving players out and getting new ones in. It's not all going to happen in one window ffs!

Keeper had excellent abilities and stat . People whining about him were silly. And a cheap punt is the best kind of punt. BJ has 8 goals to his name, we already have a shit striker for £60m who cant score, spending another £50m on another random is stupid. Expensive punts are stupid.
The keeper was someone who we identified as being the right fit and so far its proving to be good scouting, as long as BJ is the same the cost to me is irrelevant really. I'd much rather Levy go out and actually get Big Ange his targets, and if that is BJ then lets get it done.

When did he play plenty on the left? In League 1?

Dunno...... Didn't dig that deep.... Lemme know.

Guy's two footed...... Is he only on the right cos it suits Forest's needs?

I dunno that either.

Ange is alleged by many here to 'un-invert' his wingers........ If so then the rumoured BJ / Rich / Son line-up isn't as nonsensical as a few clowns made out.

I have, thank you.

Need I remind you that he plays for Wales.
Yes but unfortunately Rodon does as well.

Truth is I have watched a few games and in those BJ was always a sub. Rodon always started. At Forest I’ve only seen his goals in highlights.

The point is who gives a fuck what we all think and I honestly can’t see why so many approve or disapprove of any signing we are considering because until they play for Spurs we really don’t know what they will bring.

I sincerely hope that our recruitment team is watching thousands of hours live and TV footage because that is their job. If they want BJ then who the fuck are we to say yes or no?

If Ange wants him I’m all for him and I do t care what he costs as long as he fits in

I don’t think he’s very good and has proven that under multiple managers. And if we get a decent offer we should take it if we are a well-run club. Does anyone really want to see him playing through a press like we were last Saturday if Romero gets injured?

Rather that than Dier, Tanganga or to be solely reliant upon Phillips.

Even Davies.... I'm a fan of his, but it's clear Ange will use him at LB so we'd be leaving oursleves too thin relying on him to be CB#3 too.

Oh certainly!

To be clear, I'm not criticising anyone or anything, I just don't really understand the thinking.
Absent being in Ange's head, I don't think it will be easy to understand the thinking. We don't see what he sees, so in some cases we just have to have to put our faith in him that he knows what he's doing. Even if it doesn't make sense to us outside observers.

Back
Top Bottom