Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes but unfortunately Rodon does as well.

Truth is I have watched a few games and in those BJ was always a sub. Rodon always started. At Forest I’ve only seen his goals in highlights.

The point is who gives a fuck what we all think and I honestly can’t see why so many approve or disapprove of any signing we are considering because until they play for Spurs we really don’t know what they will bring.

I sincerely hope that our recruitment team is watching thousands of hours live and TV footage because that is their job. If they want BJ then who the fuck are we to say yes or no?

If Ange wants him I’m all for him and I do t care what he costs as long as he fits in

The point was that the poster I replied to commented that they doubted posters on here had seen much of BJ. My reply about him playing for Wales was to show that actually some of us have seen a fair bit of him play, not that him playing for Wales automatically made him good (although I think he is).

Anyway, as you say, if Ange wants him, then lets get him.

Watching full match compilations of Johnson atm, warming to him a bit. Without having the high level trickery highlight moments /nutmegs etc that Rashford uses at times to beat a defender, Johnson does remind me of Rashford a bit with his burst of pace to get behind, and his shot placement. First time passing and ball retention looks better than stats suggest, numbers likely seriously hampered by his instructions being "Brennan, get the ball in our half and carry it to their box, thanks".

Dunno...... Didn't dig that deep.... Lemme know.

Guy's two footed...... Is he only on the right cos it suits Forest's needs?

I dunno that either.

Ange is alleged by many here to 'un-invert' his wingers........ If so then the rumoured BJ / Rich / Son line-up isn't as nonsensical as a few clowns made out.
What do you mean "lemme know"? You're the one who made the claim!

This was sarcasm?

Surely every single Spurs fan went into this window thinking the CB situation was the bare minimum after conceding a stupid amount of goals last year.

There have been great signing s and the coach has made a great start.

But step back and look objectively at what the club has actually done and always done.

They sold Harry Kane this summer.

Is that you stepping back and looking at it objectively?

Im not sure you or I would even be capable of doing that considering how much time is spent talking about spurs and having very, very strong personal opinions about the goings on at the club.

I genuinely couldn't trust you to be objective about it any more than I could.

What will be interesting is to read what someone with the ability to be objective about it thinks and we will likely be able to see that come the end of the window

I'm sure if we'd had lost the first 3 games we would have seen activity by now.

This great start has 100% allowed Levy to rest on his laurels so we've done fuck all since the Kane sale.

No other top team would sell their best/most iconic player for 100m and not have something lined up immediately.

The problem is that your bringing him in as a backup for Richarlison, I don't know if we can afford to have 2 players who could potentially be duds vying for the same spot, if it were Kane I'd probably understand.

The flipside is that a fancied prospect would likely want to avoid the roadblock of Kane.......

I think IF we believe he'll be the business then it's worth the risk.

Buying STs is always a punt.... At least it's not an expensive one and ought to be an easy-ish re-sale if necessary.

HG isn't of immediate importance this season... We're not gonna spend 50m because of it.
It's not, but we need to start addressing it early. Else we will be desperate next summer and that'll only drive up the prices for our HG targets, which in turn will impact our ability to get other non-HG targets. Better we start now and deal from a position of relative strength next window.

Hojbjerg sale could be legit devastating to our season if Bissouma was to pick up anything approaching a serious injury. There's that to consider.

I'm just a glass half full kinda lass :roflmao:
Always trying to look on the bright side and see the positives. Just in my nature.🤷‍♀️
barf throw up GIF by VidCon

That's fine. The objective is for him to get regular game time so we can put him in the shop window. If Leeds want him after that, they can still bid for him. And his price will be much higher than it would be if we set it now.

I don't understand why people reflexively poopoo these things without sitting to think through them for a moment.

"Get 'em out... I don't care how" quickly evaporated for the bullshit it always was too.

I'm sure if we'd had lost the first 3 games we would have seen activity by now.

This great start has 100% allowed Levy to rest on his laurels so we've done fuck all since the Kane sale.

No other top team would sell their best/most iconic player for 100m and not have something lined up immediately.
Yeah, but we didn't lose our first 3 games, sparky. We dominated them.

What a load of bollocks to make up just to further your fucking anti-Levy agenda. Geez...

There must be something I'm not getting...
We're apparently about to spend over half the money from selling our record goalscorer to bring in a relatively unproven non-goalscoring winger in an area where we already have Kulu, Solomon, Gil and Porro at a pinch.
What's the attraction?

Possible future resale value, maybe?

Hojbjerg sale could be legit devastating to our season if Bissouma was to pick up anything approaching a serious injury. There's that to consider.
Bentancur would fill in. Sarr would fill Benta's place. And we'd still have Skipp and GLC on the bench. It'll be a setback, for sure, but not exactly disastrous.

This, and don't forget what the impact might be of playing with better a better squad around him.

Do I think it likely that Maddison will find him with delicious through balls on the regular? Absolutely.

:maddisonshh:

It’s such a shame we didn’t have Maddison and Kane playing together even for one season. Their intelligence and technical skills another level.

Back
Top Bottom