Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
It’s such a shame we didn’t have Maddison and Kane playing together even for one season. Their intelligence and technical skills another level.

Would have been the bollocks even in Conte-ball.

Shame he couldn't comprehend the idea of keeping the ball though.

The team isn't a joke you twat.

I like watching the team because I support the team.

The club is run by a bunch of jokers.

Well said Mr Arlison. Echoing my sentiments exactly

"Support the TEAM. not the BOARD"

Tottenham_Hotspur_FC_flag_2.gif

Would have been the bollocks even in Conte-ball.

Shame he couldn't comprehend the idea of keeping the ball though.

I am just glad we have moved past it. Conte was the best of the anti-football coaches we got but it just doesn’t suit the club, never has. Surely Levy and the baord must look back at Jol, Redknapp and Poch and think why did the fans like them.

Our motto ‘to dare is to do’ should be plastered in the board room and read every time we have to hire a new manager.

As for Maddison he is the star of the transfer window, probably £100m or more if we had to sell him right now. I’d like us to hit Eze next summer when he has 1 year on the deal.

Yes. But if yanited & AtMad have both told his agent they want him as a first team player, I can't imagine PEH would want to stay at Spurs as squad depth, just in case one of our first choice CMs gets crocked.

As always, there's what the club want and what the player & his agent will accept when other big clubs are whispering in their ear.

Plus if by Xmas Rodrigo Bentancur is getting back to his previous form, he is a better fit for Ange's midfield than PEH.

Still, if we decide we want to keep PEH until Jan; we hold that power regardless.

Yes but unfortunately Rodon does as well.

Truth is I have watched a few games and in those BJ was always a sub. Rodon always started. At Forest I’ve only seen his goals in highlights.

The point is who gives a fuck what we all think and I honestly can’t see why so many approve or disapprove of any signing we are considering because until they play for Spurs we really don’t know what they will bring.

I sincerely hope that our recruitment team is watching thousands of hours live and TV footage because that is their job. If they want BJ then who the fuck are we to say yes or no?

If Ange wants him I’m all for him and I do t care what he costs as long as he fits in
He was a sub because Wales had a better winger, some guy called Gareth Bale. Rodon started more true but he was a centreback for Gods sake.

Still, if we decide we want to keep PEH until Jan; we hold that power regardless.
That assumes yanited wil lstill want PEH at Xmas.

My sense is ETH has panicked realising Casemiro cannot play as a sole DM, and being allergic to another season of McFred.

So yanited will go all out to sign one of PEH, Gravenberch or Amrabat before the summer window closes.

PEH will still have value in the January 2024 window, but the potential buyers will likely be different, and not as rich.

Tonight's game can't come quick enough.

It might actually cheer some of you up.
You would like to think that.... but loads are already secretly hoping GIO LO CELSO fails tonight so they can bark " Told you So "

Sad I Know GIF by Mike Hitt

PS .... I really cant wait to hear Robbie Williams " Im loving BIG ANGE instead " tonight... Just imagine that at the Lane too it would be so immense at home!

Barcelona centre-back Clément Lenglet (28) is expected to part ways with the La Liga champions amid interest from Rennes and Aston Villa. L’Equipe understands that the France international defender is being touted as a possible replacement in the event that Arthur Theate (23) leaves the Bretons. The Belgium international is the subject of interest from RB Leipzig, who are in the market for a left-sided centre-back. The French publication also reported this Tuesday that Tottenham’s Davinson Sánchez – who was Lenglet’s teammate last season when the latter was loaned out to North London – was also considered. Rennes have reportedly submitted a €9m bid to acquire the services of the Colombian international.

Back
Top Bottom