Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hopefully we'll at least see them linking up regularly for England (God willing, even Southgate sees sense and drops Mount for Maddison when he sees what he's doing/will do with us).

Southgate has done a decent job in comparison with prior but I do wonder if he is the man to use such a talented attacking generation. I think Someone on this forum said Southgate puts his seatbelt on when he takes a shit.

If you can’t get the below team playing like gods next tournament it will be time to go. If Mount starts over Maddison then Southgate should be kicked in the balls.

Pope
James Stones Colwell Chilwell
Rice Bellingham
Saka Maddison/Foden Grealish
Kane

Having scrolled through a few pages, they seem to rate the kid highly.

I don't know much about him apart what has been posted here but will defer to Ange. Money sounds high, but then again we are talking about football in 2023.

They are genuinely gushing over him but wishing him well too.... they all seem to accept he defo wants to leave and mindfully concerned about falling foul of FFP too (Levy time Leverage)

I still dont think he is worth 50M in terms of talent but reading their fans comments they truly believe in the talent of the lad .... if he does come please lets not utlize the acronym of " BJ " for him , just reads wrong all over the forest forum !!!:skippwtf2:

It's not, but we need to start addressing it early. Else we will be desperate next summer and that'll only drive up the prices for our HG targets, which in turn will impact our ability to get other non-HG targets. Better we start now and deal from a position of relative strength next window.

The HG tax exists every season.

Currently (in one HG form or another we have):

Austin
Whiteman
Forster
Tanganga
Phillips
Davies
Sess
Skipp
Maddison
Scarlett
Spence (loan)
Parrot (loan)
Divine (loan)
White (loan)

I'm certainly not arguing that BJ's HG status isn't welcome.... I just don't think it's urgent enough to force our hand into buying a player we otherwise wouldn't buy.

Southgate has done a decent job in comparison with prior but I do wonder if he is the man to use such a talented attacking generation. I think Someone on this forum said Southgate puts his seatbelt on when he takes a shit.

If you can’t get the below team playing like gods next tournament it will be time to go. If Mount starts over Maddison then Southgate should be kicked in the balls.

Pope
James Stones Colwell Chilwell
Rice Bellingham
Saka Maddison/Foden Grealish
Kane
Grealish isn’t a starter for England. Hell go for Rashford on the left . Plays well with Kane . Kane needs pace around him. Rashford scores goals although I wouldn’t say he’s a great finisher. Grealish never scores goals.

A "fact" you can't back up, cool.

HyXu2zG.png

Keen to know any more? Then stop humping my leg and do your own fucking research, you twat.

Back
Top Bottom